Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Great Season Cincy
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Great Season Cincy
You guys fought hard. I think losing Brian Kelly is what did you guys in. Brian Kelly would've made some adjustments during the game. It happens. Oklahoma got destroyed in a few BCS games throughout the years. It is what it is. You still had an undefeated regular season, which is something to be proud of. Throughout the game I was just wondering how good even Pitt is ya know. No Big East fan can b1tch and moan about this. The Gators was just bigger, stronger, and faster and playing with a chip on their shoulder, with Meyer stepping down. I don't thing any team in the nation could've came within 28 of Florida yesterday.
01-02-2010 01:51 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
RE: Great Season Cincy
Thanks Animus. Spot on. BK or not, though, the game would have been a bloodbath.
01-02-2010 02:03 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
Congrats Cincy. It was a great season. The end sucked but Cincy had a great season.
01-02-2010 02:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
CD11 Offline
I won.

I Root For: Myself
Thanks guys. Congrats on your seasons too - SF, you and I don't agree on much but we do agree that your Huskies were a heck of a lot better than their record, and I think next year could be your year, I really do. And animus, your Panthers made the conference proud in Charlotte, and congrats on your hoop team's seemingly imminent victory in a few minutes here at Syracuse.

Next year's going to be a banner year for the conference.
01-02-2010 02:07 PM
UCbball21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
(01-02-2010 02:07 PM)CD11 Wrote:  Next year's going to be a banner year for the conference.

Agreed...WVU, UConn, Pitt, Rutgers, USF, and Cincinnati should all be improved, at least on paper. Who knows, maybe Charlie Strong will make some noise at Louisville as well. Cuse, well I'm not sure but I'm really excited for BE football next season...but now it's basketball time which is still the leagues claim to fame.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2010 02:15 PM by UCbball21.)
01-02-2010 02:13 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(01-02-2010 02:07 PM)CD11 Wrote:  Next year's going to be a banner year for the conference.
I agree. Syracuse and Louisville should be much improved over last season, and the rest of the conference doesn't lose much. It looks like next year's race for the BCS bid is going to be a crap shoot. Although I'd give WVU and Pitt the early nod as favorites. Both bring back most of the team intact...
01-02-2010 02:16 PM
Advertisement

Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
Great year Cinci!. Even though it ended on a sour note, 12-1 and a top 10 finish is a great season.
01-02-2010 02:17 PM
Stookey57 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UConn, BC
good solid year cats..............
01-02-2010 03:30 PM
Blitz0921 Offline
Bench Warmer

I was going to say the same thing. Cincy returns basically their whole offense and Collaros. Defense returns more starters so hopefully we can shut someone down.

Pitt has Dion Lewis so they will be just as powerful. Louisville has a new coach with great recruits coming in, so they should at least be bowl eligible next year. Syracuse is headed in the right direction with Marrone. West Virgina always reloads quickly so they should. I am looking forward to 2010!
01-02-2010 04:32 PM
Orange Eagles Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Syracuse
Good season, though that blowout loss really made the conference look bad. Unfortunately the critics will use this as prime ammunition.
01-02-2010 07:31 PM
UofL07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
(01-02-2010 02:13 PM)UCbball21 Wrote:  Agreed...WVU, UConn, Pitt, Rutgers, USF, and Cincinnati should all be improved, at least on paper. Who knows, maybe Charlie Strong will make some noise at Louisville as well. Cuse, well I'm not sure but I'm really excited for BE football next season...but now it's basketball time which is still the leagues claim to fame.

I'm not sure it is wise to say UC should be improved since they will have a new coach next year. I could very easily see the Bearcats taking a step back next season without Kelly at the helm.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2010 07:39 PM by UofL07.)
01-02-2010 07:36 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Screw the critics. We'll prove 'em wrong again, like we always do...
01-02-2010 07:37 PM
MichaelSavage Offline
Banned

I Root For: WVU, Nebraska
UC improving on 12-0? LOL okay.
01-02-2010 11:13 PM
MichaelSavage Offline
Banned

I Root For: WVU, Nebraska
(01-02-2010 07:37 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Screw the critics. We'll prove 'em wrong again, like we always do...

