Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cincy-USF thoughts
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Cincy-USF thoughts
Just got back home from the game.
First off congrats to UC, they deserved to win, they played well and didnt panic when Pike got hurt.
I think that losing Pike in this game actually helped UC because it was obvious that USF had a good gameplan on Pike and except for one drive had him under control. The new QB was quick and elusive and USF didnt adapt and paid the price.
I think UC will do fine without Pike vs Cuse and UL but will need him back for WV,Pitt and UConn.
It will be interesting to see how our team reacts in our next two games both Pitt and WV are tough matchups and the Bulls could lose both and the midseason slump talk will grow. I think we are also capable of beating both but not how we played in second half last night.
Daniels is still learning and while elusive and always looking for the big play, there were a few times that I thought he could have ran for first down and instead threw deep and didnt connect. I think he will get better as he plays more.
Overall I thought it was a good game were Cincy capitalized on their opportunities while USF did not and once again shot itself with bad penalties.
I finally think that while UC is the top team in the league right now, they are also capable of being beaten by WV,Pitt and UConn so while in the lead for BE title its far from over.
10-16-2009 02:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: Cincy-USF thoughts
I'll say this much, the kid that wore #10 last night is going to be a target. I forget who was wearing it last night. But you know both Pitt and WVU are going to go at him. He'd better improve his play, or he's going to kill you guys - unless he gets benched first...
10-16-2009 02:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bww Offline
McCuse

I Root For: Bearcats
He'll be wearing #3 for now on.
10-16-2009 02:48 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
May God have mercy on his soul - if Stull has a field day on him...
10-16-2009 03:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
On his defense I would say that he has NOT played a bad game as he did last night. So we shall see if it happens again or not.
The bottomline is that even with all that crap if our WR had held on to that long TD pass we would had been down 1 TD with 7 minutes left or had we not just totally screw that 3rd and 11 that the back up QB runs 80+ yds for a TD we are in it.
Yes he needs to play better but I think our offense has to do a smarter job at keeping posession.
10-16-2009 03:18 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(10-16-2009 02:36 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  I'll say this much, the kid that wore #10 last night is going to be a target. I forget who was wearing it last night. But you know both Pitt and WVU are going to go at him. He'd better improve his play, or he's going to kill you guys - unless he gets benched first...

Yes, he was terrible. Committed a couple bad penalties, one that led to a TD, and twice dropped INTs. We fumbled and bungled and he was at the center of it.
10-16-2009 07:29 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
I agree with you assessment CubanBull. Hopefully USF isn't dropped out of the Top 25 because they are a legit Top 25 team, but they probably will drop them out. If Pitt holds on against Rutgers and West Virginia handles a solid Marshall team, then maybe one or both of these teams will move into the Top 25.
10-16-2009 08:29 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
USF will be out. Last night will resonate with the voters who got burned by USF's crash and burn the last couple of years. My guess is one of the other BE teams will be in.
10-16-2009 08:39 PM
Stookey57 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UConn, BC
(10-16-2009 08:29 PM)CatsClaw Wrote:  I agree with you assessment CubanBull. Hopefully USF isn't dropped out of the Top 25 because they are a legit Top 25 team, but they probably will drop them out. If Pitt holds on against Rutgers and West Virginia handles a solid Marshall team, then maybe one or both of these teams will move into the Top 25.

congrats cat great win they represented the conf well, i think kelly likes it at cinci, but if nd comes calling ikes, he should stay for he has job security, he would have none at nd......

your boyz are big and strong gl.........
10-16-2009 08:43 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(10-16-2009 08:39 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  USF will be out. Last night will resonate with the voters who got burned by USF's crash and burn the last couple of years. My guess is one of the other BE teams will be in.

Once again your hate for USF is self evident. It really doesnt matter whether we drop out of top 25 or not. There are enough of the lower ranked teams like ND,GT,OU,SC that will all be underdogs this weekend if they all lose USF might hang around at #25. At the end of the day is next weekend game at Pitt that will decide wether USF stays in top 25 or not.
10-16-2009 08:56 PM
BullsBEAST Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF Bulls
no way we stay ranked, maybe if the game had been close, but we got blown out by their backup qb, we will be lucky to still have votes next week

im a huge usf fan, i was in the student section screaming until my voice was dead, and didnt leave until the game was completely over, but realistically we wont stay ranked

we will need to beat pitt to get back in

as bad as the loss was, if we beat pitt and wvu in the next 2 weeks, both will be ranked most likely, we could easily move up to 15-18 with those 2 wins

cincy should be top 5 imo
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2009 09:47 PM by BullsBEAST.)
10-16-2009 09:46 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
(10-16-2009 08:56 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  
(10-16-2009 08:39 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  USF will be out. Last night will resonate with the voters who got burned by USF's crash and burn the last couple of years. My guess is one of the other BE teams will be in.

Once again your hate for USF is self evident.or not.

Once again, recent history is just not on your side.
10-16-2009 10:52 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
(10-16-2009 10:52 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(10-16-2009 08:56 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  

Once again your hate for USF is self evident.or not.

Once again, recent history is just not on your side.

Ever heard of winning with class. It wasn't too long ago that Cincy was a bad program. I have no problem with enjoying a win and bragging a little. But comon dude. Every Cincy fan but you has class.
10-16-2009 10:57 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Whaddevah.
10-16-2009 10:58 PM
tj_2009 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse
Good game overall. I thought USF had trouble stopping the run in the second half. Perhaps they need to get some bigger Defensive Tackles like they do in the NFL to plug up the middle. Cincinnati was good but they did not really try to run much in the first half. They probably could have mixed up some play action passes to give Pike more time.
The Cincinnati defense was good. I think their plan to play coverage and no blitzes was effective as Daniels is a big time scrambler and a blitz might not be as effective against him versus a pocket passer.
10-17-2009 01:11 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Some of USF not stopping the run is, UC is a very good running team...Pead and Ramsey can run the ball. The media look at our rushing yards per game and assume we can't run the ball....NO. BK is pass happy and likes to pass more than run. When we run, we run. I wish we ran more to be honest to help with TOP. But lets not overlook the fact we have some good running backs and our oline is solid.

You can say, because we pass so much and so well it opens up the running game thus the success running the ball...maybe so, not sure but Pead is a runner.
10-17-2009 08:25 AM
Advertisement

RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
I think the judge of a good running team is can you run when the other team knows you're going to. Thursday night USF knew we were going to run when Pike went out and couldn't do anything about it.
10-17-2009 08:28 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(10-17-2009 08:28 AM)RealDeal Wrote:  I think the judge of a good running team is can you run when the other team knows you're going to. Thursday night USF knew we were going to run when Pike went out and couldn't do anything about it.

But that was my point . USF was ready for the UC running game with Pike as QB. When your new QB came in it added the extra dimnsion of him running the ball, he was he one that killed us running the ball. It was that new dimension that hurt us. Anyways that game is done.
Pitt is a run first team, so we see how USF plays against them
10-17-2009 10:01 AM
MiamiBull2 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: South Florida
My honest opinion, UC is not a top 5 nor top 10 team. That is just my opinion.
10-17-2009 11:37 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(10-17-2009 11:37 AM)MiamiBull2 Wrote:  My honest opinion, UC is not a top 5 nor top 10 team. That is just my opinion.

I do think they are a top 10 team. They have a good QB in Pike and explosive Wrs. Their defense is good and they play well under control. Can they be beat? Yes but you can say that about every team.
10-17-2009 11:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.