Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
C-USA Bowl Agreements (Relevant to BE)
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
C-USA Bowl Agreements (Relevant to BE)
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/c-us...elease.pdf

St. Pete Bowl will remain Big East v. C-USA.
11-03-2009 12:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT
RE: C-USA Bowl Agreements (Relevant to BE)
Basicaaly waiting for sec to fianlize now. My guess is BE is also staying with pizza bowl. Have no clue if toronto is still in picture.

bcs
champ v acc3
muffler v acc6
new york v b127/ND
pizza v sec9 - possible sec8 - 2 of 4 yrs?
st pete v cusa - only bowl before christmas

toronto?
11-03-2009 04:40 PM
Find all posts by this user
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
(11-03-2009 04:40 PM)TIGER-PAUL Wrote:  Basicaaly waiting for sec to fianlize now. My guess is BE is also staying with pizza bowl. Have no clue if toronto is still in picture.

bcs
champ v acc3
muffler v acc6
new york v b127/ND

toronto?

That looks about right, hopefully the PJ.com bowl will rotate among SEC 7-9 as was being discussed, because they won't have a #9 some years.
11-03-2009 05:36 PM
quo vadis Online
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(11-03-2009 12:53 PM)mattsarz Wrote:  http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/c-us...elease.pdf

St. Pete Bowl will remain Big East v. C-USA.

Not good (from a Big East perspective), but not surprising, either.
11-03-2009 06:21 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
As long as that bowl is played in Tropicana field and they dont add sideline seats in one side , is going to suck because many seats will not be good for watching a football game
11-03-2009 06:34 PM
TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT
hopefully it can be improved somehow. Don't know really any other options for what is now BE6, except toronto. Not totally a done deal yet though. Same with pizza.
11-03-2009 08:56 PM
Advertisement

CyberBull Offline
Heisman

From the St Pete Bowl game point of view, the affiliation is a good one b/c they have a great opportunity to geteither a USF or UCF which would automatically sell 90% of their tickets like happened last year.

If they put some effort into this bowl game it could grow into a nice game. Like Cuban said....they need to get temporary bleachers and they need to do a better job promoting the game.

From an out of state player's point of view you can't beat Tampa Bay in late December! No classes to worry about and nothing but fun and sun!
11-03-2009 09:01 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-03-2009 08:56 PM)TIGER-PAUL Wrote:  hopefully it can be improved somehow. Don't know really any other options for what is now BE6, except toronto. Not totally a done deal yet though. Same with pizza.

Toronto would be BE #7, not BE 6.
11-03-2009 10:59 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I was really hoping they would lure a BCS team in to St Pete. Oh well....
11-03-2009 11:00 PM
claytonbigsby Offline
Banned

I Root For: the movement
(11-03-2009 06:34 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  As long as that bowl is played in Tropicana field and they dont add sideline seats in one side , is going to suck because many seats will not be good for watching a football game

+2
11-03-2009 11:24 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Tropicana needs USF or UCF in it 2/3 of the time or it won't make it as a bowl. If you would have gotten the big 12 #8, and USF was winning enough to be in the bcs, Champs, or charlotte most years, this bowl would be toast.
11-04-2009 07:20 AM
Advertisement

panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
(11-03-2009 05:36 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  
(11-03-2009 04:40 PM)TIGER-PAUL Wrote:  Basicaaly waiting for sec to fianlize now. My guess is BE is also staying with pizza bowl. Have no clue if toronto is still in picture.

bcs
champ v acc3
muffler v acc6
new york v b127/ND

toronto?

That looks about right, hopefully the PJ.com bowl will rotate among SEC 7-9 as was being discussed, because they won't have a #9 some years.

