Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Black and Gold Game
Bookmark and Share
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Black and Gold Game
Who all plans to attend the event? I will be there. I may try to take some video of some highlights/dunks with my phone so we can some stuff on the board for KB.

The Owls Men's and Women's Basketball teams will be holding their annual Black and Gold Scrimmage on Wednesday, October 28th starting at 7 p.m. in the KSU Convocation Center!!

The first 500 fans will receive FREE Five Guys Burgers and Fries sponsored by KSU Housing.

Come out and get your first look at the 2009-10 Men's and Women's Basketball teams where they will be showing off their skills during a 15 minute running clock scrimmage.

Also, a special between scrimmage performance by your KSU Cheer and Dance Teams.

Scrappy Try Outs will be held after the scrimmages!!!

Women's Basketball Team starts at 7 p.m.
Men's Basketball Team starts shortly after
10-26-2009 04:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Go Fly Win Owls! Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
RE: Black and Gold Game
(10-26-2009 04:49 AM)kr983 Wrote:  The first 500 fans will receive FREE Five Guys Burgers and Fries sponsored by KSU Housing.

YUMMY! 5 Guyz!
10-26-2009 07:00 AM
Escalade2121 Offline
2nd String

I'd be there, but I already have tickets to the Hawks season opener at Philips Arena that night. I know it's just a scrimmage, and we can't really take anything of value from it but kr983 I expect to see a post for those of us that can't be there in person with any notable highlights.
10-26-2009 07:41 AM
Go Fly Win Owls! Offline
2nd String

(10-26-2009 07:41 AM)Escalade2121 Wrote:  I'd be there, but I already have tickets to the Hawks season opener at Philips Arena that night. I know it's just a scrimmage, and we can't really take anything of value from it but kr983 I expect to see a post for those of us that can't be there in person with any notable highlights.

Hawk game?

TRUE hoop fan!
10-26-2009 11:32 AM
Advertisement

KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
I look forward to reports from the event...almost a week away from our first exhibition game where we really start to get a look at the squad. Can't wait to hear how the black and gold game goes.
10-26-2009 01:17 PM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

I'm interested to see how Jay Mitchell looks. He came back too early last season and looked sluggish. But i assume most of that was because he wasnt fully healthy yet or in a rhythm
10-26-2009 02:32 PM
1st String

Offseason is everything. We won't really get a good look at how our team will perform this year, but it will be a good preview of who has been putting in the work in the offseason to get in shape, put on muscle, lose weight or put on weight depending on their need, etc...

It also should be good for some ridiculous highlight dunks during the warmup between Markeith, Kurtis, and Zadrian.
10-27-2009 08:24 AM
Advertisement

Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

(10-27-2009 08:24 AM)KennesawBasketball Wrote:  Offseason is everything. We won't really get a good look at how our team will perform this year, but it will be a good preview of who has been putting in the work in the offseason to get in shape, put on muscle, lose weight or put on weight depending on their need, etc...

It also should be good for some ridiculous highlight dunks during the warmup between Markeith, Kurtis, and Zadrian.

I saw Markeith when he was in highschool. And during the warmup layup drills i remember him doing 360's, reverses, 2 handed windmills and even a between the leg one. The great thing was they werent dunks, because dunking insnt permitted during warmups so he was doing those by just throwing the ball through the rim without actually touching the rim with his hand. he's got some crazy hops.
10-27-2009 10:44 AM
Corn_3024 Offline
Special Teams

I don't know how stiff the competition was.. but I think I remember reading that Markeith finished second in a high school dunk competition.
10-27-2009 01:02 PM
1st String

It is hard for me to believe that Markeith is a legit 230 pounds...it is one of three things...he is out of shape (which I find hard to believe), the weight listed is wrong (which I find most likely), or we have a 6'7" who has the physique of a 27 year old NBA player. I know Markeith is strong, but 230 is a lot of weight to carry around.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2009 05:44 PM by KennesawBasketball.)
10-27-2009 05:44 PM
Advertisement

Corn_3024 Offline
Special Teams

He was never small. He was listed at 210lbs earlier this year.. they went and updated ONLY his weight.. no idea as to why but I'd say he's a legit 220.
10-27-2009 05:50 PM
Go Fly Win Owls! Offline
2nd String

(10-27-2009 05:50 PM)Corn_3024 Wrote:  He was never small. He was listed at 210lbs earlier this year.. they went and updated ONLY his weight.. no idea as to why but I'd say he's a legit 220.

Gibson won't play tomorrow ....
10-27-2009 06:06 PM
1st String

I wasn't saying that Markeith was small. I knew he was big, but there is a big difference in 6'6" 210 and 6'6" 230...20 pounds is a ton of weight.
10-27-2009 08:10 PM
Advertisement

Corn_3024 Offline
Special Teams

I'm aware. I'm just saying he's probably somewhere in between. I just didn't understand why they only adjusted his weight... Surely other people put on or lost weight as well.
10-27-2009 08:32 PM
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I am ready to enjoy some five guys haha
10-28-2009 04:29 AM
1st String

Five guys would sound great now...except it is about 7 in the morning. Good point about not adjusting anyone else's weight...who knows what the SID department is doing :) Maybe we want to trick all the other teams into thinking that Markeith has been eating corn dogs all summer long.
10-28-2009 07:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.