UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

B-Rod, I KNEW it was you!!!
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
B-Rod, I KNEW it was you!!!
I nearly choked driving to work this morning when I heard your call on the Opening Bowel Movement.

Your call was so epic it deserved its own thread!!!

When I heard you talking about listening to the Tulsa station, I thought, "Damn! That's B-Rod!"

When you asked how many times they had mentioned the game on WJOX yesterday, it was a gigantic verbal 03-nutkick . Ignorant silence.

So cheers to you for making them all look like idiots!

:uberbow:
01-27-2010 11:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

USAFBlazerFan Offline
Bleeding Green & Gold since '93

I Root For: UAB BLAZERS!!!
RE: B-Rod, I KNEW it was you!!!
+1. Wish I could've heard it.
01-27-2010 11:47 AM
BandGrad Offline
Heisman

I heard that too. That was EPIC! ! ! And there was nothing that Jay Barker, Tonny Curry, or Al Del Greco could say in defense! Even the idiot from BSC agreed that there should have been more coverage of the game. But I have to say- until we the fans start making them talk basketball, we shouldn't complain. The reason basketball never gets brougt up on that show is because we never calling in to force the issue.
01-27-2010 11:49 AM
GreenGiant67 Offline
never any doubt

I Root For: the UAB Blazers
(01-27-2010 11:49 AM)BandGrad Wrote:  I heard that too. That was EPIC! ! ! And there was nothing that Jay Barker, Tonny Curry, or Al Del Greco could say in defense! Even the idiot from BSC agreed that there should have been more coverage of the game. But I have to say- until we the fans start making them talk basketball, we shouldn't complain. The reason basketball never gets brougt up on that show is because we never calling in to force the issue.

Sorry but I am not going to waste my time talking with a sports radio host with a 3rd grade education.
01-27-2010 11:51 AM
iam4uab Offline
All American

(01-27-2010 11:51 AM)GreenGiant67 Wrote:  
(01-27-2010 11:49 AM)BandGrad Wrote:  I heard that too. That was EPIC! ! ! And there was nothing that Jay Barker, Tonny Curry, or Al Del Greco could say in defense! Even the idiot from BSC agreed that there should have been more coverage of the game. But I have to say- until we the fans start making them talk basketball, we shouldn't complain. The reason basketball never gets brougt up on that show is because we never calling in to force the issue.

Sorry but I am not going to waste my time talking with a sports radio host with a 3rd grade education.

I don't think Rod wasted his time. He gave us all an example of what we should be doing.

Just think how much they would be educated if they had 8 callers lined up all wanting to talk about UAB basketball. Don't we essentially control the subject matter to a degree?
01-27-2010 11:54 AM
GreenGiant67 Offline
never any doubt

I Root For: the UAB Blazers
(01-27-2010 11:54 AM)iam4uab Wrote:  
(01-27-2010 11:51 AM)GreenGiant67 Wrote:  

I don't think Rod wasted his time. He gave us all an example of what we should be doing.

Just think how much they would be educated if they had 8 callers lined up all wanting to talk about UAB basketball. Don't we essentially control the subject matter to a degree?

I understand what your saying. I'm just not going to call. My opinion is that these guys don't want to be educated about UAB basketball. They are looking for a time filler now that UAT football is over. Once spring football practice starts, it will be all UAT, all the time.
01-27-2010 11:59 AM
Advertisement

BlazerRod Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB! UAB! UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Thanks guys. I wanted to stay on point with the call and I thought it was a fair question to ask them.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2010 12:01 PM by BlazerRod.)
01-27-2010 11:59 AM
BandGrad Offline
Heisman

Rod- it was a heck of a question! I'm glad you called in and made everyone one of them look like idiots. Just one request- will you do the same for the Finebaum show this afternoon?
01-27-2010 12:01 PM
BlazerRod Offline
Banned

(01-27-2010 12:01 PM)BandGrad Wrote:  Rod- it was a heck of a question! I'm glad you called in and made everyone one of them look like idiots. Just one request- will you do the same for the Finebaum show this afternoon?

I do have my limitations BandGrad.........lol.
01-27-2010 12:03 PM
BandGrad Offline
Heisman

(01-27-2010 12:03 PM)BlazerRod Wrote:  
(01-27-2010 12:01 PM)BandGrad Wrote:  Rod- it was a heck of a question! I'm glad you called in and made everyone one of them look like idiots. Just one request- will you do the same for the Finebaum show this afternoon?