Better get the payments up for the Pizza and St Pete Bowls. I read where the Pizza was going to 1.2 mil which would be good. Toronto out pays both at 750K. The BE should sign as the primary for the International Bowl against a MAC team in case the conference needs it 1 of 4 years for the year that ND might take the Champs Bowl and a BE 6&6 team needs a place to go. Also use it as leverage giving them the opportunity to pick the 5th team if the other the Pizza or St. Pete do not raise their payouts. Right the International is putting 40k in the stands for the game, it pays more, it is a close venue for all the teams but USF, and the Rodgers Center is a great place to watch a game. The people there have the experience needed to put on a football game. They cater to the CFL and to the NFL (the Bills play one game a year there now) with class and no problems with temporary stands on the field. After sitting in the stadium with the dome closed I think it would be a mistake to walk away from this bowl at this time.
11-04-2009 08:25 AM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
(11-03-2009 06:34 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  As long as that bowl is played in Tropicana field and they dont add sideline seats in one side , is going to suck because many seats will not be good for watching a football game

The people running that bowl should go up to Toronto and see how to make a baseball stadium into a football venue. The Rogers Center is expanded to 45k for their CFL home games. I was told that they can reconfigure to 75k with temporary stands for the Bills when they come to town when I was there last summer.
11-04-2009 08:30 AM
Bearcat 1984 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati !!!
(11-04-2009 07:20 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  Tropicana needs USF or UCF in it 2/3 of the time or it won't make it as a bowl. If you would have gotten the big 12 #8, and USF was winning enough to be in the bcs, Champs, or charlotte most years, this bowl would be toast.

Disagree with that thinking. St Pete is a great destination and you will get people heading south for a little beach action from northerly destinations.

Over time this bowl should improve too. Possibly we'll see a new venue in Pinellas County at some point , upgraded opponents, etc. It's a very young bowl. You can't expect it to suddenly vault into a top bowl out of nowhere. That's unrealistic.

In general though I think there's a lot going for this bowl as a destination for any Big East school.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2009 08:37 AM by Bearcat 1984.)
11-04-2009 08:35 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(11-04-2009 08:35 AM)Bearcat 1984 Wrote:  
(11-04-2009 07:20 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  Tropicana needs USF or UCF in it 2/3 of the time or it won't make it as a bowl. If you would have gotten the big 12 #8, and USF was winning enough to be in the bcs, Champs, or charlotte most years, this bowl would be toast.

Disagree with that thinking. St Pete is a great destination and you will get people heading south for a little beach action from northerly destinations.

Over time this bowl should improve too. Possibly we'll see a new venue in Pinellas County at some point , upgraded opponents, etc. It's a very young bowl. You can't expect it to suddenly vault into a top bowl out of nowhere. That's unrealistic.

In general though I think there's a lot going for this bowl as a destination for any Big East school.

:iagree:

If 10,000 or so Cincy fans can go to Birmingham to watch them play Southern Miss, then I'm sure there'll be much more than that many who want to go to St. Pete.
11-04-2009 09:05 AM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
(11-04-2009 08:30 AM)panite Wrote:  

The people running that bowl should go up to Toronto and see how to make a baseball stadium into a football venue. The Rogers Center is expanded to 45k for their CFL home games. I was told that they can reconfigure to 75k with temporary stands for the Bills when they come to town when I was there last summer.

Not even close for the Bills. 55K max.
11-04-2009 10:16 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(11-04-2009 09:05 AM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  

If 10,000 or so Cincy fans can go to Birmingham to watch them play Southern Miss, then I'm sure there'll be much more than that many who want to go to St. Pete.
Mountaineer fans would come in droves. But they do that for every bowl game...
11-04-2009 10:57 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(11-04-2009 10:57 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
(11-04-2009 09:05 AM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  

Mountaineer fans would come in droves. But they do that for every bowl game...

OPne thing to remember...is that a Big East team to land in the St Pete bowl...that means they probably had a "bad" season (i.e. like last year's USF 2-5 Big East Team)...and normally, fans are not real excited to go to a pre-Christmas bowl game (Dec 19th) following a "bad" year.

But...the beaches of St Pete/Clearwater should still be a fun 'attraction' for any Big East fan planning to hit the FLA beaches before Christmas...as hotel rates are fairly reasonable and even almost CHEAP prior to Christmas.
11-04-2009 11:12 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Exactly right the teams in this bowl are going to be 6-6, 7-5 type teams with little excitement about the programs. You put that together with a 6-6, 7-5 type of opponent, played before Christmas, and travel isnt going to be very good. The closer you keep the teams to St pete the better. Ideally a 4 to 6 hour drive..
11-04-2009 04:02 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
I don't think The BEast will send a 7-5 or 6-6 team this year. We have 5 teams with 6 wins or more now, and there's still plenty of football to be played...
11-04-2009 04:44 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.