Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Ref's hose WVU
SAHerdFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Packers
Ref's hose WVU
UCunn 30 freakin points from the foul line , guess the BE wants another NCAA tourney team ..
02-22-2010 09:29 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CD11 Offline
I won.

I Root For: Myself
RE: Ref's hose WVU
Oh Jesus. SF Husky vs. SAHerdFan in a refs-hate-my-team, vast right-wing conspiracy battle to the death in 3......2.......1.......
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2010 10:07 PM by CD11.)
02-22-2010 10:06 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
I wasn't going to dignify this thread with a comment, since the refs hosed everybody in that game. But since you replied, I figured I'd chime in on this. Yes, WVU got slammed at the end. But it was AFTER Devin Ebanks threw a gift to Kemba Walker to put the Huskies up by 8. The refs had nothing to do with that...
02-22-2010 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
(02-22-2010 09:29 PM)SAHerdFan Wrote:  UCunn 30 freakin points from the foul line , guess the BE wants another NCAA tourney team ..

That's life in the BE ....the orginal schools like Uconn/G-Town etc get the calls when the chips are down in big games, or at least that's my sterotype

Huggins quote after the game...
"Its hard to make a shot when somebody's running into you. If you don't wanna call its thats fine, but dont call a touch on the other end".
02-22-2010 10:15 PM
CardHouse Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL
I've become numb this year with BE officiating 03-melodramatic

We've had the Big East office more then once this year come out and say "bad call against UofL". 05-nono
02-22-2010 11:13 PM
Advertisement

Yosemite Panther Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Pitt
(02-22-2010 11:13 PM)CardHouse Wrote:  I've become numb this year with BE officiating 03-melodramatic

We've had the Big East office more then once this year come out and say "bad call against UofL". 05-nono

Is BE basketball officiating becoming as bad as BE football officiating--or can nothing ever be that bad?
02-23-2010 01:06 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
It was an ugly game playing Huggin's thug ball. Refs were horrible for both teams. Not surprisingly, Cahill was one of the refs. The old Cincy team used to play like this too. It kind of remind me of Pitt. It is kind of funny a player like Mazzula trying to go toe to toe with Dyson or Walker. He is out of his league. Of course he will resort to fouls. UCONN won this game because they rebounded and played great D.

UCONN got calls cause WVU got nobody who can guard Walker or Dyson 1 on 1. They are just flat out better players and they know how to attack the rim for fouls.

Every UCONN game is like this. Other team could not hang with these 2 and they start fouling. It is the same pattern with just about all UCONN games. UCONN got 2 of the best guards in the entire country.

UCONN was going to win this game regardless of the refs. UCONN is finally playing to its talent and they are just more talented than WVU or most teams in the BE if not all. For UCONN all season, it was about the mental state not the talent issue.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2010 01:30 AM by SF Husky.)
02-23-2010 01:14 AM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
Ahh, how cute... he's back! UConn's on a collision course for the national title! 03-lmfao
02-23-2010 01:47 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-23-2010 01:47 AM)CollegeCard Wrote:  Ahh, how cute... he's back! UConn's on a collision course for the national title! 03-lmfao

03-lmfao UCONN will be a lot closer to the national title than UL. Now that's funny.

Good thing UL is visiting this Sat. We gonna pay you guys back handsomely for the mishap earlier.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2010 03:24 AM by SF Husky.)
02-23-2010 03:07 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(02-23-2010 01:14 AM)SF Husky Wrote:  It is kind of funny a player like Mazzula trying to go toe to toe with Dyson or Walker. He is out of his league. Of course he will resort to fouls.
Actually, he didn't resort to fouls. Some of those were BS touch fouls, when the UConn man charged into him. However Dyson, Walker, and Edwards were allowed to drop their shoulders and force WVU players out of the way for easy layups all night long. If the refs had called those fouls consistently both ways, those 3 would have fouled out in the first half...
02-23-2010 10:28 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-23-2010 10:28 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
(02-23-2010 01:14 AM)SF Husky Wrote:  It is kind of funny a player like Mazzula trying to go toe to toe with Dyson or Walker. He is out of his league. Of course he will resort to fouls.
Actually, he didn't resort to fouls. Some of those were BS touch fouls, when the UConn man charged into him. However Dyson, Walker, and Edwards were allowed to drop their shoulders and force WVU players out of the way for easy layups all night long. If the refs had called those fouls consistently both ways, those 3 would have fouled out in the first half...