Slacker! 05-mafia
01-27-2010 12:07 PM
iam4uab Offline
All American

(01-27-2010 12:07 PM)BandGrad Wrote:  
(01-27-2010 12:03 PM)BlazerRod Wrote:  

Slacker! 05-mafia

Are you going to call Finebaum, BandGrad? 05-stirthepot
01-27-2010 12:09 PM
Advertisement

BandGrad Offline
Heisman

I might just do it today. The problem for me is drving from Cleveland, AL back home to Fultondale. Cell phone coverage sucks in between and Finebaum keeps his folks on hold for a long time. Plus, it's hard to get in when Charles from Reeltown and the other idiots are calling in too.
01-27-2010 12:11 PM
BlazerRod Offline
Banned

The thing with Finebaum is that calling him to gripe about his coverage of UAB will only entice his fanbase who don't give a rat about nothing but Bama football to rag on UAB. Shows like The OD and the Roundtable are a little more willing to have an open discussion about basketball.
01-27-2010 12:14 PM
krautfed Offline
Water Engineer

The media gives what the public wants. This week UAB has to share the light with Senior Bowl, Pro Bowl, Super Bowl prep, Kentucky losing, etc. They can only do so much in "creating" the buzz around UAB Basketball. It is up to us, the public, to create the majority of the buzz. Water cooler talk, sparking conversation with random strangers you see wearing basketball attire, calling in radio shows, etc.

I think it's important not to shame people for not talking about UAB basketball, but encourage discussion about it. For instance, call in and discuss how UAB needs strong support in the second half or that Millsap's dunk not only turned the game around but possibly turned the season around (from "on the fence" team barely winning, to overcoming adversity and getting it done).
dragonzden Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Blazers

Next time you get silence from them ask who is that whispering? They will be like who is whispering? Then say, I thought I heard Jay Barker say something like stay with me, I don't know where i am right now. I having a hard time remember anything!!!! He said the samething after that huge hit in the XFL. her is the hit........

Here is a video link of what he said......... about 27 seconds in..........

http://www.xflboard.com/video-gallery/xf...moment.htm
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Problem is that most Blazer fans have stopped listening to JOX.
Like I explained to Jacob Allison one time, I asked him if he listened to Tennessee talk radio stations. He said no. Then why would we want to listen to Turd talk? I could write 5 pages of crap they do and don’t do but it is not worth the effort.

It would help those of us that do not listen anymore if someone would go over what was said. Good to see someone call them out. Like I told Allison, I am done with their station. Jacob told me that JOX’s ratings were off the charts and they did not need what few Blazer fans there are and it made no differance in their ratings. I then told him that Sirius may be sending them a thank you letter for all the fans they have run off and to have a nice day.
01-27-2010 01:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UABslant Offline

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(01-27-2010 12:14 PM)BlazerRod Wrote:  The thing with Finebaum is that calling him to gripe about his coverage of UAB will only entice his fanbase who don't give a rat about nothing but Bama football to rag on UAB. Shows like The OD and the Roundtable are a little more willing to have an open discussion about basketball.

Finebaum is no longer a local radio show... he is a regional show that caters to the SEC and people wanting to listen to the opinions of a few uneducated rednecks. There are a lot of good guests he brings to his program, but 90% of his show is a trainwreck.

Point is, Finebaum knows that no one in his listening audience cares much about what UAB is doing sports-wise. They are tuning in for drama, rumor, and scandal. That's the only reason he ever brings up UAB.
01-27-2010 01:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
That was a good job, Rod. I heard it and I knew right off it was you. Even Joe Dean Jr. agreed.

Well done!
01-27-2010 01:49 PM
BlazerCPA1 Offline
Special Teams

(01-27-2010 01:35 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Problem is that most Blazer fans have stopped listening to JOX.
Like I explained to Jacob Allison one time, I asked him if he listened to Tennessee talk radio stations. He said no. Then why would we want to listen to Turd talk? I could write 5 pages of crap they do and don’t do but it is not worth the effort.

It would help those of us that do not listen anymore if someone would go over what was said. Good to see someone call them out. Like I told Allison, I am done with their station. Jacob told me that JOX’s ratings were off the charts and they did not need what few Blazer fans there are and it made no differance in their ratings. I then told him that Sirius may be sending them a thank you letter for all the fans they have run off and to have a nice day.

Jay, Tony and Al had Joe Dean Jr in the studio talking about basketball and the lack of interest and big time recruits going out of state. Rod called and just asked if they had had anyone on to discuss the UAB/Tulsa game. They said no. He said that the Tulsa sports radio had Tulsa's beat writer, head coach, Mike Davis and Brian Mackin all on yesterday. No taunting, no disrespect, just the facts. Jay, Tony and Al sat in silence for a moment. Joe Dean Jr chimed in saying that was exactly the problem, the UAB game was a big game for the conference lead, against a quality opponent and all they talked about yesterday was football.

Al tried to make some comment about if Tulsa had had a really good football season, they wouldn't have been doing all the basketball talk, which was extremely ignorant, since OU and OK St give Tulsa folks plenty of football to discuss, just like UAT and AU do for Bham folks.

Then they talked about how if Mike Davis or Brian Mackin called, they would be happy to have them on. I thought the media was supposed to seek out the story, not wait for it to come to them?
01-27-2010 02:10 PM
stc Offline
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong

I Root For: UAB!!!
I am in total agreement that we need to call in and force the issue. We DO control the subject matter to an extent. I wish I could have heard it this morning. I dont care how high their ratingare they could use 7,000+ more that were sitting in Bartow last night. I want to fight this battle and Im glad that Rob threw the first stone. I know that many of us on this board dont want to try but I say after we win on Saturday we overload the phone lines on Monday with us all calling in. Thats my stance. They would be floored.
01-27-2010 02:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.