Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

We could beat Monroe tomorrow, but I think
Bookmark and Share
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
We could beat Monroe tomorrow, but I think
the kids are so far down, I'm not certain we can pull it off. You can see it in their demeanor. They're playing hard, but when you keep losing games, each one compounds the last ones and it becomes more difficult to pull out of that tailspin. If it's discouraging to us fans, think of how the kids feel. They're playing their hearts out, but keep winding up on the short end of the score. The clock is obviously ticking! Something positive better happen very soon.03-hissyfit
01-01-2010 11:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Online
Hall of Famer

RE: We could beat Monroe tomorrow, but I think
(01-01-2010 11:11 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  the kids are so far down, I'm not certain we can pull it off. You can see it in their demeanor. They're playing hard, but when you keep losing games, each one compounds the last ones and it becomes more difficult to pull out of that tailspin. If it's discouraging to us fans, think of how the kids feel. They're playing their hearts out, but keep winding up on the short end of the score. The clock is obviously ticking! Something positive better happen very soon.03-hissyfit

The kids will be fine. It's only coaches and maybe a few old farts like us who lose sleep over losses. I have no doubt they'll be ready to play hard again Saturday. Whether that translates into a win is another story. I would guess our talent is not much different than ULM's, although I would think they have more size. They're home, but it will be closer to a neutral site game on Jan. 2. The line will likely be one point or so. Probably will come down to the last minute like all 3 of our conference games thus far.
01-01-2010 12:54 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(01-01-2010 12:54 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(01-01-2010 11:11 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  the kids are so far down, I'm not certain we can pull it off. You can see it in their demeanor. They're playing hard, but when you keep losing games, each one compounds the last ones and it becomes more difficult to pull out of that tailspin. If it's discouraging to us fans, think of how the kids feel. They're playing their hearts out, but keep winding up on the short end of the score. The clock is obviously ticking! Something positive better happen very soon.03-hissyfit

The kids will be fine. It's only coaches and maybe a few old farts like us who lose sleep over losses. I have no doubt they'll be ready to play hard again Saturday. Whether that translates into a win is another story. I would guess our talent is not much different than ULM's, although I would think they have more size. They're home, but it will be closer to a neutral site game on Jan. 2. The line will likely be one point or so. Probably will come down to the last minute like all 3 of our conference games thus far.

I believe that if we play like we did last night that we will win at Monroe.
01-01-2010 12:57 PM
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
(01-01-2010 12:57 PM)PTJR Wrote:  I believe that if we play like we did last night that we will win at Monroe.

I figure so. Now, will we play that well?
01-01-2010 02:21 PM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

(01-01-2010 02:21 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  
(01-01-2010 12:57 PM)PTJR Wrote:  I believe that if we play like we did last night that we will win at Monroe.

I figure so. Now, will we play that well?

Sounds reasonable to me. But it appears that ULM played pretty well also in a 1 point loss to Troy that is every bit as good as UNT.
01-01-2010 03:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.