Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North Florida (Official Game Thread) - 02/20/10
Bookmark and Share
KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
North Florida (Official Game Thread) - 02/20/10
UNF tonight. Last game where we don't have to pull the upset to win. Need to come out strong and play a complete game. We played a pretty good game against Jacksonville, but didn't finish. If we play similar against UNF and do a better job in the last 5 minutes we should have a good chance to come out with the win. Would love to see Kurtis get back on his game. He seems to be forcing a lot of shots lately. Just need for him to get in a rhythm.

Hopefully Ladaris is healed up as well.

Go Owls!
02-20-2010 08:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators
RE: North Florida (Official Game Thread) - 02/20/10
UNF looked tired, sluggish, and weak after the first 5 minutes against Mercer. They connected on their first 5 shots, then went 17-54 the rest of the way. This white guy named Suka (sp?) was their whole team just shooting 3's.

I want to say KSU has this one easy, but emotion will play a factor here for the #7 seed. I stilll say KSU wins, but closer than normal because of the seeding race.
02-20-2010 11:32 AM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kennesaw State
(02-20-2010 09:29 PM)Mike_Hunt Wrote:  Hate to say it....but the Owls are fundamentally retarded. They can't put a body on the ball....and the key to beating the press is to just get it over the line, drive the lane, the center stops ball and dishes it right off for a layup. Ladaris was getting absolutely owned on the glass....he needs to spend all his time in the weight room.
Kurtis KILLED the team tonight...he can't buy a bucket. Also, I like McConnell but his inability to take a QUICK three really stalls the offense at times.
Dawson/Anderson will help TREMENDOUSLY on the boards next year, and Sabics quick release will be much needed. I'm hoping to see a point guard or a big 6'7+ body commit in the next few months.

That was a bit harsh. Ladaris is actually very strong. He just doesnt box out. Its a fundamental flaw.

But yes we had a lot of fundamental problems this year. What disappointed me this year was i never really saw any improvement. I mean it would like were turning a new leaf, and then we'd go right back to those sloppy habits. Maybe we'll get hot again the tourney.
02-20-2010 11:05 PM
Advertisement

KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
Ladaris is not strong, but it isn't because he is lazy. He just needs to continue to work hard in the weight room. He has great potential, and could be a beast in the middle if he commits himself to the weight room. Not too many happy thoughts after watching that game. Tough to get swept by UNF. Gotta find a way to get some momentum by stealing one or two in Nashville.
02-20-2010 11:10 PM
baller8 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: KSU Owls
Until we start rebounding better we are going to be on the losing end. I was at the game tonight and I watched Ladaris standby and watch as UNF got second and third shots. We have got to do a better job of rebounding.
02-20-2010 11:22 PM
Advertisement

baller8 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: KSU Owls
I don't know what we do in practice as far as working on boxing out and rebounding. It looks like we need an assistant coach whose primary job is to teach our guys how to box out. They need to work on this until they are bruised and bloodied.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2010 11:26 PM by baller8.)
02-20-2010 11:25 PM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

Ladaris's main problem is he doesnt have the mindset of a bigman. He used to be a point guard and i think that guard mentality never left him. He's plenty strong, i've seen the guy lift weights. he doesnt have bulky muscles, but he's strong enough to box out forwards and other centers...he just doesnt.
02-20-2010 11:56 PM
Advertisement

Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

(02-21-2010 12:18 AM)Mike_Hunt Wrote:  
(02-20-2010 11:56 PM)Owlzfan84 Wrote:  Ladaris's main problem is he doesnt have the mindset of a bigman. He used to be a point guard and i think that guard mentality never left him. He's plenty strong, i've seen the guy lift weights. he doesnt have bulky muscles, but he's strong enough to box out forwards and other centers...he just doesnt.

So basically you're saying he's lazy? Not good either but I guess that can be fixed. I wish he was a more instinctive shot blocker as well, but that's a lot to ask at this level. His length does bother lots of shots, but that doesn't matter when we don't get the rebound.
Anybody have any idea on if there are 1 or 2 scholarships left?
I hate to be the guy to say it (ok I don't hate it) but Whipple will not be missed at all, and we just might be better off without giving him his 10-15. I appreciate the effort he brings but that's all it is....effort.

No what i'm saying is his mindset is of a guard. Guards dont have that mindset to rebound in the paint. He also seems more comfortable out in the perimeter. He's just not a banger like most big man. Hope he can change that.

and i think we ended up losing a couple scholarships because we had too many players transfer during the probation period.
02-21-2010 12:29 AM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

Yea i think were ok. Our main core is coming back, plus I really, really like Sabic. He'll be ready to play the day he puts on that ksu uni. I'm hoping he continues his great three point shooting.
02-21-2010 01:04 AM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators
North Florida is still the weakest team in the tournament. If KSU is the #8 then I feel bad for the #1! I've seen what KSU is capable of when they're hot. You know what you're gonna get w/ UNF.
02-21-2010 12:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.