Thoughts about tonight?
01-26-2010 12:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Battle of the Boulevard
David Lipscomb is reeling right now, which may mean they're pissed off and hungry or it may mean that their confidence is broken. I don't know enough about the character of their team to know how they'll respond. I think you have more depth, overall better guards, and most importantly, a superior coach. You're also playing at home, though your student section needs to come to life. I can say that because our student section needs to get off their &#*% too.

From your vantage point, like us, you don't match up well with Hoznic, and Slater is an aggressive guard. We successfully managed Hoznic down low by doubling down, but paid the price (as we often do) from 3-pt land; it took a "horse-like" shot to beat them. DLU is potent offensively; they are weak defensively. To me, Slater is their most important cog. If he's penetrating, scoring, and feeding to Hoznic, this opens up all sort of things for other role players (e.g., Burgason).

If you shoot like you did, and seemingly always do, against us, I think you'll win. Even if you don't shoot that well, and I suspect you won't keep that pace, you still have a solid chance given DLU's porous defense.
01-26-2010 12:24 PM
Northside Bruin Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Belmont
(01-26-2010 12:00 PM)hoosbruin Wrote:  Thoughts about tonight?

I really don't feel good about the game. We are too up and down, and we have been really solid for a couple of games in a row. That being said, we are a better defenisive team than DLU and we have more post depth. I think that if we manage the pace of the game, keep the score down and play nasty defense (we are finally somewhat capable of nasty D...for our program that is), then we have a good shot.

DLU always seems to turn up defense for us, and we've struggled with that lately. I think our improved quickness will alleviate that some, but our inexperience will hurt.

Formula for winning is fewer than 20 turnovers (hopefully fewer than 15), manage and slow the pace, force DLU to shoot from the perimeter, and sell out on the defensive end. Then is is just a matter of whether or not we make shots. I say advantage DLU though.
01-26-2010 12:44 PM
Advertisement

BluBare Offline
2nd String

(01-26-2010 12:44 PM)Northside Bruin Wrote:  [quote='hoosbruin' pid='5095105' dateline='1264525226']
Thoughts about tonight?

"DLU always seems to turn up defense for us, and we've struggled with that lately. I think our improved quickness will alleviate that some, but our inexperience will hurt."

I agree, lip always plays more intense d than against us than most. The bottom line is knock down some shots. We had some open looks last game. If we play and shoot like we have been, double digit win. If we play like we did last lip game, double digit loss.

Mick was more aggressive offensively in the post the last few games. Needs to do that again to put pressure on Hodzic and hopefully draw more fouls on him. Clark has been picking up the tough def assignments lately as well. He'll need to be careful with Slater early so he doesn't go out with early foul trouble.

It was nice to see how good we can be the last couple of games. Clearly no one on this board is a believer yet and rightfully so. Another similar performance tonight would be thoroughly enjoyable.
01-26-2010 01:25 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
I wonder if Lipscomb will play 40 mintues of zone? 03-lol
01-26-2010 01:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

afro4president Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Belmont & Baylo
I'm really hoping for an all around better game than the one at DLU, I don't know if I can sit through another game that bad! For us to pull off a win we are going to need to keep knocking down shots and we must stay out of foul trouble. Having Mick and Scott in foul trouble the entire game at DLU really hurt us on the boards and guarding Hodzic. If we play as good as we have the last 2 games I think we win this one at home.
01-26-2010 04:32 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Youth lost this game
01-26-2010 09:04 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

afro4president Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Belmont & Baylo
Free throws are a killer... we go 2-6 and they go 26-28 from the charity stripe
01-26-2010 10:26 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
(01-26-2010 10:26 PM)afro4president Wrote:  Free throws are a killer... we go 2-6 and they go 26-28 from the charity stripe

Holy smokes! They went to the stripe 28 times and you went 6? That's quite a disparity.
01-26-2010 10:28 PM
Advertisement

hoosbruin Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-26-2010 09:04 PM)Goldfinger Wrote:  Youth lost this game

Youth did lose this game, we were up against an experienced Lipscomb team. We will be scary in two years, especially with JJ Mann coming. Oh I think its time that Ian Clark start getting nods for A-Sun Freshman of the Year.
01-26-2010 10:49 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
With Byrd at the helm...I think you'll be a contender next year
01-26-2010 10:52 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.