Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Texas Tech and the Leach firing
Bookmark and Share
tigertommy Offline
Uber Butthead!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Texas Tech and the Leach firing
Is it just me or does anyone else think something else was going on here? Fired for putting a kid in a closet? After some of the things high school coaches get away with this doesn't seem much worse. Is it because the kid was the son of Craig James? Had Leach pissed off some big boosters? Was he screwing someone? Weird.
01-02-2010 11:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

callemasIsee-em Offline
Banned

I Root For: the Tigers!
RE: Texas Tech and the Leach firing
(01-02-2010 11:31 PM)tigertommy Wrote:  Is it just me or does anyone else think something else was going on here? Fired for putting a kid in a closet? After some of the things high school coaches get away with this doesn't seem much worse. Is it because the kid was the son of Craig James? Had Leach pissed off some big boosters? Was he screwing someone? Weird.

read this

money for one- they have never gotten along the last contract negotiations were supposedly a biatch
01-03-2010 12:11 AM
bigbluedrew Offline
All American

I Root For: Coach Norvell
It has everything to do with the contract. The administration was still upset with the way the negotiations had gone. I think they made a mistake.
01-03-2010 12:49 AM
Chi-Town Offline
Perpetually Optimistic

(01-02-2010 11:31 PM)tigertommy Wrote:  Is it just me or does anyone else think something else was going on here? Fired for putting a kid in a closet? After some of the things high school coaches get away with this doesn't seem much worse. Is it because the kid was the son of Craig James? Had Leach pissed off some big boosters? Was he screwing someone? Weird.

The wussification of American youth continues. Mangino "emotionally abused" some players. Leach put a kid in a "closet". Wonder what Bear Bryant did back in the day? What about Cal? Knight? Huggins? UT coaches have never done much of anything....especially with the kids packin'.

These "young men" need to grow a pair.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2010 12:09 PM by Chi-Town.)
01-03-2010 12:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Strat57 Offline
Rock & Roll Shaman

I Root For: Memphis

CrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
While concussions are not to be played with, healthwise, much of this is based on James being a nosy parent and the brass at TTU being miffed over the contract. They can all say different but it is clear that this is the driving force. I find it amazingly hypocritical of James to use the entire ESPN workforce to try to influence opinion when he was the one who most notably hated the media when they outed his "lucrative deal" at SMU when playing there, lol. Times have changed, have they not?
01-03-2010 12:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

Miami needs to fire shannon and hire leach. He is the bad boy coach of college football, and they are the bad boy team of college football. Think about what leach could do on offense with that speed and calibur of players. A guy like that could probably keep the canes in control too.
01-03-2010 12:32 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

TTU has shot themselves in the foot on this one. No way they could do an investigation as quickly as they claimed. They were looking for a way to get rid of him and when he filed for injunction they reacted. He has a strong case that they fired him because he filed for injunction and wanting to get out from under the big payments they owe him. He should end up with a much larger payout in the end.
01-03-2010 07:44 PM
Advertisement

EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
Texas Tech screwed the pooch on this one.
His lawyer took a news crew through the small rooms in question...

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/...-on-t.html
01-03-2010 08:16 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
We attended a neighborhood TCU game watch last night, about 30 people. I have a neighbor who used to be an AD for a high school in Dallas, now retired and working as an AD for a small division church school. His son is an offensive coach for Air Force, and he was still in town from the Ft Worth bowl and was in attendance last night. His take was that Texas Tech was going down the wrong path on the Leach deal. Taking one player's word over the entire coaching staff is dangerous.

Others, TCU fans or not, all sided with Leach. He seems to be a favorite outlaw in these parts.

Thanks for the video link to the terrible shed and electrical room. Horrors!

This just cries of "they won't let me play Daddy".

If any of you want to see the interview Leach did with Reece Davis a few days ago, I can post a link to it, I think it runs about 20 minutes, but I just can't help side with Leach on this.
01-05-2010 02:09 PM
homefry20 Offline
Pay Me at This Window

I Root For: Rationality
Cuba Gooding Jr = Mike Leach

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2010 02:13 PM by homefry20.)
01-05-2010 02:12 PM
Advertisement

homefry20 Offline
Pay Me at This Window

I Root For: Rationality
Also, the affiliation of Chris James to ESPN has to be something the TTU staff must have kept in mind. If James could have colluded the TV effort for TTU then the school could have lost money on failure to televise games nationally.
01-05-2010 02:14 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

01-05-2010 03:21 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

emails obtained and released by the Dallas Morning News, showing boosters and school administrators crying over Leach's contract extension LAST year and mention of firing him. So this is how the big boys play?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/...wleach.pdf
01-05-2010 05:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.