Bookmark and Share
KSUowl0003 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kennesaw State
KSU Press Conference Tomorrow Afternoon in the Atlanta Business Chronicle
[/align]Wednesday, December 9, 2009, 9:44am EST
KSU may start football program
Atlanta Business Chronicle

KSU President Daniel S. Papp will hold a press conference on Thursday afternoon to announce the formation, membership and role of a Football Exploratory Committee for the university in Atlanta’s northern suburbs.

“For many years, but particularly over the past three years, Kennesaw State University officials have been questioned as to whether the institution will develop a football program,” the university said in a statement. “President Papp has formed and will charge an exploratory committee to consider the pros and cons of such a program, and to make recommendations to the administration.”

KSU’s move comes as Georgia State University in downtown Atlanta prepares to kick off its inaugural season in 2010.
12-09-2009 09:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Escalade2121 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
RE: KSU Press Conference Tomorrow Afternoon in the Atlanta Business Chronicle
I know we're doing this the right way, and maybe it's just me, but it seems like we're starting all over again. Wasn't there something similar to this already done?
12-09-2009 12:52 PM
Advertisement

adamsputnik Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: KSU, UGA, GFC
(12-09-2009 12:52 PM)Escalade2121 Wrote:  I know we're doing this the right way, and maybe it's just me, but it seems like we're starting all over again. Wasn't there something similar to this already done?

Yes, back when the old KSU Owls site was up and running you could actually download a football viability study. You can't find it any more I don't think.

I don't really understand the reasoning of going through the rigmarole again. Perhaps the press conference will bring something to light that would make sense. All the same, if Vince Dooley is involved, they're probably going to make more of an effort this time!
12-09-2009 01:23 PM
KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
This one will actually crunch the numbers, figure out how much we need to raise, what programs we need to put in place, and what the long term outlook would be. The last one I think was just meant to judge the public opinion, and was put together hastily.

This is for real, and I guarantee you that Dooley wouldn't put his name on something this public if it wasn't a serious venture.
12-09-2009 02:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.