Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The proof is in the pudding
Bookmark and Share
LR Alum Offline
1st String

I Root For: UALR
The proof is in the pudding
Looks like last night game was a full house for UAPB, click on the link for photos taken at the game.

UAPB Photo Gallery
02-02-2010 09:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
RE: The proof is in the pudding
I was watching I think 11 last night and thought it was a terrible crowd, flipped to 7 and if I had just seen them I would have thought it was a near sellout.
02-02-2010 09:19 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
The attendance listed as over 4,000 again. Ole Jim is doing one hellava job on the phones down in Pine Bluff. Chris Peterson needs to hire Jim to work the phones here for our games.
02-02-2010 10:27 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(02-02-2010 10:27 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  The attendance listed as over 4,000 again. Ole Jim is doing one hellava job on the phones down in Pine Bluff. Chris Peterson needs to hire Jim to work the phones here for our games.

I understand Jim has installed several additional phone lines in his home in order to help him make all those calls.04-cheers
02-02-2010 10:38 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-02-2010 10:38 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  
(02-02-2010 10:27 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  The attendance listed as over 4,000 again. Ole Jim is doing one hellava job on the phones down in Pine Bluff. Chris Peterson needs to hire Jim to work the phones here for our games.

I understand Jim has installed several additional phone lines in his home in order to help him make all those calls.04-cheers

He'll need to make a bunch of calls this week. The way we're drawing this year, and the way ASU is playing, there is little doubt that ASU will be a much more enthusiastic crowd than our fans, with the exception of those three woof fans in section 212, that Doc is going to take care of if they get rowdy. It wouldn't surprise me if they have more fans here than we do. Actually we'll have more, but 'ghosts' don't make much noise.
02-02-2010 10:57 AM
Advertisement

Ynocpirt Offline
Special Teams

(02-02-2010 09:19 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  I was watching I think 11 last night and thought it was a terrible crowd, flipped to 7 and if I had just seen them I would have thought it was a near sellout.

I can't fault KATV trying to help UAPB promote. Ch 7 has always been strong in PB. And I don't blame Bob for exaggerating UAPB attendance. It makes for a good comparison with our attendance and supports the fire-Steve agenda. It reminds me of when Newell used to say we had 3000 attending at the Statehouse which held . . . what . . .1200?
02-02-2010 07:06 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-02-2010 07:06 PM)Ynocpirt Wrote:  [quote='arkstfan' pid='5121719' dateline='1265120340']
I was watching I think 11 last night and thought it was a terrible crowd, flipped to 7 and if I had just seen them I would have thought it was a near sellout.

I can't fault KATV trying to help UAPB promote. Ch 7 has always been strong in PB. And I don't blame Bob for exaggerating UAPB attendance. It makes for a good comparison with our attendance and supports the fire-Steve agenda. It reminds me of when Newell used to say we had 3000 attending at the Statehouse which held . . . what . . .1200?

Bob's not exaggerating a damn thing. I just reported the numbers that were in the paper. You're trying to down play the UAPB attendance so the piss poor crowds that we're drawing won't look as bad. Anyone who has two eyes and one of them a glass, knows that we drew more at Barton than we are drawing this season.

I don't know what you're problem was with Newell, or your love affair with Shields is all about, and don't really give a damn, but if you're contending is that the attendance is as good this year as it was under Newell at Barton, then you're not telling the truth. Some of us have been wondering why Newell isn't in the Hall of Fame, well it must be because you're on the selection committee. Must of been tough for you sitting through all those wins when Newll was here.

/quote]
02-02-2010 07:31 PM
Ynocpirt Offline
Special Teams

Bob's not exaggerating a damn thing. I just reported the numbers that were in the paper. You're trying to down play the UAPB attendance so the piss poor crowds that we're drawing won't look as bad. Anyone who has two eyes and one of them a glass, knows that we drew more at Barton than we are drawing this season.

I don't know what you're problem was with Newell, or your love affair with Shields is all about, and don't really give a damn, but if you're contending is that the attendance is as good this year as it was under Newell at Barton, then you're not telling the truth. Some of us have been wondering why Newell isn't in the Hall of Fame, well it must be because you're on the selection committee. Must of been tough for you sitting through all those wins when Newll was here.

/quote]
[/quote]

I was just wondering if the "number reported in the paper" is as accurate as the "number reported in the paper" when Newell was saying we had 3000 in the Statehouse. Downplaying gthe UAPB attendance? The facts are the facts. If they don't draw, they don't draw. Nothing to be ashamed of. Just the facts. I'm not contending that our attendance is as good as SOME years Newell had at Barton. Those grocery give-aways, bringing the program to the edge of oblivion, telethon ticket selling sessions to prevent it, and $75 season tickets were really something to brag about. Come on, Bob. Get real!! Real ll of Fame material, isn't it. And, oh, yes, my love affair with Steve is common knowledge, so stop dissin' my man right in front of me.
02-02-2010 09:09 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-02-2010 09:09 PM)Ynocpirt Wrote:  Bob's not exaggerating a damn thing. I just reported the numbers that were in the paper. You're trying to down play the UAPB attendance so the piss poor crowds that we're drawing won't look as bad. Anyone who has two eyes and one of them a glass, knows that we drew more at Barton than we are drawing this season.

/quote]

I was just wondering if the "number reported in the paper" is as accurate as the "number reported in the paper" when Newell was saying we had 3000 in the Statehouse. Downplaying gthe UAPB attendance? The facts are the facts. If they don't draw, they don't draw. Nothing to be ashamed of. Just the facts. I'm not contending that our attendance is as good as SOME years Newell had at Barton. Those grocery give-aways, bringing the program to the edge of oblivion, telethon ticket selling sessions to prevent it, and $75 season tickets were really something to brag about. Come on, Bob. Get real!! Real ll of Fame material, isn't it. And, oh, yes, my love affair with Steve is common knowledge, so stop dissin' my man right in front of me.
[/quote]

I don't know what that highlighted **** is supposed mean. As far as dissin' you man Steve, I've really never been hostile about him. I've always said he was a very nice man, he's a good defensive coach, good father, and his teams always play hard. As far as I know all I've said that was negative about him is, he can't recruit, he can't get the public interested in his program, and I don't think he knows much about coaching offense. If you discount those things, he's a keeper.
I can't recall anything positive you've ever said about Newell. The guy had a 133-60 record here for a .689 winning percentage. That's not bad in any league. Like I said, it must have been hard on a guy that loves mediocre basketball to sit through all those wins during those six years. You should be in hog heaven this year.
02-02-2010 10:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.