Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Miss State @ MiddleTenn
Bookmark and Share
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
Miss State @ MiddleTenn
Middle Tennessee has a great crowd. Very loud and packed. Looks like both teams are evenly matched. Currently 10-3 Miss State.
10-17-2009 12:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Joel Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: FIU
RE: Miss State @ MiddleTenn
(10-17-2009 12:31 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  Middle Tennessee has a great crowd. Very loud and packed. Looks like both teams are evenly matched. Currently 10-3 Miss State.

Miss St. just scored again... 17-3 Bulldogs...
10-17-2009 12:38 PM
Franko Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Should've been 10 to 7. Why run the same play the 3rd time after it fails twice? Roll out and pass at least try something different. You need to score TD's when you have a chance against SEC teams, field goals will not keep you in these games usually.
10-17-2009 12:38 PM

MT is better than this...

I think MT should've gone for it on that 4th & Goal.
10-17-2009 12:43 PM

4 interceptions thrown by MT. 3 by Dasher. I bet TF can't wait to recruit his own QB for next season that can actually pass.
10-17-2009 02:48 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(10-17-2009 02:48 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  4 interceptions thrown by MT. 3 by Dasher. I bet TF can't wait to recruit his own QB for next season that can actually pass.

Dasher is either good or bad. For whatever reason, he was only good for 3 quarters out of the last 2 games.

FWIW, I think we were in on 1st and goal during that goal line stand. (so did the back judge). And that "push-off" had no push to it.

Either way, we lost. And because we let up 2 big plays, and didn't make any that counted on offense. We're still ahead of anyone's pre-season expectations. Just hope we perform in-conference from here on out.
10-17-2009 03:25 PM
Advertisement

theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-17-2009 03:25 PM)Raider_ATO Wrote:  
(10-17-2009 02:48 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  4 interceptions thrown by MT. 3 by Dasher. I bet TF can't wait to recruit his own QB for next season that can actually pass.

Dasher is either good or bad. For whatever reason, he was only good for 3 quarters out of the last 2 games.

FWIW, I think we were in on 1st and goal during that goal line stand. (so did the back judge). And that "push-off" had no push to it.

Either way, we lost. And because we let up 2 big plays, and didn't make any that counted on offense. We're still ahead of anyone's pre-season expectations. Just hope we perform in-conference from here on out.
well we know you didnt perform as well as LaTech in your big game against Miss St. What was the crowd like?
10-17-2009 04:24 PM
theboro Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(10-17-2009 04:24 PM)theATLDawg Wrote:  

well we know you didnt perform as well as LaTech in your big game against Miss St. What was the crowd like?

10-17-2009 05:09 PM
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-17-2009 05:09 PM)theboro Wrote:  

ohh so you bragged and bragged and bragged about how not only would you beat them but you would show LaTech what a sell out looked like. We had a hurricane and still had more people there than the MUTS. And Mufreesboro with all those people. Miss State fans do not get excited for the LaTechs and Muts. Memphis fans probably traveled better. we had a measley 3k from Miss. St. We will probably get more fan excitement from USM.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2009 05:32 PM by theATLDawg.)
10-17-2009 05:30 PM
theboro Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(10-17-2009 05:30 PM)theATLDawg Wrote:  

ohh so you bragged and bragged and bragged about how not only would you beat them but you would show LaTech what a sell out looked like. We had a hurricane and still had more people there than the MUTS. And Mufreesboro with all those people. Miss State fans do not get excited for the LaTechs and Muts. Memphis fans probably traveled better. we had a measley 3k from Miss. St. We will probably get more fan excitement from USM.
Yours was a late afternoon season opener. Ours was an 11:30 a.m. game and 40 degrees and raining.

We're averaging 26K a game this year, how about you? And Memphis brought about 1,000.

Keep dreaming.

BTW, if you're so much more elite than the SBC, then why is there a 30-plus page thread on the ASU-ULM game?
10-17-2009 06:39 PM
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
uuuhh Boro say what you want but we weren't even in school yet. Most students arrived the next day. Plus you might remember a certain hurricane tearing through south Louisiana that stopped all of our south Louisiana fans from coming in. And say what you want but you said you were going to show LaTech how to really sell out a Miss. State game and you were going to beat them. You didn't sell out and you didn't even get the crowd we got. And you can't blame your poor season because you have had some good wins this year and no reason to expect you couldn't pull this one out as well. You had momentum and what should have been crowd excitement. and most of the NLU thread was on either how unfortunate the rain was, how complete bs the fabricated 14k attendance was or how good they are playing. One whole thread on the page does not even mention ULM or anything of substance. I was just giving you shite and giving you the benifit of the doubt by mentioning that Miss State fans were obviously an overestimation for both of our hopes for a sellout. Miss State travels well to BCS schools but clearly don't want to spend the gas money to go to Ruston or the boro. Now we play them 4 more times in the next ten years so maybe there will be a little more interest on their part the next time they come to Ruston but last time most people wanted to spend their money on Atlanta for the GA Tech game and took a win against us for granted.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2009 07:30 PM by theATLDawg.)
10-17-2009 07:24 PM
Advertisement

MeanGreen61 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-17-2009 05:30 PM)theATLDawg Wrote:  

Some attendance numbers from this weeks games.

