Bookmark and Share
JPBearcat3 Offline
we'll do the rest, boys

I Root For: #BearcatNation
Kelly: I have not been contacted by ND
doesn't rule out a third party sort-of-deal, but nonetheless:

Kelly: I have not been contacted by ND
Posted by bkoch December 1st, 2009, 1:28 pm

Brian Kelly told me after his press conference today that he has not been contacted by Notre Dame and that he has begun preliminary discussion with UC about a new contract.

“I have not had contact (with Notre Dame),” Kelly said. “Even if they were reaching out to me, I’m finishing out the season just like I have every year. We’re going to focus on Pittsburgh this week. After the Pittsburgh game, we can talk about other things.”

The discussions with UC athletic director Mike Thomas, he said, are nothing out of the ordinary.

“Mike Thomas and I have always agreed that we would do that after the season,” Kelly said. “Sit down and talk in full. I think every year you’re up for renewal. Every year you’re going to look at your contract so I expect that would take place next week as well. We’ve always waited until the end of the season. We did that last year. We’ll do that this year. We haven’t changed the way we’re operating.”

Kelly actually got a little testy today at the press conference when he got peppered with questions about Notre Dame and how the rumors might affect his players as they prepared for the showdown at Pitt on Saturday. Kelly didn’t actually lash out at anyone – that’s not his style – but he did raise his voice to reporters and I have never heard him do that before. But his message was clear: He won’t talk about Notre Dame until the Pitt game is over.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2009/12/0...ted-by-nd/

12-01-2009 03:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
RE: Kelly: I have not been contacted by ND
Of course he hasn't... but his agent is another story.

12-01-2009 03:30 PM
Kenyon#4 Away
Retired

I Root For: Bearcats
(12-01-2009 03:30 PM)mlb Wrote:  Of course he hasn't... but his agent is another story.

Yup.

I like the "up for renewal every year" thing. Most coaches don't get to renegotiate thier contracts after every season. There are guys with rings that say national champions on them that don't get to do that.

12-01-2009 03:36 PM
QSECOFR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CCM
Just to set the record straight, ND has NOT contacted QSECOFR about the head coaching position. After Saturday, I will be open to discussions. Until then, I have no comment.

12-01-2009 03:43 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(12-01-2009 03:43 PM)QSECOFR Wrote:  Just to set the record straight, ND has NOT contacted QSECOFR about the head coaching position. After Saturday, I will be open to discussions. Until then, I have no comment.

That's comforting. That would be quite a loss. I hope a 3rd party or your lawyer hasn't been in discussions.

12-01-2009 03:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
marcuscan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats + UF
(12-01-2009 03:36 PM)Kenyon#4 Wrote:  
(12-01-2009 03:30 PM)mlb Wrote:  Of course he hasn't... but his agent is another story.

Yup.

I like the "up for renewal every year" thing. Most coaches don't get to renegotiate thier contracts after every season. There are guys with rings that say national champions on them that don't get to do that.

yea, well let's really think about that. those "guys with rings" are Urban Meyer, Sweater Vest, Nick Saban, Les Miles, Pete Carroll and Bob Stoops. they ALREADY are at the top of the pay scale so unless they have escalators in their contract that mandate a certain ranking among their peers of course they're not re-examining their contracts.

however, when you're BK, and you're a shooting star and mentioned in the same breath as those guys it makes perfectly good sense to think that your contract is "up for renewal every year." dude isn't even the highest paid coach in his contract.

his assessment and description of the situation is the correct and logical one.

mc

12-01-2009 03:52 PM
Advertisement

DDaddy Offline
Special Teams

Donators
(12-01-2009 03:43 PM)QSECOFR Wrote:  Just to set the record straight, ND has NOT contacted QSECOFR about the head coaching position. After Saturday, I will be open to discussions. Until then, I have no comment.

