Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big 16
Bookmark and Share
West Is the Best Offline
All American

I Root For: C-USA
Big 16
The last 3 ADs at UH mentioned that at some point you would see a major shift in the major conferences. It may have already started with the recent expansion comments from the PAC10 and Big 10.

Rumor has it one of the networks has floated a significant amount of money for the Big 10 to expand with Mizzou, BC, UConn, Syracuse and Rutgers. This would capture a significant number of TV markets. Division setup and scheduling have been discussed. Some schools have been open to the idea of these 16 teams. .

Assuming Pac 10 invites Utah and Colorado and Arkansas joins the big 12, then we could see quite a few dominoes fall. Don't forget Arkansas AD Broyles told UH AD Maggard that Arkansas wants back with the Texas school and would assist UH in joing them in the Big 12. That Arkansas and UH need to be in the same conference.

This round of realingment will get very interesting.
12-23-2009 12:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
RE: Big 16
(12-23-2009 12:56 AM)West Is the Best Wrote:  The last 3 ADs at UH mentioned that at some point you would see a major shift in the major conferences. It may have already started with the recent expansion comments from the PAC10 and Big 10.

Rumor has it one of the networks has floated a significant amount of money for the Big 10 to expand with Mizzou, BC, UConn, Syracuse and Rutgers. This would capture a significant number of TV markets. Division setup and scheduling have been discussed. Some schools have been open to the idea of these 16 teams. .

Assuming Pac 10 invites Utah and Colorado and Arkansas joins the big 12, then we could see quite a few dominoes fall. Don't forget Arkansas AD Broyles told UH AD Maggard that Arkansas wants back with the Texas school and would assist UH in joing them in the Big 12. That Arkansas and UH need to be in the same conference.

I don't see how Arkansas would consider changing to the Big XII. Have you seen the money the SEC earns? It is about $205 Million a year. The Big XII is about $78 Million.
12-23-2009 01:17 AM
West Is the Best Offline
All American

(12-23-2009 01:17 AM)chess Wrote:  
(12-23-2009 12:56 AM)West Is the Best Wrote:  The last 3 ADs at UH mentioned that at some point you would see a major shift in the major conferences. It may have already started with the recent expansion comments from the PAC10 and Big 10.

I don't see how Arkansas would consider changing to the Big XII. Have you seen the money the SEC earns? It is about $205 Million a year. The Big XII is about $78 Million.

Broyles is in a better poistion than you or I to judge this move. Some of the issues he addresssed concerned the majority of their alumns in Texas (Metroplex in part.), extensive recruiting in Texas and that alumns still miss the old rivals in FB (UT,A&M and UH) and BB (UH). Said culturally they are a better fit in Big 12 than SEC.
12-23-2009 01:24 AM
Advertisement

HellBlazer Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB!
we will see alot of dominos could fall...........UAB to the ACC.
12-23-2009 01:28 AM
GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
Quote:Rumor has it one of the networks has floated a significant amount of money for the Big 10 to expand with Mizzou, BC, UConn, Syracuse and Rutgers. This would capture a significant number of TV markets. Division setup and scheduling have been discussed.
UConn? I don't believe it. Pitt perhaps. Nebraska certainly. Not UConn. I don't think ESPN being in Connecticut matters either. As much as I would probably enjoy watching the collapse of the Big East this is not how it happens.

Quote:Broyles is in a better poistion than you or I to judge this move. Some of the issues he addresssed concerned the majority of their alumns in Texas (Metroplex in part.), extensive recruiting in Texas and that alumns still miss the old rivals in FB (UT,A&M and UH) and BB (UH). Said culturally they are a better fit in Big 12 than SEC.
Southern Super-Conference (a subsidiary of CBS Sports)
Southwestern Conference (SWC)
Texas - Texas A&M - Oklahoma - Oklahoma St. - Arkansas - LSU - Ole Miss - MSU
Southeastern Conference (SEC)
Alabama-Tuscaloosa - Auburn - Tennessee - Vanderbilt - Kentucky - Georgia - Florida - South Carolina

BCS re-writes rules that conferences with 16 schools (and meet other requirements) get two auto-bids and upped limit to 3 schools. With the Big East gone and the the "Big 12" remnant merged with the MWC the power conferences control the BCS even more.
12-23-2009 02:25 AM
Advertisement

West Is the Best Offline
All American

Why was this thread moved?

Posters can start a post about movies, kids video games or professional soccer and they stay on the board, but a sports post that relates to CUSA gets moved?!?!?
12-23-2009 08:54 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
And if it had to be moved, why was it moved to the ECU board?
12-23-2009 09:25 AM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
???????
12-23-2009 11:02 AM
HellBlazer Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB!
(12-23-2009 02:25 AM)GreenMississippi Wrote:  
Quote:Rumor has it one of the networks has floated a significant amount of money for the Big 10 to expand with Mizzou, BC, UConn, Syracuse and Rutgers. This would capture a significant number of TV markets. Division setup and scheduling have been discussed.
UConn? I don't believe it. Pitt perhaps. Nebraska certainly. Not UConn. I don't think ESPN being in Connecticut matters either. As much as I would probably enjoy watching the collapse of the Big East this is not how it happens.

Quote:Broyles is in a better poistion than you or I to judge this move. Some of the issues he addresssed concerned the majority of their alumns in Texas (Metroplex in part.), extensive recruiting in Texas and that alumns still miss the old rivals in FB (UT,A&M and UH) and BB (UH). Said culturally they are a better fit in Big 12 than SEC.
UAT - Auburn - Tennessee - Vanderbilt - Kentucky - Georgia - Florida - South Carolina

BCS re-writes rules that conferences with 16 schools (and meet other requirements) get two auto-bids and upped limit to 3 schools. With the Big East gone and the the "Big 12" remnant merged with the MWC the power conferences control the BCS even more.
Alabama-Tuscaloosa - Auburn - Tennessee - Vanderbilt - Kentucky - Georgia - Florida - Florida State -South Carolina

Can't have uneven conferences
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2009 03:18 PM by HellBlazer.)
12-23-2009 03:16 PM
Advertisement

Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs
(12-23-2009 09:25 AM)Chappy Wrote:  And if it had to be moved, why was it moved to the ECU board?

My mouse is a pothead.
12-23-2009 06:37 PM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs
(12-23-2009 08:54 AM)West Is the Best Wrote:  Why was this thread moved?

Posters can start a post about movies, kids video games or professional soccer and they stay on the board, but a sports post that relates to CUSA gets moved?!?!?

I don't know how many times I have to post this...

ALL expansion threads that do not contain FACTUAL information are moved to the Smack Board. Been that way for years. We do that because odds are it will turn into a willy measuring contest and get moved anyway.
12-23-2009 06:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.