Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bails looking good
Bookmark and Share
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
Bails looking good
Derek is about the only one playing well, but he's having a career game today. He's looking like the player some thought he would be. We need to play him the rest of the year, regardless of any matchups. We need him next year. I realize he may look like Ned in the first reader the next game, but he's having one hell of a game in the first half. And it's a good thing he is playing well, or we'd really be in trouble.
02-20-2010 05:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: Bails looking good
(02-20-2010 05:00 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  Derek is about the only one playing well, but he's having a career game today. He's looking like the player some thought he would be. We need to play him the rest of the year, regardless of any matchups. We need him next year. I realize he may look like Ned in the first reader the next game, but he's having one hell of a game in the first half. And it's a good thing he is playing well, or we'd really be in trouble.

Well that's 2 good games in a row. He had 10 points and 9 rebounds against Denver. 13 points in the first half tonight. We are not going to sign anyone who will be better them him next season. We need to make sure he graduates this summer and I think he will be a key player next year. Like I've said before, I don't think Too Tall became a player until the second half of his junior year. We are not going to get "ready to play" big men. They're going to take time to develop. Maybe the light has finally clicked for Big D.
02-20-2010 05:08 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-20-2010 05:00 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  Derek is about the only one playing well, but he's having a career game today. He's looking like the player some thought he would be. We need to play him the rest of the year, regardless of any matchups. We need him next year. I realize he may look like Ned in the first reader the next game, but he's having one hell of a game in the first half. And it's a good thing he is playing well, or we'd really be in trouble.

I'm happy for Derrick and he did play a very good game, but our system is set up for that to happen, and we keep feeding the ball inside, which in our system, the ball never comes back out, so it makes our inside player look good if he can hit some shots. But in order to win games, you need to also have some come back to the perimeter for open 3's. That's why our 3 point shooters didn't do real well. I haven't looked at the stats, but I don't think III and Ricky had a lot of open 3's. And some of the others were taken when the game was out of reach. When our inside player scores points and our outside players get good open looks, then I'll consider it a well played game. We were just too one dimensional today. As usual.04-cheers
02-20-2010 09:41 PM
Mr. Mediocrity Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UALR TROJANS
I'm happy for Derrick and he did play a very good game, but our system is set up for that to happen, and we keep feeding the ball inside, which in our system, the ball never comes back out

I was rather pleased with the way DB played and remember thinking while watching him that he is highly improved in kicking the ball outside. Saw him do it numerous times, but I don't ever remember seeing the kickee, even when open, hitting the outside shot from one of his feeds.
02-20-2010 11:11 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-20-2010 11:11 PM)Mr. Mediocrity Wrote:  I'm happy for Derrick and he did play a very good game, but our system is set up for that to happen, and we keep feeding the ball inside, which in our system, the ball never comes back out

I was rather pleased with the way DB played and remember thinking while watching him that he is highly improved in kicking the ball outside. Saw him do it numerous times, but I don't ever remember seeing the kickee, even when open, hitting the outside shot from one of his feeds.

I actually was thinking the exact same thing today- Is that the same Derrick who was like a black hole when the ball was thrown in his direction? Today he did a nice job of passing the ball back out. Ironically, we would have been better off if he just kept taking it to the hole. He was making his shots and/or getting fouled, and also doing a good job at the line.
02-20-2010 11:15 PM
LR Alum Offline
1st String

(02-20-2010 11:11 PM)Mr. Mediocrity Wrote:  I'm happy for Derrick and he did play a very good game, but our system is set up for that to happen, and we keep feeding the ball inside, which in our system, the ball never comes back out

The guard were outplayed. Again there was alot of standing around. Bails had a good game albeit mostly in the first half when their best post player sat most of the first half on the bench due to foul trouble. Bails only had 5 points in the 2nd half.
02-20-2010 11:17 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-20-2010 11:17 PM)LR Alum Wrote:  

The guard were outplayed. Again there was alot of standing around. Bails had a good game albeit mostly in the first half when their best post player sat most of the first half on the bench due to foul trouble. Bails only had 5 points in the 2nd half.

If Derrick could average 10 points a game (5 each half) I'd be quite satisfied. Especially, if he added an average of 9 rebounds (that's what he had the last 2 games).
02-21-2010 12:58 AM
Advertisement

LR Alum Offline
1st String

(02-21-2010 12:58 AM)mjs Wrote:  
(02-20-2010 11:17 PM)LR Alum Wrote:  

If Derrick could average 10 points a game (5 each half) I'd be quite satisfied. Especially, if he added an average of 9 rebounds (that's what he had the last 2 games).

Don't get me wrong Bails is improving. The whole team pretty much was shut down in the 2nd half until UNT had subs playing, which the score could have been alot worse.
02-21-2010 09:30 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

In all fairness, I really couldn't follow the game well on the computer, so I can't really comment on the finer points of the game. Obviously our guards didn't hit the shots they did take. I wish I could have gotten it on my TV so I could really see what was happening. On the other hand, it's probably better that I couldn't see. Probably a blessing.03-melodramatic
02-21-2010 09:35 AM
RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
(02-21-2010 09:35 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  

In all fairness, I really couldn't follow the game well on the computer, so I can't really comment on the finer points of the game. Obviously our guards didn't hit the shots they did take. I wish I could have gotten it on my TV so I could really see what was happening. On the other hand, it's probably better that I couldn't see. Probably a blessing.03-melodramatic

Two more games at the Jack - Doc. Your reception should be good from your seats for those.
02-21-2010 09:38 AM
Advertisement

RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock

Lady Trojans play today at noon. Doc - Take your family to lunch after church at one of those pizza places with TV's, I'll bet they will have the game. See you on TV. Our seats are second row behind the bench. Also across the isle from the student section.
02-21-2010 09:42 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-21-2010 09:38 AM)RBL Wrote:  

Two more games at the Jack - Doc. Your reception should be good from your seats for those.

Who could have imagined at the beginning of the season that we'd be sitting here in this position? Our most pessimistic predictions were that we'd we at least ten games. I predicted 16-18 wins, and I swear when I woke up the other morning and looked in the mirror, I saw Rich Schaeffer staring back at me. Scary.03-melodramatic
02-21-2010 09:42 AM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
(02-21-2010 09:42 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  I swear when I woke up the other morning and looked in the mirror, I saw Rich Schaeffer staring back at me. Scary.03-melodramatic

That IS scary!
02-24-2010 12:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.