01-27-2010 06:26 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
RE: Cuse = #1
Wow, 3 BE teams in the top 5 and 4 in the top 10 of the rpi. That is rediculous. How could that be in a down year in the BE with more than half the season played? 03-cloud9
01-27-2010 08:18 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(01-27-2010 08:18 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  Wow, 3 BE teams in the top 5 and 4 in the top 10 of the rpi. That is rediculous. How could that be in a down year in the BE with more than half the season played? 03-cloud9

The haters are very quiet 03-lmfao
01-27-2010 08:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(01-27-2010 08:18 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  Wow, 3 BE teams in the top 5 and 4 in the top 10 of the rpi. That is rediculous. How could that be in a down year in the BE with more than half the season played? 03-cloud9
That's because this generation of sports reporters really don't know their job. They're lazy cheerleaders, and if the teams that they always cheer for aren't in it, they haven't a clue...
01-27-2010 11:59 AM
Advertisement

MichaelSavage Offline
Banned

I Root For: WVU, Nebraska
Some people love their strawmen. If you go by this board you'd think Big East basketball gets no respect, which is a laughable notion. ESPN routinely lauds Big East hoops.
01-27-2010 12:15 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(01-27-2010 12:15 PM)MichaelSavage Wrote:  Some people love their strawmen. If you go by this board you'd think Big East basketball gets no respect, which is a laughable notion. ESPN routinely lauds Big East hoops.

There are some folks in the media who still try to tell us that the Big 12 is the best conference. And at the beginning of the season, pretty much everyone in the media said that the BE would be down this season which it very well may be, but its still better and deeper than any other conference. Besides, who in this thread said that the BE gets no respect? Noone. The BE gets tons of respect. Do you think that the Big 12 is a better conference than the BE?
01-27-2010 12:38 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(01-27-2010 12:15 PM)MichaelSavage Wrote:  Some people love their strawmen. If you go by this board you'd think Big East basketball gets no respect, which is a laughable notion. ESPN routinely lauds Big East hoops.
ESPN is a notorious bandwagonner, especially if the bandwagon leader is currently announcing for ESPN, like Duke's Dickie V...
01-27-2010 01:17 PM
Advertisement

MichaelSavage Offline
Banned

(01-27-2010 12:38 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

There are some folks in the media who still try to tell us that the Big 12 is the best conference. And at the beginning of the season, pretty much everyone in the media said that the BE would be down this season which it very well may be, but its still better and deeper than any other conference. Besides, who in this thread said that the BE gets no respect? Noone. The BE gets tons of respect. Do you think that the Big 12 is a better conference than the BE?

People on this board trumpet the "no respect" sentiment on a regular basis. It's funny. You see posts griping about not having a BE team number one in the polls, while glossing over that there are 3 Big East teams in the Top 10. Who are these phantom "haters" that TexanMark mentioned? Everyone knows how good Big East basketball is. But for whatever reason there are some who feel the conference is slighted in basketball.
01-27-2010 06:15 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(01-27-2010 06:15 PM)MichaelSavage Wrote:  
(01-27-2010 12:38 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

People on this board trumpet the "no respect" sentiment on a regular basis. It's funny. You see posts griping about not having a BE team number one in the polls, while glossing over that there are 3 Big East teams in the Top 10. Who are these phantom "haters" that TexanMark mentioned? Everyone knows how good Big East basketball is. But for whatever reason there are some who feel the conference is slighted in basketball.

newsflash, we were hammered in the preseason, the espn the magazine preseason mag had 2-3 teams in the mid to lower half of the top 25. that's what i call disrespect, especially considering the year we had last year. i love the fact guys like gottlieb or andy katz are now eating crow. (it only took our number 8 team beating the number one ranked team in the nation to finally do it 01-wingedeagle)

cuse is 5-0 vs the top 11 and have the number one RPI, and they'll be number 2 come monday, if duke, unc, kentucky, kansas had that resume they'd be number 1, that's disrespect.
01-28-2010 03:28 PM
MichaelSavage Offline
Banned

"Hammered in the pre-season"? Link? Most people thought the conference wouldn't do as well as last season but nobody was hammering the Big East. The pre season rankings had 2 teams in the pre season Top 10 and at least 3 other Big East squads in the Top 25.
01-28-2010 03:32 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

(01-28-2010 03:32 PM)MichaelSavage Wrote:  "Hammered in the pre-season"? Link? Most people thought the conference wouldn't do as well as last season but nobody was hammering the Big East. The pre season rankings had 2 teams in the pre season Top 10 and at least 3 other Big East squads in the Top 25.

It goes across the board...football and basketball. Look at the preseason of FB too. Not a single team ranked...and constant bashing.
01-28-2010 04:09 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

We get it from both sides too. The larger conferences look at us as The BEast that wouldn't die after the ACC raid. The wannabees look at us as taking their slice of the pie...
01-28-2010 04:21 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(01-28-2010 03:32 PM)MichaelSavage Wrote:  "Hammered in the pre-season"? Link? Most people thought the conference wouldn't do as well as last season but nobody was hammering the Big East. The pre season rankings had 2 teams in the pre season Top 10 and at least 3 other Big East squads in the Top 25.

can't link the espn the magazine since it's members only, but they were particularly harsh for whatever reason. by big east standards 5 teams in the top 25 with 2 of them barely making it and our number one team ranked 6 is a slight, especially considering how they ranked the big 10, big 12, and acc. heck gottlieb called cuse overrated and their win over cal a fluke.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2010 05:12 PM by USFMike.)
01-28-2010 05:10 PM
Advertisement

MichaelSavage Offline
Banned

(01-28-2010 04:09 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

It goes across the board...football and basketball. Look at the preseason of FB too. Not a single team ranked...and constant bashing.

There is a legitimate gripe about how the media treats Big East football, but there is no comparing that to how the media looks at Big East basketball.
01-28-2010 07:02 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
(01-28-2010 07:02 PM)MichaelSavage Wrote:  
(01-28-2010 04:09 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

There is a legitimate gripe about how the media treats Big East football, but there is no comparing that to how the media looks at Big East basketball.

I have to agree with this.
01-28-2010 07:24 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.