This just in!! QSECOFR is heading for Notre Dame!!! Bank it!02-13-banana02-13-banana04-cheers

12-01-2009 03:54 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(12-01-2009 03:54 PM)DDaddy Wrote:  

This just in!! QSECOFR is heading for Notre Dame!!! Bank it!02-13-banana02-13-banana04-cheers

You are probably right... why won't QSECOFR give us a definitive answer on whether or not he will be at Cincinnati next year Come on...this is a major distraction as we go for 12-0.

12-01-2009 04:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
friendofjoe Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: cincinnati
ND is going after Jim Harbaugh of Stanford and Indianapolis Colts fame.

12-01-2009 04:03 PM
eroc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool

Yup.

Damn Kenyon...Bitter much? 03-lmfao

i wasn't one of the original fb fans from way back in the day day. i'm more than willing to admit that BK is the reason i'm as big a fan of UC football as i am. To me, the program building that BK has pushed is more than deserving of having his contracted reviewed and renewed on a yearly basis despite his lack of NC credentials.

12-01-2009 04:13 PM
EcFlay Offline
2nd String

I Root For: the Bearcats
Didn't a certain BBall coach always get a renewal or automatic extension after every year? So why are you so upset about Kelly wanting to talk to our AD about his contract? And like its always been, usually when he wants a renegotiation its for more money to his assistant coaches and contractual obligations for the Athletic Department to grow this program. Him getting more money is just a reward and shows that we are serious.

12-01-2009 04:22 PM
Advertisement

Mopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
Brian Kelly is seriously underpaid. If he needs a new 5 year contract every year to keep him here then he gets a new contract every year.

12-01-2009 04:35 PM
Kenyon#4 Away
Retired

(12-01-2009 04:13 PM)eroc Wrote:  

Yup.

Damn Kenyon...Bitter much? 03-lmfao

i wasn't one of the original fb fans from way back in the day day. i'm more than willing to admit that BK is the reason i'm as big a fan of UC football as i am. To me, the program building that BK has pushed is more than deserving of having his contracted reviewed and renewed on a yearly basis despite his lack of NC credentials.

Yes, these days I'm bitter about a lot of things. The longer I'm alive, the worse I get. I think I need a trash can full of Jack Daniels. 04-drinky

12-01-2009 04:37 PM
BearcatMax54 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC
Bob Stoops or Butch Davis to ND

12-01-2009 04:38 PM
JunctaJuvant Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: X-mas Cookies
(12-01-2009 04:38 PM)BearcatMax54 Wrote:  Bob Stoops or Butch Davis to ND

OK, I give ... which one?

12-01-2009 04:41 PM
chatcat Offline
All American

I Root For: BEARCATS
(12-01-2009 04:02 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(12-01-2009 03:54 PM)DDaddy Wrote:  

You are probably right... why won't QSECOFR give us a definitive answer on whether or not he will be at Cincinnati next year Come on...this is a major distraction as we go for 12-0.

There is something in QSECOFR's past that the Golden Domers are a little bit uneasy about.03-lmfao

12-01-2009 04:46 PM
Advertisement

Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
(12-01-2009 04:41 PM)JunctaJuvant Wrote:  
(12-01-2009 04:38 PM)BearcatMax54 Wrote:  Bob Stoops or Butch Davis to ND

OK, I give ... which one?

03-lmfao

12-01-2009 04:52 PM
oleskl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats

Donators
Harbaugh has an unsigned contract extension sitting on the desk at Stanford. Wonder why he hasn't put ink on it yet?

12-01-2009 05:14 PM
Kenyon#4 Away
Retired

(12-01-2009 05:14 PM)oleskl Wrote:  Harbaugh has an unsigned contract extension sitting on the desk at Stanford. Wonder why he hasn't put ink on it yet?

Probably wanted to use any interest others schools had in him to make the contract fatter before signing it.

12-01-2009 05:14 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

Yup.

I believe Meyers has a clause in his contract that states he has to be the highest paid coach in America, or something to that effect.

12-01-2009 05:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.