Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I dont' know this for sure, but because of his
Bookmark and Share
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
I dont' know this for sure, but because of his
limited minutes this season, and now with a broken nose, could it be possible we could still get a medical redshirt for Nick Cicic? He's obviously not going to play a huge role in this season's team, and it's a shame to burn a year. And with his injury, he needs to wear a mask, and he can't see out of it well enough to shoot consistently, so why not consider the redshirt angle. I know, under normal circumstances he probably couldn't get it, but this is somewhat unusual, and he's hardly played. Just a thought.04-cheers
12-09-2009 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Online
Hall of Famer

RE: I dont' know this for sure, but because of his
(12-09-2009 09:11 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  limited minutes this season, and now with a broken nose, could it be possible we could still get a medical redshirt for Nick Cicic? He's obviously not going to play a huge role in this season's team, and it's a shame to burn a year. And with his injury, he needs to wear a mask, and he can't see out of it well enough to shoot consistently, so why not consider the redshirt angle. I know, under normal circumstances he probably couldn't get it, but this is somewhat unusual, and he's hardly played. Just a thought.04-cheers

I thought they would redshirt him, but since he played last game it seems doubtful. He's participated in 6 games. To get a medical redshirt you have to play in less than 20% of your team's games. We have 29 games. If you count the first tournament game (30 games) and the criteria is 20% or less, I guess he could still qualify if he doesn't touch the court again this season.
12-09-2009 10:29 AM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

(12-09-2009 10:29 AM)mjs Wrote:  
(12-09-2009 09:11 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  limited minutes this season, and now with a broken nose, could it be possible we could still get a medical redshirt for Nick Cicic? He's obviously not going to play a huge role in this season's team, and it's a shame to burn a year. And with his injury, he needs to wear a mask, and he can't see out of it well enough to shoot consistently, so why not consider the redshirt angle. I know, under normal circumstances he probably couldn't get it, but this is somewhat unusual, and he's hardly played. Just a thought.04-cheers

I thought they would redshirt him, but since he played last game it seems doubtful. He's participated in 6 games. To get a medical redshirt you have to play in less than 20% of your team's games. We have 29 games. If you count the first tournament game (30 games) and the criteria is 20% or less, I guess he could still qualify if he doesn't touch the court again this season.

I should add, it looks bad that he played AFTER the injury. But I guess we could make the argument that he tried to play with a mask, but just couldn't do it.
12-09-2009 10:31 AM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
How long is he going to have to wear the mask?
12-09-2009 10:36 AM
Advertisement

mjs Online
Hall of Famer

(12-09-2009 10:36 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  How long is he going to have to wear the mask?

I thought Jeff said 6 weeks in the paper. However, after he missed badly on his first 2 shots the other night he threw the mask off during a timeout and didn't wear it when he came back on the court.
12-09-2009 10:45 AM
Scotto Offline

I Root For: Longshot to Win
(12-09-2009 10:36 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  How long is he going to have to wear the mask?

I think 2 air balls is the maximum amount of time.
12-09-2009 10:46 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-09-2009 10:46 AM)Scotto Wrote:  

I think 2 air balls is the maximum amount of time.

In cat basketball they're known as "hair balls".02-13-banana
12-09-2009 11:12 AM
Advertisement

Scotto Offline

[Image: hairball.jpg]
12-09-2009 11:15 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-09-2009 11:15 AM)Scotto Wrote:  [Image: hairball.jpg]

Scotto. You never cease to amaze me.04-cheers
12-09-2009 11:21 AM
Scotto Offline

[Image: scotto.jpg]
12-09-2009 11:25 AM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-09-2009 11:25 AM)Scotto Wrote:  [Image: scotto.jpg]

Do you make folks an offer they can't refuse?04-cheers
12-09-2009 02:32 PM
eh9198 Offline
All American

I Root For: Little Rock
I really hate to see how C has fallen to the end of the bench this season. If they don't intend to use him hardly at all, them I'm all for redshirting him. I think he can offer so much, but I also understand that the coaches can't go off of potential, since he hasn't really shown what he's got this year except in flashes.
12-09-2009 08:26 PM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

Some times the kids don't want to red shirt. Kelson didn't when he was a freshmen but we later used the red shirt.

Our last 7 footer did not wsant to red shirt and thank god he didn't. There has been others.
12-09-2009 08:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.