Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Are We Done With The BS Yet?
Bookmark and Share
PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
Are We Done With The BS Yet?
Now that the barely over .500 Chickenhawgs have lost on the road to the under .500 Auburn team, can we officially say we are done with the delusional BS from Chickenhawg fans that their team has a shot at an At Large Bid? They still can cling to the hope of a SEC Tournament Championship to get in, but that's it. And that's about as realisitic as thinking that Little Rock is going to get hot in Hot Springs and win the SBC automatic bid.
02-20-2010 10:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: Are We Done With The BS Yet?
(02-20-2010 10:45 PM)PTJR Wrote:  Now that the barely over .500 Chickenhawgs have lost on the road to the under .500 Auburn team, can we officially say we are done with the delusional BS from Chickenhawg fans that their team has a shot at an At Large Bid? They still can cling to the hope of a SEC Tournament Championship to get in, but that's it. And that's about as realisitic as thinking that Little Rock is going to get hot in Hot Springs and win the SBC automatic bid.

Yes. I'm done.
02-20-2010 10:50 PM
Scotto Offline

I Root For: Longshot to Win
They still have a shot at the NIT. Works for me.
02-20-2010 10:53 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(02-20-2010 10:53 PM)Scotto Wrote:  They still have a shot at the NIT. Works for me.

Can't say that isn't true. But at #127 in the RPI, they have a lot of work to do. Who knows Scotto, maybe a miracle in Nashville will happen.
02-20-2010 11:44 PM
Advertisement

Scotto Offline

Keepin' hope alive..!
02-20-2010 11:49 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-20-2010 10:45 PM)PTJR Wrote:  Now that the barely over .500 Chickenhawgs have lost on the road to the under .500 Auburn team, can we officially say we are done with the delusional BS from Chickenhawg fans that their team has a shot at an At Large Bid? They still can cling to the hope of a SEC Tournament Championship to get in, but that's it. And that's about as realisitic as thinking that Little Rock is going to get hot in Hot Springs and win the SBC automatic bid.

Pelphrey has the players playing hard, and although they lost to a very hot Auburn team on the road doesn't diminish what they've been doing lately. They play an exciting style of ball, and you never know with Courtney Fortson what you're going to get, but the kid is a player. Out of control at times, but always going 100 MPH. Obviously they aren't going to the NCAA unless they win the tournament, which isn't likely, but they'll scare some teams and could get an NIT bid if they can win the West. They do have a pretty rough last four games on the schedule. I think Pelphrey will build a good program if the nuts give him a fair chance. This is effectively only his second season. Two more years will be a good assessment. He's got some very good young players. If he can keep them all on the court, they'll be a factor the next couple of years.04-cheers
02-21-2010 10:16 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-20-2010 11:44 PM)PTJR Wrote:  
(02-20-2010 10:53 PM)Scotto Wrote:  They still have a shot at the NIT. Works for me.

Can't say that isn't true. But at #127 in the RPI, they have a lot of work to do. Who knows Scotto, maybe a miracle in Nashville will happen.

You make a good point about their RPI. The local yocals on the radio all believe that all they have to do is finish .500 and they are in the NIT. Yes, that will make them eligible but doesn't mean they are in. We've both studied the NIT selections quite closely (since we've been on the bubble twice in the last 4 or 5 years) and they rarely take a team with an RPI over 100. I guess with games against Vandy and Tenn (plus a tournament game or 2 against a good RPI team) they could move into the top 100, but they are certainly not there yet.
02-21-2010 11:10 AM
Advertisement

Scotto Offline

Just win and the RPI will be there. Don't win and Hogs don't deserve to go. It's pretty simple.
02-21-2010 11:51 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-21-2010 11:51 AM)Scotto Wrote:  Just win and the RPI will be there. Don't win and Hogs don't deserve to go. It's pretty simple.

I think they may have fallen off the bubble with their 18th loss. Is Failphrey really safe?
03-12-2010 12:40 AM
Scotto Offline

He's fine. They're getting better each year and are reloading now that Coach Stan's recruits are finally gone. And if Coach Pelphrey can't get them back to the promised land, well, he'll be replaced.

It's all about expectations. Some have 'em, some don't.
03-12-2010 02:25 AM
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

(03-12-2010 02:25 AM)Scotto Wrote:  He's fine. They're getting better each year and are reloading now that Coach Stan's recruits are finally gone. And if Coach Pelphrey can't get them back to the promised land, well, he'll be replaced.

Sadly, your statement about expectations seems to be right on the mark. And as a fan, its disappointing.
03-12-2010 09:19 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(03-12-2010 02:25 AM)Scotto Wrote:  He's fine. They're getting better each year and are reloading now that Coach Stan's recruits are finally gone. And if Coach Pelphrey can't get them back to the promised land, well, he'll be replaced.

Certainly no expectations for this Little Rock program, other than a lifetime contract for the coach, and every Fall, air up the basketballs, and after the first round of the Sun Belt tournament, let the air out of the balls.
03-12-2010 10:27 AM
Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

I Root For: LR,Tulsa
(03-12-2010 10:27 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  Certainly no expectations for this Little Rock program, other than a lifetime contract for the coach, and every Fall, air up the basketballs, and after the first round of the Sun Belt tournament, let the air out of the balls.

Speaking of BALLS, when is the AD gonna step up get us a new coach?
03-nutkick
03-12-2010 11:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-12-2010 11:04 AM)Robert C Wrote:  
(03-12-2010 10:27 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  Certainly no expectations for this Little Rock program, other than a lifetime contract for the coach, and every Fall, air up the basketballs, and after the first round of the Sun Belt tournament, let the air out of the balls.

Speaking of BALLS, when is the AD gonna step up get us a new coach?
03-nutkick

Paraphrasing famous song lyrics:

"Till...the moon deserts the sky...Till all the seas run dry. till then (I won't fire you coach) I'll worship you dear". Seemed appropriate as an answer to your specific question. And don't forget. Jenny Craig + face life = Mike Newell at UCA!04-cheers
03-12-2010 12:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.