Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lady Trojan Questions
Bookmark and Share
Karl B Offline
1st String

I Root For: UALR , Ark Tech
Lady Trojan Questions
I was speaking with a person who was very close to the Ladies program the other day and mentioned how they missed Anshel. He said one of the players Foley hoped to replace her had left the team. Looking at the roster, I would assume that would have been Jessica Hines since she's in the media guide and now is not on the roster. Also I've seen Nicole Peavy in street clothes, Is she hurt or redshirting? Whitney Burgess is dressed out but has not played in any games yet, I would assume she's injured, anyone know for sure? Since TreAnna broke her leg, we're definately short on post players, that's why I'm wondering about Whitney. Curtis, RBL, LR Trojan...... anyone know?
11-29-2009 09:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: Lady Trojan Questions
(11-29-2009 09:12 PM)Karl B Wrote:  I was speaking with a person who was very close to the Ladies program the other day and mentioned how they missed Anshel. He said one of the players Foley hoped to replace her had left the team. Looking at the roster, I would assume that would have been Jessica Hines since she's in the media guide and now is not on the roster. Also I've seen Nicole Peavy in street clothes, Is she hurt or redshirting? Whitney Burgess is dressed out but has not played in any games yet, I would assume she's injured, anyone know for sure? Since TreAnna broke her leg, we're definately short on post players, that's why I'm wondering about Whitney. Curtis, RBL, LR Trojan...... anyone know?

Unfortunately, I have no answers. I guess I was almost "assuming" that the way the program was progressing that this would be the season we make the NCAA tournament. It's still very early, but I may have been somewhat unrealistic in my expectations. Of course, that was before I knew Anshel was leaving.
11-29-2009 09:24 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(11-29-2009 09:12 PM)Karl B Wrote:  I was speaking with a person who was very close to the Ladies program the other day and mentioned how they missed Anshel. He said one of the players Foley hoped to replace her had left the team. Looking at the roster, I would assume that would have been Jessica Hines since she's in the media guide and now is not on the roster. Also I've seen Nicole Peavy in street clothes, Is she hurt or redshirting? Whitney Burgess is dressed out but has not played in any games yet, I would assume she's injured, anyone know for sure? Since TreAnna broke her leg, we're definately short on post players, that's why I'm wondering about Whitney. Curtis, RBL, LR Trojan...... anyone know?

I don't know anything about the roster. I only know what I see on the court, and that's why I'm concerned about Kim's inconsistency. Chastity can't do it by herself. I also thought it odd that Whitney didn't play in the home game that we had the big lead in. I just found out at the first home game, the reason Anshel isn't playing this year.
I'm glad to see Asriel taking some shots(and hitting them)this year. If it hadn't been for her scoring some, we would have really been in trouble this year so far. I am concerned about our ability to score consistently this year. Kim has got to score, and we can't stand much of her not scoring.
11-29-2009 09:39 PM
Advertisement

LR Alum Offline
1st String

If I remember correctly Nicole was off the roster before the season started. I think she may have left during the summer but decided to come back. She may have to sit out until next semester or something to that extent. Maybe Jeff can clarify on his twitter account although he would have to be brief.
11-29-2009 10:01 PM
UALRSuperFan Curtis Offline
Special Teams

(11-29-2009 10:01 PM)LR Alum Wrote:  

If I remember correctly Nicole was off the roster before the season started. I think she may have left during the summer but decided to come back. She may have to sit out until next semester or something to that extent. Maybe Jeff can clarify on his twitter account although he would have to be brief.

You remove the keystone and the building collapses. Anshel has been the keystone for the Lady Trojans' success the past 3 seasons. Now, I'm afraid that this building will collapse by mid-January and that'll mean a potential losing record, not to mention a 1st round elimination in Hot Springs. As far as Kim Sitzman goes, she needs to step it up a lot more as the lone senior on the team. A potential bright side is Asriel Rolfe, who's beginning to find her scoring touch. She has to help out "New Orleans Chas"-tity Reed on all fronts, as well as Marian Kursh, Britteni Williams among others. Otherwise, this could be the first long, down season since the days of Coach Stewart-Lange. Let's hope it doesn't come to that, fans of the Trojan Empire!
12-01-2009 09:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.