Did you see the foul that was called on Edwards when he fouled out? How about the charge call on him when he scored 2 points and they took that away? Those were all borderline questionable calls. Dude, those refs were horrible. There are stupid fouls called on both sides. If they allow teams to play vs. calling every tacky foul, UCONN would have ran away with that game. Athlete to athlete, UCONN just got better horses regardless of the ranking. A loosely called game would have favored UCONN athleticism much more.

Refs weren't the reason WVU lost. WVU lost cause you got nobody who can take it to the hole like Dyson or Walker. They broke your D down. Also, UCONN big men outrebounded WVU. Those UCONN bigs are finally getting it after a lackluster 1st half of the season.

It would help if WVU actually made their free throws. They didn't. Also, WVU has the same issue SU has which is lack of an elite PG. Guard play will be huge in the NCAA run.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2010 04:41 PM by SF Husky.)
02-23-2010 04:32 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Making FTs would've helped a bunch. They left the margin of victory at the FT line in missed FTs, especially when you consider 2 missed front ends of 1-1 opportunities in each half. But I would love to see just one game officiated consistently, so you at least have some idea of what is what...
02-23-2010 05:04 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-23-2010 05:04 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Making FTs would've helped a bunch. They left the margin of victory at the FT line in missed FTs, especially when you consider 2 missed front ends of 1-1 opportunities in each half. But I would love to see just one game officiated consistently, so you at least have some idea of what is what...

Coming from a team that got screwed twice this year by the refs, I got little sympathy for people crying refs against us. Frankly, refs were part of that game and they do suck. However, they are not the reason WVU lost. They called some horrible fouls against UCONN too.

Lack of an elite PG was exposed by UCONN. It is very valuable to have guards that can attack the rim anytime and get to the foul line or make points. WVU gonna need one to jump to the next level.

All season this has been about UCONN's mental state. Walker is finally playing like a true great PG. UCONN will go as far as he will take us.
02-23-2010 05:10 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I know. I know. Now that Calhoun is back, everyone is going to play like All-Americans, and UConn is going to win it all. You're a riot, dude... 03-lmfao
02-23-2010 05:19 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-23-2010 05:19 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  I know. I know. Now that Calhoun is back, everyone is going to play like All-Americans, and UConn is going to win it all. You're a riot, dude... 03-lmfao

Not saying we gonna win it all LOL. This team is fully capable of going into a funk and play down to their competition. It happened a lot this year. They do, however, have the talent to beat any team in America. I have been saying that all season even when the team was playing bad and some folks here were saying UCONN sux lol.

WVU got two forwards with NBA talent in Butler and Ebanks. They gonna have to make plays for WVU to advance. That being said, they both need a good PG to set them up.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2010 05:25 PM by SF Husky.)
02-23-2010 05:24 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Truck's been doing a pretty good job lately, when he stays out of foul trouble. He's quick enough. But he's still not quite as good a defender as Mazulla, who is able to stay in people's faces without fouling...
02-23-2010 06:15 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-23-2010 06:15 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Truck's been doing a pretty good job lately, when he stays out of foul trouble. He's quick enough. But he's still not quite as good a defender as Mazulla, who is able to stay in people's faces without fouling...

He is but he still has to learn how to make the right decisions.

Kemba Walker is also learning but he is slowly getting it. People forget he is only a sophmore.

Teams with great guard play will have good runs in the NCAA. In the BE, I see Nova, Gtown, UCONN, and surprisingly Pitt. Pitt actually got some good guard play this year. They actually got some good talent vs. the usual get into your face ugly defense of the past. UL also has great talent but Sosa to me is not an elite guard. Cuse might be a tough out because many teams around the country haven't seen a zone like that. They will face trouble when they face teams with great penetrating guards.

Truck certainly can become a great PG. He still got a ton to learn. He is certainly quick enough. Quick does not mean good PG though. Dyson is quick, but I would never say he would be a great PG. AJ Price is a great PG.
02-23-2010 06:55 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

WVU should be very good next year too. Da'Sean Butler and Wellington Smith graduate. But Devin Ebanks should be back for his junior year. I don't see him leaving, unless he goes off on a Joe Alexander like tear...
02-23-2010 07:33 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-23-2010 07:33 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  WVU should be very good next year too. Da'Sean Butler and Wellington Smith graduate. But Devin Ebanks should be back for his junior year. I don't see him leaving, unless he goes off on a Joe Alexander like tear...

Ebanks should be back. He is not ready for the NBA. He should have left last year. His play this year actually is hurting his NBA stock.
02-23-2010 08:08 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Not really. Ebanks has been playing very well of late. His missed another double-double by one rebound against UConn. Da'Sean Butler's the one struggling, and his poor shooting is actually hurting WVU. He's the one taking most of the shots...
02-23-2010 08:27 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.