That is all.
12-29-2009 11:02 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
RE: ACC, you're embrassing me.
Unfortunately my Wildcats spotted the ACC a win Sunday night after jumping out to an early lead. Of course, the flip side is that West Virginia will likely cream Florida State.
12-29-2009 11:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(12-29-2009 11:07 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  Unfortunately my Wildcats spotted the ACC a win Sunday night after jumping out to an early lead. Of course, the flip side is that West Virginia will likely cream Florida State.

Like Brigham Young did?
12-29-2009 11:09 PM
techfan4 Offline
One of the First

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksCrappies
Honestly, I think the weather played a factor. Miami typically never plays well when it's cold.
12-29-2009 11:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(12-29-2009 11:36 PM)techfan4 Wrote:  Honestly, I think the weather played a factor. Miami typically never plays well when it's cold.

Dude, they played in Orlando, no? Sorry, I heard that excuse from the commentators, and I don't buy it. My philosophy is team, conference, region, so you know who I was pulling for.
12-29-2009 11:42 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
BTW, if you can't play in 40 degree weather, you don't deserve to be ranked 15.
12-29-2009 11:43 PM
Advertisement

techfan4 Offline
One of the First

SkunkworksCrappies
(12-29-2009 11:43 PM)Rebel Wrote:  BTW, if you can't play in 40 degree weather, you don't deserve to be ranked 15.

You forget that Miami is a bunch of thugs who lay down when they don't want to play. That's the Miami team I saw tonight, at least.
12-29-2009 11:47 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(12-29-2009 11:47 PM)techfan4 Wrote:  
(12-29-2009 11:43 PM)Rebel Wrote:  BTW, if you can't play in 40 degree weather, you don't deserve to be ranked 15.

You forget that Miami is a bunch of thugs who lay down when they don't want to play. That's the Miami team I saw tonight, at least.

Well, I'm pulling for every ACC team not playing an SEC team.
12-29-2009 11:49 PM
techfan4 Offline
One of the First

SkunkworksCrappies
(12-29-2009 11:49 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(12-29-2009 11:47 PM)techfan4 Wrote:  

Well, I'm pulling for every ACC team not playing an SEC team.

Well I pull for GT, whoever is playing UGA, whoever is playing Miami, whoever is playing VT, and Clemson.
12-30-2009 12:05 AM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
Miami has been pretty schizo this season. This game was one I had the least confidence in.
12-30-2009 12:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
A chokefest against craptastic Big 10 team. Alllllllright!
12-30-2009 03:37 AM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Yes... and GTS continues to talk up the ACC. I was laughing my ass of that the announcers were saying that Miami couldn't play in 47 degree weather. If those guys have any pro potential then they will be playing in MUCH colder weather. Grow some balls.

I think it just comes down to the ACC being a craptastic conference... a couple good teams at the top, a lot of mediocre to VERY bad teams everywhere else.
12-30-2009 09:08 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(12-29-2009 11:36 PM)techfan4 Wrote:  Honestly, I think the weather played a factor. Miami typically never plays well when it's cold.

Cold? I'd love to see those pansy southern teams visit Madison, AA, BG or DeKalb in Dec.
12-30-2009 09:53 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(12-30-2009 09:53 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  

Cold? I'd love to see those pansy southern teams visit Madison, AA, BG or DeKalb in Dec.

USM's own Favre seemed to workout well at GB. I could go down the list of NFL stars who are from the south, but play in the North. Heinz Ward is another one.
12-30-2009 09:55 AM
DrTorch Offline

(12-30-2009 09:55 AM)Rebel Wrote:  
(12-30-2009 09:53 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  

USM's own Favre seemed to workout well at GB. I could go down the list of NFL stars who are from the south, but play in the North. Heinz Ward is another one.

And I could list a bunch of guys who seemed perpetually hurt once they got to a cold weather NFL team.

Regardless, it's a team sport. Let's see it on the field. If I'm wrong, we'll know soon enough. But I wanna see 'Bama or LSU travel north in Dec. I wanna see FSU or Coral Gables go from palm trees to snow covered pine trees. And yeah, I wanna see them even play MAC teams. C'mon, couldn't be an easier victory 03-wink
12-30-2009 10:05 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Dude, it gets cold in the South. It's 38 and feels like 33 in Augusta right now. It's a "wet cold" so it sucks even more.

Now, let's flip it. Can BG play in 100 degree weather with a heat index of 106? Michigan?
12-30-2009 10:09 AM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline

(12-30-2009 10:09 AM)Rebel Wrote:  Dude, it gets cold in the South. It's 38 and feels like 33 in Augusta right now. It's a "wet cold" so it sucks even more.

Now, let's flip it. Can BG play in 100 degree weather with a heat index of 106? Michigan?

We've seen those southern games. MAC schools have to travel.

But if you think Augusta's wet cold is worse than the wind blowing over BG (or Dekalb) when it's 15 or 20 degrees...then come visit. Come up for the Motor City Bowl one year and we'll take a drive down.
12-30-2009 10:30 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(12-30-2009 10:30 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(12-30-2009 10:09 AM)Rebel Wrote:  Dude, it gets cold in the South. It's 38 and feels like 33 in Augusta right now. It's a "wet cold" so it sucks even more.

We've seen those southern games. MAC schools have to travel.

But if you think Augusta's wet cold is worse than the wind blowing over BG (or Dekalb) when it's 15 or 20 degrees...then come visit. Come up for the Motor City Bowl one year and we'll take a drive down.

Not saying their cold weather is anything comparable, but where do you think the northern teams would rather play their bowl games, in Tampa, Miami, Orlando, etc.? Or Michigan and Ohio? Northerners get cold as much as southerner get hot.
12-30-2009 10:31 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(12-30-2009 09:08 AM)mlb Wrote:  Yes... and GTS continues to talk up the ACC. I was laughing my ass of that the announcers were saying that Miami couldn't play in 47 degree weather. If those guys have any pro potential then they will be playing in MUCH colder weather. Grow some balls.

I think it just comes down to the ACC being a craptastic conference... a couple good teams at the top, a lot of mediocre to VERY bad teams everywhere else.

Lots of mediocre yes. Lots of very bad? Meh... Virginia and Maryland. UVA's already canned their coach ... and it would seem Fridge has only one year left at UMD.
12-30-2009 03:00 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
Hey at least you didn't have a team to lose to someone from the Sun Belt!

Looks at you Southern Miss.
12-30-2009 04:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.