23,882 Muts v Miss. State
23,319 UNT v FAU
20,479 LaTech v NMSU

Some YTD averages (# home games in parenthesis)

25,994 Muts (2)
23,310 ULL (3)
22,349 Arkansas State (2)
20,780 North Texas (3)
20,479 LaTech (3)

Muts are beating LaTech on average attendance by over 5,000 and LaTech would be at 5th in the Belt04-jawdrop
10-17-2009 11:46 PM
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
It was your homecoming tonight wasn't it.. we have had consistently higher numbers this year which means its not just some flash fluke attendance figure that is overinflated by gimmick games. ie southern. It means that our fan base is growing and that is what is the most impressive part. No SEC school. no instate school that outnumbers us in our own stadium. Just plain ole conference games and Nichol St. and while our 20k tonight was more like 18. UNT's 20k was more like 15. over half your stadium was empty tonight. I watched it.
10-18-2009 12:26 AM
InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
(10-17-2009 07:24 PM)theATLDawg Wrote:  uuuhh Boro say what you want but we weren't even in school yet. Most students arrived the next day. Plus you might remember a certain hurricane tearing through south Louisiana that stopped all of our south Louisiana fans from coming in. And say what you want but you said you were going to show LaTech how to really sell out a Miss. State game and you were going to beat them. You didn't sell out and you didn't even get the crowd we got. And you can't blame your poor season because you have had some good wins this year and no reason to expect you couldn't pull this one out as well. You had momentum and what should have been crowd excitement. and most of the NLU thread was on either how unfortunate the rain was, how complete bs the fabricated 14k attendance was or how good they are playing. One whole thread on the page does not even mention ULM or anything of substance. I was just giving you shite and giving you the benifit of the doubt by mentioning that Miss State fans were obviously an overestimation for both of our hopes for a sellout. Miss State travels well to BCS schools but clearly don't want to spend the gas money to go to Ruston or the boro. Now we play them 4 more times in the next ten years so maybe there will be a little more interest on their part the next time they come to Ruston but last time most people wanted to spend their money on Atlanta for the GA Tech game and took a win against us for granted.

Actually, I read through most of the crap that was on those 30 pages. The vast majority was "juco" "terrible attendance" "ohh, the got turf after us" "QB not that good" and the general "we are so much better than "NLU ULM" etc. For a bunch of folks who are so much better and so friggin' "elite" you sure seem to take a bunch of interest in ULM and the SBC.

Typical arrogant bullpuppy....keep that elite dream alive stud and come on down and play that "juco" down the road. You will play Nicholls and Central Ark but won't play a D1 team within 30 miles.......must be just a bit nervous.
10-18-2009 12:40 AM
BlueRaiderFan111 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Yeah, "elite" La Tech just got a jumbotron this year.
10-18-2009 02:40 AM
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-18-2009 02:40 AM)BlueRaiderFan111 Wrote:  Yeah, "elite" La Tech just got a jumbotron this year.
yeah and its better than yours. By far
10-18-2009 12:31 PM
Advertisement

MeanGreen61 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-18-2009 12:26 AM)theATLDawg Wrote:  It was your homecoming tonight wasn't it.. we have had consistently higher numbers this year which means its not just some flash fluke attendance figure that is overinflated by gimmick games. ie southern. It means that our fan base is growing and that is what is the most impressive part. No SEC school. no instate school that outnumbers us in our own stadium. Just plain ole conference games and Nichol St. and while our 20k tonight was more like 18. UNT's 20k was more like 15. over half your stadium was empty tonight. I watched it.

Blah, blah, blah.............
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2009 12:40 PM by MeanGreen61.)
10-18-2009 12:36 PM
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
and you know what the difference between our board oh and say Ragin Pagin is. Once Ragin Pagin threads get past three pages they delete them from existence like they were never there. Just a little bit of control going on there. We let em roll on our board. And please both ULM and the MUTs go on and on with LaTech hatred on their boards. As a matter of fact the only team in the belt with fans that don't obsess with Tech is TROY. Sounds like they have better things to do. Thats the difference between a program that is a want to be and one that has arrived.
10-18-2009 12:39 PM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
Well, you know what they say...

If it looks like **** and smells like ****...don't obsess over it.
10-18-2009 12:42 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(10-18-2009 12:39 PM)theATLDawg Wrote:  and you know what the difference between our board oh and say Ragin Pagin is. Once Ragin Pagin threads get past three pages they delete them from existence like they were never there. Just a little bit of control going on there. We let em roll on our board. And please both ULM and the MUTs go on and on with LaTech hatred on their boards. As a matter of fact the only team in the belt with fans that don't obsess with Tech is TROY. Sounds like they have better things to do. Thats the difference between a program that is a want to be and one that has arrived.

ummm......don't believe you'll find too many la tech threads on haven. of course we're more geared to hoops and karl malone ain't walkin' through the door again in ruston. you guys used to have some badass teams way back in the day when you were in the belt with us but i honestly can't remember the last time i've every heard you mentioned in hoops.
10-18-2009 01:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.