Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Slow start for our Grizz.
Bookmark and Share
Dak10 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ron Paul
Slow start for our Grizz.
We gave Golden State their 1st win of the season tonight. No defense whatsoever. It's ugly to watch them play D.

Our 2nd overall pick who we brought in to be that defensive presence only getting 28 total minutes so far this season doesn't help, but it's not like we can play him. He has more fouls and turnovers than blocks, rebounds, and points.
11-05-2009 12:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rob
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Slow start for our Grizz.
What did you expect?
11-05-2009 01:56 AM
Quote this message in a reply
biglewlew20 Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis
THE GRIZZ ARE AWFUL. THE END!!

Somebody please buy this franchise and get it the hell out of memphis PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!
11-05-2009 09:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-05-2009 09:16 AM)biglewlew20 Wrote:  THE GRIZZ ARE AWFUL. THE END!!

Somebody please buy this franchise and get it the hell out of memphis PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

they are not awful. this is actually a fun team to watch if you like offense. defensively, we have major issues...hopefully, the team will get better as the season progresses.
11-05-2009 09:21 AM
CCC Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: M-Town
Watching this team makes me miss James Posey. He was a MONSTER on D!
11-05-2009 09:25 AM
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

The grizz leaving memphis would not be a good thing.
11-05-2009 09:25 AM
Advertisement

40kel Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Tigers!
The grizz remind me of the suns a couple of years ago. they have the offense but defense is still in the locker room. the bad thing is they are a couple of defense stops away from being a contender, not champs, but contenders. You had both big men with double doubles last night and still lost. plus we have only been blown out once this year and that was first game of the season. should have won last night but morrow came out of nowhere. when the opposing team has three times the number of scoring then our bench might as well hang it up.

All three of our rookies are not worth a sh*t! Play conley off the bench start AI

AI of the bench last night 18-7
Conley starting 8-6
11-05-2009 09:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
memp600 Offline
Just grinding...

I Root For: Memphis
(11-05-2009 09:25 AM)tmoneyinmphs Wrote:  

The grizz leaving memphis would not be a good thing.

Yes. The grizzlies leaving would be bad for the city and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. Their defense is horrible. No one helps out, Conely can't defend going to the basket, Rudy just stands around, I watched Thabust let a guard go to the hole w/o jumping to block his shot, and Mayo trys to defend but gets destroyed almost every game. This is nothing new from last year.
11-05-2009 10:44 AM
ByrdDogX Offline
Mmmmm, Bacon.

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Well at least AI will keep a few butts in the seat at the forum. If he were not there, we could be seeing the figures we saw last year at the forum.

Waste of a #2 pick!!
11-05-2009 11:46 AM
jtgavigan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis!!
I will go on record as saying I think these guys will "get it" as the season progresses. I think we still have a shot at .500 before the end of the year. You get 8-10 more stops (say 2 a quarter) a game, and this team wins all but the first game (I don't think they could have made those stops against Denver). Even though all ar ebad defenders individually, I think they may find a way to get a few more stops (steals, blocks, forcing a bad pass out of bounds, just getting a hand in a jump shooter's face, something) and turn these L's into W's. I am as hacked as anyone and have been vocal about my thoughts, right or wrong - they are just my thoughts and observations, about this team.

I much prefer watching this team as to the last two teams they have put on the floor. It was like watching paint dry. I can watch these guys - at least it is an exciting game. We actually score. We just let the other team score too much :)
11-05-2009 05:51 PM
TiggerFan Offline
See Ya, Albert

I Root For: US NAVY

Donators
They are pacing themselves.
11-05-2009 05:53 PM
Advertisement

BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-05-2009 05:53 PM)TiggerFan Wrote:  They are pacing themselves.

one thing is for sure they are 'managing expectations' ...

I have not heard one stupid azxz comment about winning 40 games since the season started. :(
11-05-2009 06:00 PM
beava34 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rationality
Battier for Gay. Looked good at the time, but I'd take Shane back in a heartbeat so that we wouldn't trade baskets all night.
11-05-2009 06:19 PM
tigers311 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Truth
they have to player harder on d, and stop complaining to the refs when they dont get calls
11-05-2009 06:34 PM
jtgavigan Offline
Special Teams

(11-05-2009 06:00 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  
(11-05-2009 05:53 PM)TiggerFan Wrote:  They are pacing themselves.

one thing is for sure they are 'managing expectations' ...

I have not heard one stupid azxz comment about winning 40 games since the season started. :(

ummm...see above... my comment about .500 means 41-41. I think they will get better. if they play a lick of defense, which I am banking on the fact that they all get pissed and start manning up (we will never be Boston obviously, but two more stops a quarter is 16 points and we win with that).

I really think they will get better on D. They will never be good, but at least good enough to win some games. Maybe i am just a sunshine pumper but there is way too much talent on this team to lose this much.
11-05-2009 10:35 PM
Tanyaskees Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-05-2009 06:19 PM)beava34 Wrote:  Battier for Gay. Looked good at the time, but I'd take Shane back in a heartbeat so that we wouldn't trade baskets all night.

Yep. Throw in Mike Miller too please 03-cloud9
11-05-2009 10:42 PM
Advertisement

jtgavigan Offline
Special Teams

(11-05-2009 10:42 PM)Tanyaskees Wrote:  
(11-05-2009 06:19 PM)beava34 Wrote:  Battier for Gay. Looked good at the time, but I'd take Shane back in a heartbeat so that we wouldn't trade baskets all night.

Yep. Throw in Mike Miller too please 03-cloud9

Yeah, we need another guy who can't stay in front of my 7 year old. :) we need at least one or two guys who can defend. We've got some guys who can put it in the hole...
11-05-2009 10:48 PM
dsluder11 Offline
Bench Warmer

Why are you so against the grizzlies? There are only 29 other cities in the world that have an NBA team. We get to watch the best players in the world 41 times a year in one best arenas. Why would you want them to leave. Would you be wanting the tigers to leave because they didnt win all the time?
11-06-2009 11:37 AM
ByrdDogX Offline
Mmmmm, Bacon.

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Article in CA today says the focused on defense in practice, trying to get to the basic principles. Its obvious they can score some points with whats on the floor. Hell, they can even rebound better than they have in the last 9 years - but doesn't do a bit of good if they can't play defense. From what I've see they could just as easily be 4-1 if they could put any kind of defense together in a game.
11-06-2009 11:48 AM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(11-06-2009 11:37 AM)dsluder11 Wrote:  

Why are you so against the grizzlies? There are only 29 other cities in the world that have an NBA team. We get to watch the best players in the world 41 times a year in one best arenas. Why would you want them to leave. Would you be wanting the tigers to leave because they didnt win all the time?

yep - very hard to understand. I quit trying a long time ago. I think it has something to do with the belief that they take attention away from the football team. Cause they sure do help with basketball recruiting and facilities.

BTW, wonderful picture of the Fedex Forum. Best one I've ever seen.
11-06-2009 11:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.