Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Roback Gets New Offer
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
Roback Gets New Offer
A post on the Rocket Report citing OhioVarsity.com reports that Toledo commit Derek Roback has received an offer to play quarterback for Cincinnati.
11-26-2009 03:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
RE: Roback Gets New Offer
(11-26-2009 03:32 PM)SylvaniaRocket Wrote:  A post on the Rocket Report citing OhioVarsity.com reports that Toledo commit Derek Roback has received an offer to play quarterback for Cincinnati.

UC already has a verbal commit from QB Luke Massa(#84 Scout), supposedly one of the top two in the state of Ohio.The Bearcats have 17 verbal commits. UT gets a verbal from a UC recruit Tucker and out of the blue the Bearcats offer a UT verbal commit Roback. Funny huh?
Payback most likely...
11-26-2009 07:19 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
It's the first Roback has heard from Cincy since the summer too. Coincidence? Not!
11-26-2009 09:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
Well, if Kelly takes the Notre Dame job perhaps Roback will sign with us
11-26-2009 10:29 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Doesn't sound to me like he intends on going to Cincy. It'll be interesting to see how Cincy acts if he gives them a verbal commit and they still have Massa in the fold. I've got to believe they gave an offer for a reason and you have to wonder if Massa is looking elsewhere with the rumors about Kelly swirling around.
11-26-2009 11:56 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Comments on another board, close to home:

Roback

He's an up and coming recruit, not a "four or five star." Getting a "BCS" offer has to be exciting for him and I don't see Kelly's decision in anyway impinging on his. In a way, he's in the best position. He can think things through with wider choices for his education. Hopefully he sees the advantages of Toledo but best wishes to him if he chooses another school.
11-27-2009 12:26 AM
robroy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(11-26-2009 07:19 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(11-26-2009 03:32 PM)SylvaniaRocket Wrote:  A post on the Rocket Report citing OhioVarsity.com reports that Toledo commit Derek Roback has received an offer to play quarterback for Cincinnati.

UC already has a verbal commit from QB Luke Massa(#84 Scout), supposedly one of the top two in the state of Ohio.The Bearcats have 17 verbal commits. UT gets a verbal from a UC recruit Tucker and out of the blue the Bearcats offer a UT verbal commit Roback. Funny huh?
Payback most likely...

Roback probably looked at his chances to play and it looks like Beckman picked Dantin over any one else. Inside scoop says Dantin has had free pass with mistakes. I still think Pettee would have been a better choice this season with his arm strength and field vision. Should have let Dantin redshirt. The BG game will be interesting. GO ROCKETS!
11-27-2009 12:52 AM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Roback would sit behind Collaros for at least two more years.The Bearcats have RsFr QB Brendon Kay, a top 20 QB coming out of HS along with Rs Soph Chazz Anderson and new QB commit Luke Massa, the #24 QB(Rivals) in the nation. Looks to me UC has more of a logjam behind Collaros than UT, where the QB position will be wide open.When UT's Offense is run properly, it is statistically one of the nation's top. Even with all the injuries UT still leads the MAC and is #20 nationally in Total Offense. Any QB should be excited to be the Rockets' starter. To run UT's Offense properly you need a QB that is a running threat. Right now, Dantin is that guy. He's completed almost 70% of his passes and thrown 4TD's in 80 attempts with 2 interceptions. Pettee is not a real mobile QB, completes about 63% of his passses and has thrown 1 TD in 60 attempts with 3 interceptions.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2009 02:52 AM by Boca Rocket.)
11-27-2009 02:51 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

Cincy is lying to him about him playing QB there. They have one senior on the roster and already have two QB commits. Why would they take three QB recruits when they are only losing one? That would give them 6 scholarship QB's next year, with no seniors. UC also recently lost TE recruit Alex Smith to UNC, and Roback was a TE as a sophomore in high school and many schools see him as a TE in college rather than QB. I'm willing to bet Cincy is telling him QB, but thinking TE. If he decides to go there over UT, I sure hope he doesn't get screwed over.
11-27-2009 09:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

(11-27-2009 12:52 AM)robroy Wrote:  
(11-26-2009 07:19 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

Payback most likely...

Roback probably looked at his chances to play and it looks like Beckman picked Dantin over any one else. Inside scoop says Dantin has had free pass with mistakes. I still think Pettee would have been a better choice this season with his arm strength and field vision. Should have let Dantin redshirt. The BG game will be interesting. GO ROCKETS!

The problem with Pettee is that he does not fit the style of offense and the type of QB this staff wants. He is not mobile enough. And don't be too sure that Dantin will be the QB next year. There is going to be a lot of competition.
11-27-2009 09:15 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-27-2009 09:14 AM)rocketfootball Wrote:  Cincy is lying to him about him playing QB there. They have one senior on the roster and already have two QB commits. If he decides to go there over UT, I sure hope he doesn't get screwed over.

The kid has a 4.0 and leadership skills. He probably can filter through all that. Cinci can want him as an athlete. They can want him as a QB. UT should want him because he has great academics.
11-27-2009 04:53 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(11-27-2009 04:53 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  
(11-27-2009 09:14 AM)rocketfootball Wrote:  Cincy is lying to him about him playing QB there. They have one senior on the roster and already have two QB commits. If he decides to go there over UT, I sure hope he doesn't get screwed over.

The kid has a 4.0 and leadership skills. He probably can filter through all that. Cinci can want him as an athlete. They can want him as a QB. UT should want him because he has great academics.

Looking for great athletes, excellent students and leaders.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2009 07:05 PM by Boca Rocket.)
11-27-2009 07:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.