Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Pitt-Syracuse game thread
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Pitt-Syracuse game thread
The game's on ESPNU...
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2009 12:15 PM by bitcruncher.)
11-07-2009 12:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

RE: Pitt-Syracuse game thread
I missed the scores. But it's a 3-3 game so far...
11-07-2009 12:23 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
The first quarter closes with both sides tied 3-3 and their offenses looking like they are stuck in mud or something.
11-07-2009 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user
zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
It's too bad our coach is such a *****. SU must lead the nation in punts on 4th-and-short in the other team's territory.
11-07-2009 01:00 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Paulus ain't doing SU any favors either. He just threw a pick 6... 13-3 Pitt
11-07-2009 01:05 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

It has to be so frustrating for Syracuse fans to watch Paulus do this again and again. He constantly makes brilliant plays that you would never expect from him, only to follow them up with costly interceptions, quite often on the very next snap.
11-07-2009 01:10 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

If Paulus had put the ball a little more to the right, he'd have had a completion, and not an INT...
11-07-2009 01:19 PM
zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
How about not running that play at all? Has that play gone for more than five yards once all year? I can't remember a single time the receiver broke one after catching it.
11-07-2009 01:25 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

A five yard play isn't bad, if you get 5 yards on first down, zibby. That's half of what you need for another first...
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2009 01:51 PM by bitcruncher.)
11-07-2009 01:50 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

Pitt misses a 47-yard field goal and their lead stays at 20-3 for the time being.
11-07-2009 02:00 PM
zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-07-2009 01:50 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  A five yard play isn't bad, if you get 5 yards on first down, zibby. That's half of what you need for another first...

That's the BEST that play has done all year. When you add up all the incompletions and losses, that play has probably averaged a loss of yardage but they run it a half-dozen times every single frickin game.
11-07-2009 02:13 PM
Advertisement

Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

Pitt's third field goal of the game extends their lead to 30-3 early in the fourth quarter.
11-07-2009 02:35 PM
chrisRU Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, NJIT
Another Pitt TD. 37-3.
11-07-2009 02:46 PM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Pitt has an outstanding team this year!!
11-07-2009 02:47 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

Syracuse finally gets a touchdown with just over a minute left to make the score look not as bad as before, but the Panthers will win in dominant fashion, 37-10.
11-07-2009 03:10 PM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
4 Pass Interference calls on Pitt during the next to last drive? WTF was the spread on this game?
11-07-2009 03:26 PM
Advertisement

catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU
(11-07-2009 01:25 PM)zibby Wrote:  How about not running that play at all? Has that play gone for more than five yards once all year? I can't remember a single time the receiver broke one after catching it.

Welcome to Rob Spence's offensive philosophy. Run the same play over and over no matter how bad it's performed in the past.

I haven't kept up with Syracuse this year.....is Spence still calling 10+ bubble screens a game?
11-07-2009 04:39 PM
zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-07-2009 04:39 PM)catdaddy_2402 Wrote:  is Spence still calling 10+ bubble screens a game?

That's what we're talking about. The tackle doesn't cut the DE, he tips it, the WR tips it and the ball is intercepted by the LB who is right on top of WR because the guy who was supposed to block him whiffed.
11-07-2009 05:07 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators
(11-07-2009 04:39 PM)catdaddy_2402 Wrote:  
(11-07-2009 01:25 PM)zibby Wrote:  How about not running that play at all? Has that play gone for more than five yards once all year? I can't remember a single time the receiver broke one after catching it.

Welcome to Rob Spence's offensive philosophy. Run the same play over and over no matter how bad it's performed in the past.

I haven't kept up with Syracuse this year.....is Spence still calling 10+ bubble screens a game?

Yes, but it may be more understandable at SU than Clemson since unfortunately with a sub-par OL, a starting QB that doesn't have a great arm and only one WR with breakaway speed (who quit the team earlier this week) options other than short passes and screens are limited.

By the way, how's Clemson passing game doing this year? I believe going into this weekend's games they were behind Syracuse in this department and well behind last year's pace at Clemson with Spence.

Cheers,
Neil
11-07-2009 08:07 PM
catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU
Quote:Yes, but it may be more understandable at SU than Clemson since unfortunately with a sub-par OL, a starting QB that doesn't have a great arm and only one WR with breakaway speed (who quit the team earlier this week) options other than short passes and screens are limited.
Get used to it is all I can say. It's almost like Spence thinks downfield passes are

Quote:By the way, how's Clemson passing game doing this year? I believe going into this weekend's games they were behind Syracuse in this department and well behind last year's pace at Clemson with Spence.
We knew going into the season that we were going to struggle in the passing game considering we were replacing a 5th Yr SR QB, the ACC All Time leader in receptions at one WR and another SR who is in the Clemson Top 10 in receptions at another. This season we got to start with a RS FR QB, one SR WR, and a group of FR and Soph WR that had a total of 234 yards combined for their career, primarily because Spence tended to want to keep the experienced guys in there as long as possible to make their stats look good.

The big difference this year has been we aren't predictable, so we don't have DBs and LBs jumping the bubble screen, and we've thrown enough deep balls that the defense can't stack the box. That's why despite losing the #2 all time rusher in Clemson history we are averaging 40 ypg more on the ground this year compared to last.
11-07-2009 09:10 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.