Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sadly the Ladies get no love on this board
Bookmark and Share
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
Sadly the Ladies get no love on this board
The ladies had a big 31 point win over their rival Arkansas State last night and not one word about the game on the board this morning. Chastity Reed had her second straight 37 point effort, tying the Stephens Center record she set just a week ago. Chastity also pulled down 10 rebounds.

A great effort by Marian Kursh who had 16 points and 12 rebounds. Kim Stitzman had 12 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists, and 5 steals.

The Trojans overall quickness forced ASU into 25 turnovers, while only committing 13, and it seemed like that most of those came from Trojan subs playing the last four minutes or so.

A great defensive effort by the girls, and a great win over ASU. The Trojans now hold a two game lead over Denver in the West.

Those of you who haven't seen the Trojans play are missing something. Watching Chastity is worth the price of admission. And while it may seem like it, the Trojans are NOT a one girl team. They seem to have great team chemistry, and play together as well as any team I've seen in some time.

Sad, that after the Trojans winning their 12th straight win, and the majority of talk on this board this morning is about the pigs football recruiting.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 10:32 AM by LRTrojan.)
02-04-2010 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: Sadly the Ladies get no love on this board
(02-04-2010 10:23 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  The ladies had a big 31 point win over their rival Arkansas State last night and not one word about the game on the board this morning. Chastity Reed had her second straight 37 point effort, tying the Stephens Center record she set just a week ago. Chastity also pulled down 10 rebounds.

A great effort by Marian Kursh who had 16 points and 12 rebounds. Kim Stitzman had 12 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists, and 5 steals.

The Trojans overall quickness forced ASU into 25 turnovers, while only committing 13, and it seemed like that most of those came from Trojan subs playing the last four minutes or so.

A great defensive effort by the girls, and a great win over ASU. The Trojans now hold a two game lead over Denver in the West.

Those of you who haven't seen the Trojans play are missing something. Watching Chastity is worth the price of admission. And while it may seem like it, the Trojans are NOT a one girl team. They seem to have great team chemistry, and play together as well as any team I've seen in some time.

You are right in that Chastity is well worth the price of admission. And Marian Kursch had a terrific game. She reminds me of Derrick Bails in some respects. I noticed her aggressiveness in rebounding and getting to the basket for shots and drawing fouls last night which I hadn't seen before. If Derrick could just turn it up a notch, he could do the same. He has the skills to score and shoot foul shots.

Every player on that starting five last night played like they were possessed. Kim had a bunch of steals and assists and score in double figures. This is really turning into a great team. If the young players can come along and give them a little help, there's no telling what they could do. And they're really fun to watch. They push the ball up the court every chance they get. Love to see them win it all in Hot Springs.04-cheers
02-04-2010 10:29 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(02-04-2010 10:29 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  
(02-04-2010 10:23 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  The ladies had a big 31 point win over their rival Arkansas State last night and not one word about the game on the board this morning. Chastity Reed had her second straight 37 point effort, tying the Stephens Center record she set just a week ago. Chastity also pulled down 10 rebounds.

You are right in that Chastity is well worth the price of admission. And Marian Kursch had a terrific game. She reminds me of Derrick Bails in some respects. I noticed her aggressiveness in rebounding and getting to the basket for shots and drawing fouls last night which I hadn't seen before. If Derrick could just turn it up a notch, he could do the same. He has the skills to score and shoot foul shots.

Every player on that starting five last night played like they were possessed. Kim had a bunch of steals and assists and score in double figures. This is really turning into a great team. If the young players can come along and give them a little help, there's no telling what they could do. And they're really fun to watch. They push the ball up the court every chance they get. Love to see them win it all in Hot Springs.04-cheers

I haven't been impressed at all with most of the subs. While they haven't played much, Foley pretty well goes with about a six or seven player rotation, I believe that if he's going to continue his good run of the last four years or so, he's going to have to bring in some better talent. The five who wrapped up the game last night for the last four minutes or so, sure had a lot of turnovers, and I can't remember that far back, but they may not have even scored in that period. Definitely not the talent level that plays the majority of minutes.
02-04-2010 10:44 AM
Advertisement

mjs Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(02-04-2010 10:44 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(02-04-2010 10:29 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  

I haven't been impressed at all with most of the subs. While they haven't played much, Foley pretty well goes with about a six or seven player rotation, I believe that if he's going to continue his good run of the last four years or so, he's going to have to bring in some better talent. The five who wrapped up the game last night for the last four minutes or so, sure had a lot of turnovers, and I can't remember that far back, but they may not have even scored in that period. Definitely not the talent level that plays the majority of minutes.

No they didn't score. Looked pretty mad. But its often tough to look good during "mop up" time.
02-04-2010 10:47 AM
RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
Chastity is really working the refs lately. Lot of smiles and grins toward the refs. She was even dribbling up the court once last night smiling and talking to a ref on the way up the court.
02-04-2010 11:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.