Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ord Buckeye, a view from CVG
Bookmark and Share
BearcatBeta Offline
All American

I Root For: $ in my mailbox
Ord Buckeye, a view from CVG
I read the "buckeye planet" board and the subheading
University of Cincinnati Football 2009. I like to see their perspective, but I never post there. tosu has a fantastic following, and the fans do a great job with this particular board, with alot of subheadings about
sports, College football, Teams. Recruiting. It's very well done.

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/colle...009-a.html

There are a group of regular
posters, some from Southern Ohio, including Cincinnati. Many are sane rational football fans. Some applaud the accomplishments of UC football.
Others seem to just hate anything UC, like this Chicago based poster
named ORD Buckeye. His only pleasure seems to be to BASH anything
UC at evey opportunity.

Here is a set of typical posts from ORD Buckeye:

University of Cincinnati will finance practice fields | cincinnati.com | Cincinnati.Com

"Further proof that Cincy is following the Rutgers model of reckless, irresponsible spending in pursuit of football dreams.

For those who don't know, UC is on extremely shaky financial ground. Even before the economic collapse, they were massively over leveraged from a campus building spree over the last decade. Their bond rating has been cut, and they have the highest debt ratio and lowest cash reserves of any public university in Ohio. AND, despite their recent football success and a BCS bowl game, their football team lost almost 2 million dollars last year while the athletic department overall lost over 4 million.

Despite this, they are going out and BORROWING 10 million dollars for a football practice facility to keep a football coach that no one outside of Cincy believes will be there in two years (two months?). "

It's pretty clear that Nancy was the one voice of reason at that university, and with her gone, the cretins are in charge. When this all comes crashing down and the state has to pick up the pieces, I would hope that Fingerhut holds those responsible to account for their shameless and reckless management of a state asset."

And this one:
"I have a hard time going after this kid--or any other athlete busted for underage drinking--since I think the 21 yo drinking age is an abomination and horrible public policy. I do understand the argument that, as a high profile scholarship athlete, he is simply unable to do things that many normal college students can.

That being said, reading the UC board threads about harassing this reporter in public really shows what a bunch of idiots this fanbase is. Hey, you're ranked #5 in the country and your starting quarterback got busted for a fake id and ignoring a court order. It's going to be reported by the newspaper because it IS news. Welcome to the big time. The Enquirer is a newspaper--not a p.r. outlet for the football team.

Having read these boards (BearcatBanter) for a month now, I really am beginning to understand the hilliblly mentality that led them to demonize, harass and ultimately run Zimpher out of town for firing a corrupt, drunken scumbag like Huggins. Zimpher did more to pull that university up out of the gutter than a thousand Brian Kellys, but it means nothing to these mouthbreathers. Enjoy your football success, losers."

and:
"There's apparently a list of football team grad rates for the BCS top 10. Cincy is tops at 75%. UC fan has somehow confused that to mean #1 in academics among BCS schools. I don't think they're delusional; just too stupid to understand the difference"

and:
"My suspicion would be that the top university president in America made a couple of phone calls to the powers that be in Ohio resulting in a couple of yelling, irate phone calls being made to the powers that be in Clifton. Shockingly, the urban commuter school is no longer allowed to use their scoreboard to poke a stick at the state's flagship university. Just my hunch." (referring to Buckeye State)

And perhaps his lamest effort:
"Reasons to hate the University of Cincinnati:

Their quarterback looks like he should be running a meth lab
There is a significant cross over between bandwagon Cincy fans and juggalos
Grillz that Killz at wide receiver
Their stadium is actually a horseshoe...a tiny little 1/8 scale horseshoe. It's like an Ohio Stadium for midgets
They ran off the best president they ever had because she fired the Tarkanian of the East.
Their pathetic little brother complex and hatred for the flagship has actually made me pay attention to them "

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/colle...-a-25.html

Apparently in an otherwise excellent board like buckeye planet, the
element most lacking is a jerk supressor (Moderator).

11-23-2009 10:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
RE: Ord Buckeye, a view from CVG
Who cares?

11-24-2009 09:18 AM
BearcatBeta Offline
All American

(11-24-2009 09:18 AM)mlb Wrote:  Who cares?

Why not post that in every single one of the smacks on here?

11-24-2009 10:09 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Most of them are political related... this is related to what some ******* Ohio State fan things. Who cares what they think about UC? At the end of the day they matter no more than what UC fans think of Ohio State.

