Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Offical stAte thread
Bookmark and Share
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

I Root For: UALR
The Offical stAte thread
Could one of the stAte fans give us a run down on your team this year? Style of play, players to watch, up tempo, down tempo, man defense, zone, etc...
02-03-2010 06:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hb8 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: stAte
RE: The Offical stAte thread
I will start. Brady's teams begin with defense. Mostly man but will play some zone, maybe due to our injury driven numbers issues. One if his points is to play aggresive defense without fouling. Next is to be a good rebounding team. Block outs and effort. On offense we have been pretty balanced. As you know Brandon Reed has been lighting it up (34 against Denver, 24 in the first half). He tends to be a streaky outside shooter but will take it to the hole. The other good outside shooter is Daniel Bryant, who has been limited with a seperated shoulder injured in practice just after our first ualr game. I do not know if he will play tomorrow.

We have a decent inside game with Adams posting up and Peterson and Thomas getting some points by being active.

Little Rock's own Trey Finn has had an excellant first year. He is sound on offense but not spectacular. He is also a good defender and is now our second leading rebounder (after leading the team the first 2 months of the year. He is a physical and dependable player.

As you seem to know we start 3 freshmen (with one sophmore and one junior) and our first two off the bench are a junior and another freshman (Adam Sterrenburg from Cabot). Since the injuries to Boone and Lance and the suspension of Brown no seniors are currently making significant contributions. So far our youth and inexperience have not shown up much. Hopefully that will remain so tomorrow.
02-03-2010 08:49 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(02-03-2010 08:49 PM)hb8 Wrote:  I will start. Brady's teams begin with defense. Mostly man but will play some zone, maybe due to our injury driven numbers issues. One if his points is to play aggresive defense without fouling. Next is to be a good rebounding team. Block outs and effort. On offense we have been pretty balanced. As you know Brandon Reed has been lighting it up (34 against Denver, 24 in the first half). He tends to be a streaky outside shooter but will take it to the hole. The other good outside shooter is Daniel Bryant, who has been limited with a seperated shoulder injured in practice just after our first ualr game. I do not know if he will play tomorrow.

We have a decent inside game with Adams posting up and Peterson and Thomas getting some points by being active.

Little Rock's own Trey Finn has had an excellant first year. He is sound on offense but not spectacular. He is also a good defender and is now our second leading rebounder (after leading the team the first 2 months of the year. He is a physical and dependable player.

As you seem to know we start 3 freshmen (with one sophmore and one junior) and our first two off the bench are a junior and another freshman (Adam Sterrenburg from Cabot). Since the injuries to Boone and Lance and the suspension of Brown no seniors are currently making significant contributions. So far our youth and inexperience have not shown up much. Hopefully that will remain so tomorrow.

As a thirty year fan, all I know is I want to beat ASU. The rest is just window dressing. Beat Arkansas State at our place. That's the beginning and the end of things for me.
02-03-2010 10:17 PM
Karl B Offline
1st String

I Root For: UALR , Ark Tech
The finals of my son's 7th grade tournament that were snowed out last Sat are resheduled for Thursday night. I'll miss my first UALR-ASU Little Rock game in years. I am looking forward to seeing ASU's freshman in Hot Springs. I expect a great game and a great crowd. I actually think the Trojans somehow find a way to win from a big game from an unexpected source. I've given away my tickets so hope both sides enjoy the game!
02-03-2010 10:22 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-03-2010 10:17 PM)PTJR Wrote:  
(02-03-2010 08:49 PM)hb8 Wrote:  I will start. Brady's teams begin with defense. Mostly man but will play some zone, maybe due to our injury driven numbers issues. One if his points is to play aggresive defense without fouling. Next is to be a good rebounding team. Block outs and effort. On offense we have been pretty balanced. As you know Brandon Reed has been lighting it up (34 against Denver, 24 in the first half). He tends to be a streaky outside shooter but will take it to the hole. The other good outside shooter is Daniel Bryant, who has been limited with a seperated shoulder injured in practice just after our first ualr game. I do not know if he will play tomorrow.

As a thirty year fan, all I know is I want to beat ASU. The rest is just window dressing. Beat Arkansas State at our place. That's the beginning and the end of things for me.

