Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Big East Basketball
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Big East Basketball
So as we all start our Big East schedules, this looks like is going to be a brutal BE season with few if any give me games in league schedule. Almost every team in the league looks like they have improved.
So lets look at where they stand today and how many we think will be in NCAA and NIT
NCAA locks
WV 11-0 #6
Cuse 13-0 #5
Nova 11-1 #8
UConn 9-2 #10
Gtown 9-1 #13
NCAA or NIT
ND 11-2
Louisville 9-3
Pitt 11-2
Cincy 8-3
Marquette 9-4
Seton Hall 9-3
St Johns 10-2
USF 10-2
Rutgers 9-3
Providence8-4
no postseason
DePaul 7-6

Only one team can be said has little shot at NCAA or NIT
12-30-2009 10:50 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Big East Basketball
I'd put Providence in there too...they will be eaten alive in conference. Rutgers is a long shot for an NIT but they are improving.
12-30-2009 10:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
From top to bottom the league may be better then last year...probably the best Seton Hall and St Johns teams we have seen in some time

Jackson
12-30-2009 11:03 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
I'm not really surprised. Although the BE lost a ton of good players, it's not like our schools have exactly gone out and recruited crap.
12-30-2009 11:24 AM
ccbfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
The top is weaker, no Uconn/Nova/Pitt/UL/Marq(before the injury) 5 headed OMG WTF is it even legal to have five teams this good in a conference. All five of them lost most major major players to Graduation/NBA.

The bottom and middle though is much better.
12-30-2009 11:29 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
I would move Georgetown and UConn down to probably NCAA. The rest looks pretty solid. I still believe Notre Dame, Pitt, and U of L are NIT bound. This could be the season where the Big East has just as many NIT teams as NCAA teams, something like 6 and 6. Maybe 7 or 8 NCAA or 5 to 6 NIT bids.
12-30-2009 12:26 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(12-30-2009 11:24 AM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  I'm not really surprised. Although the BE lost a ton of good players, it's not like our schools have exactly gone out and recruited crap.
Sometimes you wonder, with all the bonehead plays freshmen make early in the season...
12-30-2009 05:00 PM
Cletus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
So far West Virginia's been the most impressive.

[Image: 3838988441_9c5f980f33_o.jpg]

12-30-2009 05:08 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(12-30-2009 05:08 PM)Cletus Wrote:  So far West Virginia's been the most impressive.
Definitely the most exciting start to finish...
12-30-2009 05:25 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
heck no that would be syracuse, beating florida in convincing fashion and absolutely beating the snot out of carolina and cal, trumps anything wvu or villanova has done. plus they probably have the probable league mvp in wesley johnson. losing that 8 mile reject and paul harris is turning out to be a great thing for the program.

that 5 headed monster we had last year was indeed sickening and something we won't see in college basketball for a long time - we might of had a chance at 4/4 number ones if marquette didn't catch the injury bug.
12-30-2009 05:35 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(12-30-2009 05:35 PM)USFMike Wrote:  heck no that would be syracuse, beating florida in convincing fashion and absolutely beating the snot out of carolina and cal, trumps anything wvu or villanova has done. plus they probably have the probable league mvp in wesley johnson. losing that 8 mile reject and paul harris is turning out to be a great thing for the program.

Good to see that someone has been paying attention to the season. 04-cheers
12-30-2009 05:45 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Syracuse may have a few better wins so far. But their games haven't been as exciting as the Mountaineers last few games. In their last 4 games, WVU has won on 2 last second shots, in overtime, and handled a top 15 team without much fuss. But in 3 of the last 4 games, DaSean Butler has come through in the clutch to save the day for the Mountaineers, and at the last second too. The one fairly easy win we had was against #15 Mississippi, and Butler did very little in that game...

The funny thing is, WVU has played poorly since the 76 Classic over Thanksgiving. They've basically been reduced to an all forward lineup due to injuries to both PGs and the starting SG. But we've managed to come through tight games against good competition. Once all the parts are in place, look out... especially once Kilicli's suspension is over on February 2...
12-30-2009 05:56 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Do they use The Pyramid for anything any more?
12-30-2009 05:59 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(12-30-2009 05:56 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Syracuse may have a few better wins so far. But their games haven't been as exciting as the Mountaineers last few games. In their last 4 games, WVU has won on 2 last second shots, in overtime, and handled a top 15 team without much fuss. But in 3 of the last 4 games, DaSean Butler has come through in the clutch to save the day for the Mountaineers, and at the last second too. The one fairly easy win we had was against #15 Mississippi, and Butler did very little in that game...

The funny thing is, WVU has played poorly since the 76 Classic over Thanksgiving. They've basically been reduced to an all forward lineup due to injuries to both PGs and the starting SG. But we've managed to come through tight games against good competition. Once all the parts are in place, look out... especially once Kilicli's suspension is over on February 2...

it was a fairly easy win because ole miss is nowhere near a top 15 team and the records will reflect that in a month or so (or maybe not considering the state of the sec). imo seton hall is your most impressive win so far, bobby g has got that program going in the right direction and should be a tourney team.
12-30-2009 06:46 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

WVU's most impressive win is the latest one. After another game has been played, it will fade into the background, and the next game will be the most impressive. The fact that our next game is #4 Purdue has nothing what so ever to do with my thinking either...
12-30-2009 07:11 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
There is no clear top team in the BE. It is far from determined at this point. WVU, Cuse, UCONN, Nova will have have its say before it is said and done.
12-30-2009 08:04 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

If you're going to have UConn on the list, you'd better add UC as well. They're giving UConn all they can handle right now, and are currently leading by 8 @Cincinnati...
12-30-2009 08:12 PM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
dont forget Marquette giving your eers a hard time as well! 05-stirthepot
12-30-2009 08:23 PM
BullsBEAST Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF Bulls
(12-30-2009 05:08 PM)Cletus Wrote:  So far West Virginia's been the most impressive.

just thought id let you know that your sig illustrates the ignorance prevalent in the religious community

you have lumped numerous scientific theories under atheism, none of which have anything to do with atheism, which is nothing more than a lack of belief that a wizard created everything (and himself apparently?)

its about as stupid as if i had made one of those for christianity and started talking about reincarnation, traveling to mecca, zues, and a jewish man born to a woman claiming to be a virgin who performed magic tricks
12-30-2009 08:25 PM
Slypenny Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC/UK/FSU/NKU
(12-30-2009 05:25 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
Definitely the most exciting start to finish...

i read a article this past week that Bass Pro shop is leasing the space but won't buy it. Rumors of some other sale and conversion but nothing concrete.
12-30-2009 10:06 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.