Bookmark and Share
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators
Mercer 69, Stetson 76 ---FINAL
Some interesting stats for tonight's game:

Stetson's most points scored in a game is 72
Mercer has scored more than 72 in 13 of 17 games, and 6 of 7 ASUN games.

Might see some run & gun offense tonight and just try to max possessions. Stetson can't keep up with even a moderate FG%.

Stetson does, however, have a win @ ETSU... but they only scored about 54 points in that win.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2010 02:13 PM by MercerFan.)
01-22-2010 05:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Mercer @ Stetson -- going for 6 straight
you'll run right through stetson
01-22-2010 05:22 PM
Quote this message in a reply
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
19-8 Stetson early.
01-22-2010 07:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

Donators
Stetson has one thing (IMO) over the other bottom feeders, a great coach who has little to work with (bad arena, tough recruiting dealing with locals (UCF), etc)
01-22-2010 07:49 PM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

Donators
RE: Mercer 69 Stetson 76 ---FINAL
A cold game for the Bears. A tribute to Waugh who is a great coach and has the ability to beat any ASUN team at any moment. Stetson also shot off the charts for a Stetson team -- 51%FG and 43%3PT FG. Compared to Mercer at 39% and 19% -- add the fact that it's a 7 point loss, Stetson needed all of it. Mercer can learn from this one and I'm sure Hoffman has already handled that. 10-4 is still an attainable conference mark at the end of the "easy" ASUN teams. Right now they are 5-3.
01-23-2010 02:06 PM
Advertisement

KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
Did not expect ya'll to lose to Stetson. Looks like we have our work cut out for us on Sunday. Was hoping the Stetson would be terrible this year to guarantee us a spot in the tournament :) We are going to have to earn a spot as the league seems to be competitive all around.
01-23-2010 02:28 PM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

Donators
KB, it's true. Down the stretch the dangerous teams are gonna be the 2 or 3 fighting for #1, and the 2 fighting for #8! I think it's already beginning judging from KSU and Stetson's last games.
01-23-2010 02:53 PM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

Donators
Also, I noticed that there were Hatters fans in the front row directly behind the Mercer bench. I thought this was against the NCAA rules?
01-23-2010 04:46 PM
KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
We haven't played well all year, but with 6 losses we need every win we can get. If we can inch back to .500 I will feel a lot better. Our problem is that we end the year in Nashville...not exactly a cake walk. In fact we play 4 of our last 6 on the road against Campbell, ETSU, Lipscomb, and Belmont....ouch.
01-23-2010 07:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.