Well put. Beating ASU would help salvage the season for me. Unless we were really in the running for postseason, I'd trade 4 conference wins for a win against ASU any day. I've got to believe ASU's youth will cause them to fade at some point, although it would take a real down turn for them to not win the weak Western Division. Hopefully, we can start them on a slide tomorrow night. I'm not sure why (certainly no logical reason), but I think we pull the upset tomorrow. We need a big game from one of our big guys to neutralize Adams. If we had "real" basketball fans, they would make life miserable for Trey Finn tomorrow. As it is, there probably aren't 25 folks not on this board that know (or care) that he gave UALR the finger.
02-04-2010 12:26 AM
Advertisement

hb8 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: stAte
The Jonesboro Sun has an article on Trey's return to his hometown tonight.
02-04-2010 08:34 AM
bigdhl Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Here's a link to the Finn article.

http://www.jonesborosun.com/story.php?ID=41743
02-04-2010 08:50 AM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

(02-04-2010 08:50 AM)bigdhl Wrote:  Here's a link to the Finn article.

http://www.jonesborosun.com/story.php?ID=41743

Thanks for the link, I was just about to ask for it.
02-04-2010 09:50 AM
Scotto Offline

I Root For: Longshot to Win
Reckin' JeJuan Brown will play tonight..? Can't imagine how someone involved in a counterfeit operation could still be on the team. Here's your chance to make a stand Coach Brady.

According to the Sun..."Property seized from Brown’s apartment includes a $35 Canon inkjet all-in-one printer, Wal-Mart and Office Max receipts, five linen papers of photocopied U.S. currency, a box of unprinted linen paper and two authentic $20 bills, as well as the fake cash, police said."
02-04-2010 02:52 PM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(02-04-2010 02:52 PM)Scotto Wrote:  Reckin' JeJuan Brown will play tonight..? Can't imagine how someone involved in a counterfeit operation could still be on the team. Here's your chance to make a stand Coach Brady.

According to the Sun..."Property seized from Brown’s apartment includes a $35 Canon inkjet all-in-one printer, Wal-Mart and Office Max receipts, five linen papers of photocopied U.S. currency, a box of unprinted linen paper and two authentic $20 bills, as well as the fake cash, police said."

When did this happen? I either missed it, or don't remember. Has he played any since this happened?
02-04-2010 02:59 PM
Scotto Offline

According to the Sun, it occurred during the smoke-out in December. He has played twice since then, most recently last week against Denver. The paper indicates that he admitted to University police that he was the one making paper, and didn't want anyone else getting in trouble.

I guess a guy is still innocent even after admitting guilt.

Nice.
02-04-2010 03:10 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(02-04-2010 03:10 PM)Scotto Wrote:  According to the Sun, it occurred during the smoke-out in December. He has played twice since then, most recently last week against Denver. The paper indicates that he admitted to University police that he was the one making paper, and didn't want anyone else getting in trouble.
som
I guess a guy is still innocent even after admitting guilt.

Nice.

Evidently, or the mastermind of the World Trade Center bombing would have already been executed.

Sounds like JeJuan Brown was doing some counterfeiting, or was getting ready to do some. That's a pretty serious offense, and my personal opinion is he doesn't need to be representing a school on the basketball court. I would feel the same way had it been one of our players. If he admits guilt, then I'd say he was guilty. If our fans ever wanted to boo one, I'd say this one might well Of course I know the law doesn't see it like that. I'll bet if one of our players or one of the hog players for sure, did something like that, some of those Woof fans would give'em hell.
02-04-2010 04:42 PM
Scotto Offline

stAte players involved in drugs, weapons, and now counterfeit - all in the past couple of years. I can see why Mr. Finn wanted to get away from home. Lots going on up there.
02-04-2010 04:56 PM
Advertisement

Scotto Offline

Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one .45 caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days concentrated emergency raisons; one drug issue containing: antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair a nylon stockings. Shoot, a fellah could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas Jonesboro with all that stuff.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 05:22 PM by Scotto.)
02-04-2010 05:20 PM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas

(02-04-2010 04:56 PM)Scotto Wrote:  stAte players involved in drugs, weapons, and now counterfeit - all in the past couple of years. I can see why Mr. Finn wanted to get away from home. Lots going on up there.
All of those guys were Nutt cases except for this guy.

Just going by the writeup in the Sun today I cannot for the life of me understand how he could be let back on the team. Hope there is something we don't know, if not he should have never been allowed back on the team and I hope you do not see him in the game. Better yet, I hope you don't see him on the bench or our campus.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 07:10 PM by Seminole Indian.)
02-04-2010 07:09 PM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

(02-04-2010 07:09 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  

(02-04-2010 04:56 PM)Scotto Wrote:  stAte players involved in drugs, weapons, and now counterfeit - all in the past couple of years. I can see why Mr. Finn wanted to get away from home. Lots going on up there.
All of those guys were Nutt cases except for this guy.

Just going by the writeup in the Sun today I cannot for the life of me understand how he could be let back on the team. Hope there is something we don't know, if not he should have never been allowed back on the team and I hope you do not see him in the game. Better yet, I hope you don't see him on the bench or our campus.

Man, that is crazy. Kids can do anything without thinking to much, but kid could go away for a while over somthing like that.
02-04-2010 11:01 PM
eh9198 Offline
All American

I Root For: Little Rock
Did you see Rashad in the end zone with a stack of money?
02-04-2010 11:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.