Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Solo at the point
Bookmark and Share
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
Solo at the point
I guess I mistakenly got the impression that Soloman was the "classic" point guard. No doubt he is very talented and may be our best player (i.e. Nicky Zachary, Zach Wright, and Stevie Moore). However, he seemed to have the "me first" mentality which seems to have gotten the above mentioned players in trouble. I agree we need him on the court- but if he doesn't change his playing style we need Foster (who I see as a "true" point guard) at the 1 and Soloman at the 2 guard. Of course, my observations are based on just one game and may mean practically nothing. It's possible Solo just felt like he had to take the game into his own hands when he saw a DII team (probably with a lot of Arkansans he played against in high school) in a position to beat us.
11-09-2009 01:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
RE: Solo at the point
You could have something there.
11-09-2009 01:40 PM
Scotto Offline

I Root For: Longshot to Win
No doubt he wanted the ball. And he wanted to score. I was thinking we were going to just clear out and let Solo have the lane. Harding would have fouled out the entire team. And we would have won by 10 going away.
11-09-2009 01:55 PM
Advertisement

insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

I Root For: UALR
I am for two scrimmages from now on. They will be closed. I am for more closed practices. I am for closed games at this point until conference.
11-09-2009 02:42 PM
Scotto Offline

I Root For: Longshot to Win
I am for closed tournament. And we hire the refs.

NCAA's here we come..!
11-09-2009 02:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.