Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football coaching rumors
Bookmark and Share
WKUSledgeHammer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Western KY
Football coaching rumors
Come on, somebody's got to hearing some names besides what's in the paper.
11-13-2009 04:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
RE: Football coaching rumors
I'd love to have anybody associated with Boise State.
11-14-2009 08:14 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
(11-14-2009 08:14 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  I'd love to have anybody associated with Boise State.

that'd be nice.
11-14-2009 11:34 PM
OwlFamily Offline
FAU's Defender of the Faith.

I Root For: FAU OWLS!
Stay awas from Jeff Brohm.

I want him to run FAU when Howard is done.

8-)
11-15-2009 08:45 AM

Hilltop75 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
(11-13-2009 04:31 AM)WKUSledgeHammer Wrote:  Come on, somebody's got to hearing some names besides what's in the paper.

WKU Current Coach Candidates with salary
Jim McElwain-----360,000 + 72,000 (possible bonus)
Paul Petrino-------308,000 + 25,000
Randy Sanders----249,000 + 40,000
Charlie Strong-----310,000 + 0
Tony Franklin-------103,000 + 0
Trooper Taylor------320,000 + 80,000
Gus Malzahn--------350,000 + 112,000
Eddie Gran----------185,000 + 0
Jim Chaney---------275,000 + 0
John L. Smith------210,000 + 17,000
Turner Gill----------400,000 + 390,000

In addition Hatcher from GSU and Taggart from Stanford
11-22-2009 07:14 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
Paul Petrino, Charlie Strong, Tony Franklin, and Gus Malzahn sound great to me.

I don't think Tony Franklin is going to be a head coach though. While he was at Troy, he said he had no interest in ever being a head coach. His mind may have changed since then though.
11-23-2009 12:35 AM
wkuweather Offline
Water Engineer

Gus Malzahn and Trooper Taylor are my top two favorites along with an outside shot at getting Charlie Strong. But it sounds like to me that we aren't even contacting these guys. The only ones I have heard of is Petrino, Drake, and Taggert...which none of them I really would like seeing come here.
11-23-2009 07:42 AM

TOPPERTOM Offline
Beltbbs WKU Football INsider

Willie Taggart to be named new WKU football coach•November 23, 2009 • from Daily News blog.Western Kentucky will announce today that Willie Taggart will be named the school’s new football coach according to sources close to the situation.

A news conference has been set for Noon today at E.A. Diddle Arena.
11-23-2009 11:09 AM
TOPPERTOM Offline

Jason Stamm
InsideHilltopperSports.com Editor

InsideHilltopperSports.com has just learned that Stanford running backs coach Willie Taggart will be named the new head coach at WKU.

A press conference has been set for noon CT today.

Taggart quarterbacked WKU from 1995-98 and had the record for most rushing yards ever by a quarterback on the collegiate level at the end of his college career. He was inducted into the WKU athletic hall of fame during homecoming on Nov. 7.

He served as an assistant coach under former coach Jack Harbaugh, coaching wide receivers, then quarterbacks and was also the co-offensive coordinator. He's spent the past two seasons at Stanford.

Taggart was selected over a 'final four' list of Arkansas offensive coordinator [db]Paul Petrino[/db], Duke defensive coordinator [db]Mike MacIntyre[/db] and Chicago Bears wide receivers coach Darryl Drake.

InsideHilltopperSports.com will have the full audio of the press conference, as well as words from Taggart later today.
11-23-2009 11:13 AM
TOPPERTOM Offline

WKU hires former star Taggart
Former Topper QB spent past few years as Stanford assistant coach

By NICK BAUMGARDNER, The Daily News,
Monday, November 23, 2009 12:17 PM CST

Willie Taggart is returning to where he started.

The record-breaking former Western Kentucky quarterback was to be announced as the program’s 17th head coach today at a news conference at E.A. Diddle Arena, according to multiple sources close to the situation.

Taggart has spent the past three seasons as running backs coach at Stanford. Prior to that, Taggart spent eight years as an assistant at WKU under former coach Jack Harbaugh and recently fired coach David Elson.

During that time at WKU, Taggart served as a wide receivers coach, a quarterbacks coach, a co-offensive coordinator and an assistant head coach.

The move comes two weeks to the day after WKU athletic director Wood Selig and president Gary Ransdell announced Elson would be fired effective at the end of the 2009 season, ending his seven-year run as the program’s head coach.

The Hilltoppers are currently 0-10 in their first official season as a full-fledged member of the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision. WKU also currently holds the nation’s longest active losing streak, as the Hilltoppers have now lost 18 straight games dating back to the 2008 campaign.

WKU travels to Florida Atlantic on Saturday before wrapping the season up at home against Arkansas State on Dec. 3.

A native of Palmetto, Fla., Taggart first arrived at WKU as a player in 1995, where he began a quarterbacking career that finished with his jersey being retired.

Taggart set 11 school records in his four seasons and is still the school’s all-time leader in rushing touchdowns with 47. He’s second on the all-time list in scoring (286 points), pass efficiency rating (127.71) and rushing yards (3,997). When he finished his career at WKU, his rushing totals were the most ever by an NCAA Division I quarterback.

After graduating, Taggart went right to work on the WKU sidelines, eventually taking over the role of co-offensive coordinator in 2001, the year WKU won its Division I-AA national championship.

Since arriving at Stanford on coach Jim Harbaugh’s staff in 2007, Taggart has helped kickstart the Cardinal program offensively. Stanford is just 70 yards from setting its own single-season team rushing total. The Cardinal currently have 2,412 rushing yards on the year.

Taggart has also developed a reputation as an up-and-coming recruiter during his time at Stanford, as he is responsible for recruiting Florida, Georgia, Kentucky and Riverside County, Calif.
11-23-2009 03:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.