Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

When I saw our schedule I posted that maybe
Bookmark and Share
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
When I saw our schedule I posted that maybe
Steve was a lot more optimistic about the talent on this team than I was. Why else would he have put together a schedule like this? I don't have an answer for that question at this point.
12-22-2009 10:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
RE: When I saw our schedule I posted that maybe
(12-22-2009 10:40 PM)mjs Wrote:  Steve was a lot more optimistic about the talent on this team than I was. Why else would he have put together a schedule like this? I don't have an answer for that question at this point.

My guess is that he's wondering the same thing right about now. I really like the quality of the schedule, and am not really concerned about our win loss record too much at this point as it is so tough. What does concern me is that I don't know that our prospects of getting many wins in the conference are that good. But who knows, once we adjust to life without Mike, things may go better.
12-23-2009 01:44 AM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
I think I know why. I don't think he had any choice.
12-23-2009 08:15 AM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

(12-23-2009 01:44 AM)PTJR Wrote:  I really like the quality of the schedule, and am not really concerned about our win loss record too much at this point as it is so tough.

We are almost exactly where I expected us to be, so no, that does not surprise me. What concerns me is that we are playing so poorly. Maybe some of that is because we leaned so heavily on Mike in more ways than we realized. I don't know. In any case, we had better find the key. Alex and Courtney certainly are stepping up. That is a start.
12-23-2009 08:17 AM
Scotto Offline

I Root For: Longshot to Win
Those are some low expectations. 2-DI wins after 11 games and 0-2 in conference play.
12-23-2009 08:22 AM
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

Expectations, not wishes.
12-23-2009 08:24 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-23-2009 08:15 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  I think I know why. I don't think he had any choice.

+1.
12-23-2009 09:17 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-23-2009 08:15 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  I think I know why. I don't think he had any choice.

No choice? I'm not sure what you mean.
12-23-2009 09:49 AM
Scotto Offline

Coach Peterson has stated that he wants us in post-season play. Well, we won 23 with a 217 SOS. That didn't work.

I suspect the upgraded schedule was mandated, and IMHO it is just right. We just need to win a few of them. It should also help get the team ready for conference play.

So far, not so much.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2009 09:55 AM by Scotto.)
12-23-2009 09:53 AM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-23-2009 09:53 AM)Scotto Wrote:  Coach Peterson has stated that he wants us in post-season play. Well, we won 23 with a 217 SOS. That didn't work.

I suspect the upgraded schedule was mandated, and IMHO it is just right. We just need to win a few of them. It should also help get the team ready for conference play.

So far, not so much.

It's worked wonders so far. Has our fans more down on the program since I can remember. 0-2 in the conference. We'll be lucky to have 1000 people in the stands for UNT. Personally, I still like the schedule, but I knew we'd take our lumps early so I'm certainly not surprised at our record. Now, whether losing makes you better come late February or March- I'm not convinced of that. I guess we'll see. I am looking for to see Ole Miss, Tulsa, and LaTech at Stephens next year.
12-23-2009 10:01 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(12-23-2009 09:49 AM)mjs Wrote:  

My guess is the upgrading of the schedule was Chris Peterson's idea. If Steve is feeling the heat, and he should be, I wouldn't think he'd create a schedule quite as tough as he has. As usual, I think he thought he was bringing in better players than he has. And losing Mike Smith hasn't helped things either.

We were led to believe(and it wasn't by the coaches)that one of the newcomers was the answer to all our problems. He is a pretty good Sun Belt player, and but I believe we've had a bunch of players over the years as good or better than he is.
12-23-2009 10:03 AM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

IF Mike were still available, and IF Courtney continues like he has, and IF Alex continues like he has, and IF we can piece together the 5 spot among the candidates. A lot of ifs, but this could have been a decent year.
12-23-2009 10:09 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-23-2009 10:03 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  

My guess is the upgrading of the schedule was Chris Peterson's idea. If Steve is feeling the heat, and he should be, I wouldn't think he'd create a schedule quite as tough as he has. As usual, I think he thought he was bringing in better players than he has. And losing Mike Smith hasn't helped things either.

We were led to believe(and it wasn't by the coaches)that one of the newcomers was the answer to all our problems. He is a pretty good Sun Belt player, and but I believe we've had a bunch of players over the years as good or better than he is.

Makes sense, but it seems like Chris was the one to remove money games from the schedule. Those games provided top rated teams and a lot of money, something most AD's cherish.

I assume you may be talking about Solo. I certainly wasn't putting all my eggs in that basket since I had heard the same about Patterson- he was a steady player for us, but far from a superstar. Like you said, Solo is a solid Sun Belt player. I've seen some signs that he could be an all conference player before he's done. He's had a couple of bad games as well. But without an inside game, we are going to struggle no matter who are guards are.
12-23-2009 10:16 AM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(12-23-2009 10:16 AM)mjs Wrote:  
(12-23-2009 10:03 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  

Makes sense, but it seems like Chris was the one to remove money games from the schedule. Those games provided top rated teams and a lot of money, something most AD's cherish.

I assume you may be talking about Solo. I certainly wasn't putting all my eggs in that basket since I had heard the same about Patterson- he was a steady player for us, but far from a superstar. Like you said, Solo is a solid Sun Belt player. I've seen some signs that he could be an all conference player before he's done. He's had a couple of bad games as well. But without an inside game, we are going to struggle no matter who are guards are.

Right on, with no scoring threats inside, teams are going to guard our perimeter like white on rice.
12-23-2009 10:29 AM
LR Alum Offline
1st String

Another blast from the past.
12-27-2010 08:28 AM
Scotto Offline

History has a way of repeating itself.
12-27-2010 08:30 AM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(12-27-2010 08:30 AM)Scotto Wrote:  History has a way of repeating itself.

This board seems to have gone into some kind of time warp!
12-27-2010 09:26 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

Back to the future?
12-27-2010 10:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.