Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lipscomb (Official Game Thread) - 02/25/10
Bookmark and Share
KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
Lipscomb (Official Game Thread) - 02/25/10
Two games left in the season....we have obviously hit a rough spot. Our last turn around kind of came out of nowhere...hopefully we can do the same in Nashville. We still have an outside shot at the #7 seed...

Go Owls!
02-25-2010 12:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Harry Johannas Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Great basketbal
RE: Lipscomb (Official Game Thread) - 02/25/10
The season is over. We have taken 2 steps backwards. Counting tonight there are 3 games left. The girls have a better chance than we do of advancing past the first game next week.

Our players are selfish offensively and soft defensively. That is not a winning combination.
02-25-2010 01:38 PM
1st String

Great first post Harry...Just the kind of fan we need :) You must not watch much basketball, or at least not much Georgia Basketball...the 2008 Georgia bulldogs entered the SEC tournament with a 13-16 overall record having lost 6 out of their last 7 games in the regular season. They then went on to win 4 in a row in the SEC tournament, and get a bid to the NCAA tournament.

There is always life in NCAA basketball. Even though we are not playing well, it does no good to give up on the team.
02-25-2010 02:39 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
DonatorsDonators
KB, there was also a tornado that came through the Georgia Dome during that tournament that shifted it to an empty GT Collissium.

I guess you are right, it will take an act of god to give us a chance.
02-25-2010 03:57 PM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

Would not surprise me at all if we won our last two games at Lipscomb and Belmont. You never know what Kennesaw team your going to face.

We really need to work on ball movement and moving without the ball to set up open looks for players. I have never seen so much standing around on the offensive end as Kennesaw.

I'm dev not giving up on them though. I mean i still havent given up on my Baltimore Orioles, so you know i have patience with losing :)
02-25-2010 05:22 PM
1st String

I don't know how the tornado helped Georgia at all in that tournament...seems as though they were the hometown team of sorts with it in Atlanta. We are a snap of a finger from being 11-7 right now...we take care of business against UNF and Upstate and everyone here is singing a different tune. I am going to keep the faith simply because it does no good not to. I still believe in our players and our coaches and even though this is a rough patch, just look at how much better we are this year than last. This is our first year...we are in the tournament, and I feel like we have a decent shot at no matter who we play.
02-25-2010 05:24 PM
Advertisement

Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

I agree KB. I'm happy we finally get to compete in a some sort of tourney. We could get hot. Stranger things have happend.
02-25-2010 06:56 PM
leanmachine909 Offline
Water Engineer

We got this thing locked down. I slapped hands with all of the players right before they entered the locker room after last Saturday's devastating loss to North Florida and I was wearing my Georgia t-shirt under my KSU sweatshirt and I believe it will pass some magic on to them. :)
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2010 08:31 PM by leanmachine909.)
02-25-2010 08:30 PM
1st String

(02-25-2010 08:30 PM)leanmachine909 Wrote:  We got this thing locked down. I slapped hands with all of the players right before they entered the locker room after last Saturday's devastating loss to North Florida and I was wearing my Georgia t-shirt under my KSU sweatshirt and I believe it will pass some magic on to them. :)

Now we are talking leanmachine. That might be just the thing we needed 04-cheers
02-25-2010 09:02 PM
1st String

Down 7 at half, but from what I saw (about half of the game) we played ok. Lipscomb hit some big shots, and we got beat on the boards again. Our intensity looked good, and our energy was good. Playing on the road in an environment in which I don't think we have ever really had a close game, I am not all that disappointed. Now it is time to come out and play a great second half. We are right in the thick of this one. In the last 2 minutes they hit a contested 3 pointer with .5 left on the shot clock, and we missed a wide open one. If those are reversed this is a 1 point game. Time to start making the big shot.
02-25-2010 09:14 PM
1st String

Playing pretty decent this half, but Hodzic is just annihilating us. Everytime we get a stop Hodzic gets the offensive board. Just killing us...down 9 right now.
02-25-2010 09:47 PM
Advertisement

1st String

7 point deficit now with 4 to play. We are playing them tough this half. Have come up short on three good opportunities in the paint in the last 3 minutes. All three could have been baskets...2 of them Lipscomb made great strips of the ball, and the other Markeith just missed a a layup. Still in this thing and battling hard. This is by far the best we have played at Lipscomb. If we play like this in the tournament (neutral site) we should have a great chance to compete for a win.
02-25-2010 10:01 PM
1st String

Down 3 with 1:58 to play....Lipscomb ball....great play by Ingle there...
02-25-2010 10:05 PM
1st String

Lipscomb hits a 3, Owls miss a shot in the paint...
02-25-2010 10:06 PM
1st String

Only had 2 team fouls so we just used 20 seconds fouling 5 times to get them in the bonus...probably not gonna win, but we played hard...down 7, and Markeith misses another layup...ouch.

Good game for the Owls to be honest, and another tough beat. Hodzic just killed us...we played well enough to win, but we didn't rebound well enough. We have to fix that before the tournament.
02-25-2010 10:09 PM
Corn_3024 Offline
Special Teams

Thanks for the updates. Couldn't see the game tonight. Playing a schedule this difficult at the end of the season can only help our chances come tourney time.
02-25-2010 11:47 PM
Advertisement

Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

at least we were competitive.
02-25-2010 11:59 PM
1st String

When we cut it to 3 points with 2 minutes to play, I thought we were gonna complete the comeback. We played a good defensive possession, the shot clock was winding down, and Slater was penetrating to the middle. We gave good help defense, he kicked the ball out to Teller, and we attacked Teller's shot just like you want to - unfortunately Teller made a great shot, we came down and missed a layup, and the game was pretty much over. So close to having the ball only down 3, and then the whole game changes...one basket and we don't have to foul...we have the momentum...man - that would have been a good road win. Either way it shows that our players and coaches have not given up. They are still fighting, and that is good to see as a fan. Hopefully we play Belmont just as tough, except this time we come out with a win.
02-26-2010 07:44 AM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

(02-26-2010 07:44 AM)KennesawBasketball Wrote:  When we cut it to 3 points with 2 minutes to play, I thought we were gonna complete the comeback. We played a good defensive possession, the shot clock was winding down, and Slater was penetrating to the middle. We gave good help defense, he kicked the ball out to Teller, and we attacked Teller's shot just like you want to - unfortunately Teller made a great shot, we came down and missed a layup, and the game was pretty much over. So close to having the ball only down 3, and then the whole game changes...one basket and we don't have to foul...we have the momentum...man - that would have been a good road win. Either way it shows that our players and coaches have not given up. They are still fighting, and that is good to see as a fan. Hopefully we play Belmont just as tough, except this time we come out with a win.

i'm glad we didnt quit, but i have to say, we need to stop having slow starts. When our team is flowing, were as good as anyone in the conference, but we always have crappy starts. Then we have to claw our way back into the game.

I'd like to see a fast start against Belmont.
02-26-2010 12:30 PM
1st String

I agree 84...
02-26-2010 02:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.