Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
The best cornerback in the NFL right now played at USF...
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
The best cornerback in the NFL right now played at USF...
...second year Dallas CB, and former number one draft choice Mike Jenkins (#21) is representing the conference very well. In fact, the BigEast has a good number of corners playing well in the League.

Former UCONN CB Darius Butler had a pick 6 for New England and Revis Island is a heck of a player.

Overall lots of top flight NFL talent being produced by the BigEast and based on all the young stars that emerged this year its only going to get better.
01-03-2010 07:36 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
RE: The best cornerback in the NFL right now played at USF...
(01-03-2010 07:36 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  ...second year Dallas CB, and former number one draft choice Mike Jenkins (#21) is representing the conference very well. In fact, the BigEast has a good number of corners playing well in the League.

Former UCONN CB Darius Butler had a pick 6 for New England and Revis Island is a heck of a player.

Overall lots of top flight NFL talent being produced by the BigEast and based on all the young stars that emerged this year its only going to get better.

And as you know the likely NFL Defensive POY is also a former BIG EAST Player in NFL Sack Leader Elvis Dumervil from as Tom Jackson would say on ESPN NFL Gameday LOUISVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2010 08:01 PM by Maize.)
01-03-2010 08:00 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
add those names to the list of players like kenny britt, ray rice, steve slaton, jeff otah, okoye, michael bush, donald brown, etc and you got some nice young talent in nfl. not bad for an 8 team conference and after last year's draft that number will only increase. it's also nice to see brohm get another shot up in buffalo.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2010 08:22 PM by USFMike.)
01-03-2010 08:20 PM
BullsBEAST Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF Bulls
i wouldnt say jenkins is the best cb yet, hes on his way though, he had a terrific season...

dont forget revis and fitzgerald... probably the 2 best at their positions played at pitt, niether guy is that old
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2010 09:25 PM by BullsBEAST.)
01-03-2010 09:23 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010010305...#tab:watch

Darius Butler's 91 yard INT TD return at 2:00 mark of Pats/Texans game. He looked really freaking fast. Wait, he didn't play in the SEC so how did he get that speed? Lee Corso and ESPN must be spinning their heads right now cause that can't be right LOL.
01-03-2010 09:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: R! U! RAH! RAH!
Actually the best corner back in the NFL played at Pitt.
01-03-2010 10:16 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
Darrelle Revis from Pitt is probably the top CB in the NFL right now. Tyvon Branch from UCONN playing CB for Raiders led all NFL CBs in tackles this year. Tyvon is only in his 2nd year playing in the NFL. He was snubbed for the pro bowl.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2010 10:22 PM by SF Husky.)
01-03-2010 10:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
(01-04-2010 02:09 AM)KnightChris Wrote:  
(01-03-2010 10:16 PM)UltimateCFBfan Wrote:  Actually the best corner back in the NFL played at Pitt.

+1. Darrelle Revis might be the best defensive player period in the NFL, let alone the best cornerback. I'm not even sure I'd put Mike Jenkins in the top 10 CBs in the NFL. In fact, I wouldn't. At times his inexperience has shown pretty evidently. Unfortunately, he plays for Dallas, so his growing pains have been on display on TV for us 8-9 times a years (regardless of where we live). Playing under that microscope can't help, but ultimately he'll be a better player for it. Right now, though, he's not even the best CB from a Florida school. UCF's Asante Samuel is still significantly better (probably one of the best CBs in the last two decades)... and from Georgia, the legendary Champ Bailey of UGA is still ahead of him. Nnamdi Asomugha is also a lot better. I honestly hope no one here is dumb enough to measure CB skill by INT stats. That's an awful way to measure performance at the pro level for a variety of reasons. When this current crop of great CBs either retires or begins to decline (and Revis would suddenly have to decide to give up football in his 20's), MAYBE, but until then, Mike Jenkins isn't even close to being in the discussion. Jenkins has the raw skill to compete with any one of them, but his football IQ is still lagging behind, and he plays at the one position (next to QB) where that is the most significant liability.

'Best' is a relative term and depends so much on what scheme you play, but as you I have watched many a Cowboys game this year and the reviews have been very positive if not glowing about how the kid has really emerged this year and had a ProBowl caliber season. In terms of football IQ, inexperience in a new system doesn't mean he is 'football dumb' as you seem to suggest. Instead he has seems to have quickly figured it out and had it translate on the field.

BTW...Revis is a fabulous football player as well.
01-04-2010 06:33 PM
tj_2009 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse
(01-03-2010 07:36 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  ...second year Dallas CB, and former number one draft choice Mike Jenkins (#21) is representing the conference very well. In fact, the BigEast has a good number of corners playing well in the League.

I don't know about that. I would put Darrelle Revis (Jets) - Pittsburgh alum and Charles Woodson (GB) - Michigan alum ahead of him. Both had terrific seasons and Woodson might get defensive MVP.
01-05-2010 12:19 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.