Not yesterday.
01-02-2010 11:13 PM
TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT
Sugar bowl got a huge tv rating number. Sorry it all didn't end better.
01-02-2010 11:28 PM
UCbball21 Offline
All American

(01-02-2010 07:36 PM)UofL07 Wrote:  
(01-02-2010 02:13 PM)UCbball21 Wrote:  Agreed...WVU, UConn, Pitt, Rutgers, USF, and Cincinnati should all be improved, at least on paper. Who knows, maybe Charlie Strong will make some noise at Louisville as well. Cuse, well I'm not sure but I'm really excited for BE football next season...but now it's basketball time which is still the leagues claim to fame.

I'm not sure it is wise to say UC should be improved since they will have a new coach next year. I could very easily see the Bearcats taking a step back next season without Kelly at the helm.

They return most of their starters on offense and replace it's two best players (Pike and Gilyard) with Collaros and Vidal Hazelton (USC transfer, former 5 star). The line loses Linkenbach and Jurek, both very good players but they have a ton of talent ready to replace them. The defense should also be improved after having to replace 10 starters this past season and getting rid of Diaco/moving back to the 4-3 will be a blessing. I don't expect them to get to 12 wins in a much tougher BE but it cetainly is in the realm of possibility. All I know is the Bearcats will firmly be in the hunt for the BE Championship and maybe even a National Championship once again. Coaching aside, next years team will be better than this years...if Butch Jones can come remotely close to replicating the job BK did next year could be a special year for the Bearcats. Third times the charm 03-wink
01-02-2010 11:32 PM
Advertisement

Bearcat 1984 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati !!!
Jones runs a similar style of offense, so he should be able to adjust rather than revamp.

Clearly defense needs to get revamped. Frankly, I don't think the problem was talent so much as coaching. I could be wrong, but I think Diaco was not employing the 3-4 to its true capabilities.
01-03-2010 12:06 AM
CD11 Offline
I won.

I Root For: Myself
Speaking of Diaco, I read quite a few posts by ND fans today who are rather worried about having that guy as their DC. I don't blame them. After UConn I started to get a little concerned about what he was bringing to the table, and while our new Co-DC's have quite a bit to prove, they can't be any worse than Diaco.

I'm not going to expect us to win the conference again because I don't think its ever fair to actually expect a team to do that more than once at a time, but I'll put us in the top 3 for next year without much hesitation. It's amazing how easily some people can be manipulated into forgetting an entire season of positives and focusing on a bad spot, and people underestimated the hell out of us last year after the Orange Bowl loss and I expect them to do the same in the wake of the Sugar Bowl debacle during the upcoming offseason.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2010 01:07 AM by CD11.)
01-03-2010 01:06 AM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(01-02-2010 01:51 PM)animus Wrote:  You guys fought hard. I think losing Brian Kelly is what did you guys in. Brian Kelly would've made some adjustments during the game. It happens. Oklahoma got destroyed in a few BCS games throughout the years. It is what it is. You still had an undefeated regular season, which is something to be proud of. Throughout the game I was just wondering how good even Pitt is ya know. No Big East fan can b1tch and moan about this. The Gators was just bigger, stronger, and faster and playing with a chip on their shoulder, with Meyer stepping down. I don't thing any team in the nation could've came within 28 of Florida yesterday.

(01-03-2010 01:06 AM)CD11 Wrote:  Speaking of Diaco, I read quite a few posts by ND fans today who are rather worried about having that guy as their DC. I don't blame them. After UConn I started to get a little concerned about what he was bringing to the table, and while our new Co-DC's have quite a bit to prove, they can't be any worse than Diaco.

I'm not going to expect us to win the conference again because I don't think its ever fair to actually expect a team to do that more than once at a time, but I'll put us in the top 3 for next year without much hesitation. It's amazing how easily some people can be manipulated into forgetting an entire season of positives and focusing on a bad spot, and people underestimated the hell out of us last year after the Orange Bowl loss and I expect them to do the same in the wake of the Sugar Bowl debacle during the upcoming offseason.

I won't miss either Diaco or Quinn. I thought Quinn did a very, very poor job of play calling. But it's his first game as a head coach so that's one explanation. The game should have been closer. Oh well.

On a positive note, we traveled a ton of folks to the Sugar Bowl. We took over New Orleans for a few days.
01-03-2010 01:30 AM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
Quote:On a positive note, we traveled a ton of folks to the Sugar Bowl. We took over New Orleans for a few days.

^^ this is the most encouraging thing about UCs move into the BE...great job by Bearcat fans, which of course made the Sugar Bowl happy which makes the BE and the rest of us look good.

Jackson
01-03-2010 07:06 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.