11-24-2009 10:10 AM
Advertisement

Murph29 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: humble people
This just in...there are haters everywhere. They come out like cockroaches when your team is good and getting attention. There will be lots and lots more of them if we continue to succeed. Thinking about the school up north is a total waste of time. They'll never respect us, they are not our rival because they don't play us and cancel previously scheduled games with us, and they are pretty irrelevant to the success of our football team. I choose to ignore them versus acting like XU fans and looking like insecure little brother to them. Let them bask in the total excitement that is beating a crappy Michigan team.

C'mon don't you know. They invented football, have a total monopoly on it and any school that would have the nerve to try to build their own program are out of their minds.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2009 10:39 AM by Murph29.)
11-24-2009 10:38 AM
BearcatBeta Offline
All American

More brain waves from "ORD Buck"

"Out of curiosity, how much pressure is on Kelly if he stays. Right now, he's the toast of Cincinnati. He's also been described as a me-me-me kind of guy. He demands what's best for his program and the rest of the athletic department and university as a whole be damned.

If he stays, he will go into next season having demanded and gotten the following:

His second contract renogotiation in three years
Siphoning of funds from other sports to fund his (money losing) football program
In a university with severe financial problems, the taking on of $10.5MM in debt to fund his practice facility
Quite possibly a commitment (again, at a university that can NOT afford to be doing this), a stadium expansion that could approach 75-100MM dollars.
Expectations are already delusional. If Kelly stays, they'd be even more so.

What happens if it all doesn't pan out? What happens if he's the next Schiano? Will the university step in and show some fiscal sanity and reign in the football program. If not, are Fingerhut and the Governor forced to get involved and stop the spending? Do the fans blame the university administration (echoes of Nancy?) and blame the President for not giving Kelly enough? Do they turn on Kelly?

It could be a real soap opera in the 'hood should Kelly stay and go through a spell of mediocre seasons."

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/colle...ead-3.html

11-28-2009 05:44 PM
OneUChoopsfan Away
I'm Black & White

I Root For: U. C. I LOVE

Donators
Funny read.

Back to reality. We are in the top 5 & they are not.

New realities will set in next year when we begin to take ost priority football prospects.

I'm betting Coach K stays.

11-28-2009 06:31 PM
Bearcat86 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC
(11-23-2009 10:21 PM)BearcatBeta Wrote:  Here is a set of typical posts from ORD Buckeye:

University of Cincinnati will finance practice fields | cincinnati.com | Cincinnati.Com

"Further proof that Cincy is following the Rutgers model of reckless, irresponsible spending in pursuit of football dreams.

For those who don't know, UC is on extremely shaky financial ground. Even before the economic collapse, they were massively over leveraged from a campus building spree over the last decade. Their bond rating has been cut, and they have the highest debt ratio and lowest cash reserves of any public university in Ohio. AND, despite their recent football success and a BCS bowl game, their football team lost almost 2 million dollars last year while the athletic department overall lost over 4 million.

Despite this, they are going out and BORROWING 10 million dollars for a football practice facility to keep a football coach that no one outside of Cincy believes will be there in two years (two months?). "

It's pretty clear that Nancy was the one voice of reason at that university, and with her gone, the cretins are in charge. When this all comes crashing down and the state has to pick up the pieces, I would hope that Fingerhut holds those responsible to account for their shameless and reckless management of a state asset."

And this one:
"I have a hard time going after this kid--or any other athlete busted for underage drinking--since I think the 21 yo drinking age is an abomination and horrible public policy. I do understand the argument that, as a high profile scholarship athlete, he is simply unable to do things that many normal college students can.

That being said, reading the UC board threads about harassing this reporter in public really shows what a bunch of idiots this fanbase is. Hey, you're ranked #5 in the country and your starting quarterback got busted for a fake id and ignoring a court order. It's going to be reported by the newspaper because it IS news. Welcome to the big time. The Enquirer is a newspaper--not a p.r. outlet for the football team.

While I don't agree with his tone, he is right about the Enquirer reporting Collaros ignoring the court order. It seemed most on here focused on the fake id, when the real issue was he ignored a judge. One is relatively minor, the other is quite serious and the latter is something that will make the news and Bearcat fans have no right to complain about it.

About UC's financial situation - while I don't know that UC is on extremely shakey financial ground, the years of construction created and enormous debt which must be serviced. Zimpher pretty much told every department they had to deal with their own deficits and be accountable for them, which is a prudent thing to do. That said, borrowing for the bubble isn't as crazy as it sounds when most of the monies have been committed by donors.

12-02-2009 09:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.