Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
K-thorpe is out according to our Scout premium board
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
K-thorpe is out according to our Scout premium board
Its leaking over to free board, because there were 71 people chatting which means something huge. Turns out info got to the board that he is out within a week up to a couple of weeks, and Strong and Tuberville are the two targets. I am not a premium guy just reading our free site as well reading a thread from UK rivals board.

Cardinal Jim, you seem to be in the know, you hear this tonight as well? It says former UL player and current UL employee as source.
10-05-2009 11:41 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
RE: K-thorpe is out according to our Scout premium board
Great news for your program but I do have a question if this is true. Will this be a lame duck year or is he out the door right now.
10-06-2009 01:10 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
If it is true, get rid of coach K now and get the new coach in before another school decides to fire their coach. Might as well start now and keep a couple of assistants to keep things consistent.
10-06-2009 01:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
UofL07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
Not saying that that information isn't noteworthy, but I remember last year many "insiders" and premium board members claiming that TJ was going to fire Krags. And here we are, year three of the nation wide failthorpe tour presented by AIG.
10-06-2009 02:08 AM
goodknightfl Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
A friend of a friend told a friend of mine that actually they are giving Krags a 3 year extension. Want to make sure he has time to turn it around. 03-nutkick 03-lmfao
10-06-2009 06:54 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
you know...that's weak if true. Why do it now, MID SEASON!?!?!? IF they were going to do this, they needed to do it at the end of last year, get a new coach in there, fresh ideas, install his system in spring/fall practice, camps, etc. and then at least by now, you've got half a season with new coach under your belt, and no distractions?!?!?!

This is as lame as firing Huggins TWO WEEKS before the initial Big East season.......unbelieveable.
10-06-2009 06:59 AM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(10-06-2009 06:59 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  you know...that's weak if true. Why do it now, MID SEASON!?!?!? IF they were going to do this, they needed to do it at the end of last year, get a new coach in there, fresh ideas, install his system in spring/fall practice, camps, etc. and then at least by now, you've got half a season with new coach under your belt, and no distractions?!?!?!

This is as lame as firing Huggins TWO WEEKS before the initial Big East season.......unbelieveable.

If he is really out, you probably wont hear anything until Louisville gets to 7 losses, and its impossible to go bowling. If Jurich and kragthorpe are friends, that may be the way that things go down, where it would appear that he is really trying to give Krags a chance. And you are right, it would be silly to fire him right now.
10-06-2009 07:07 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
You can set your watch to it. Once the fanbase is done, the "sources close to the program" threads come slithering out from under the rocks. The UL boards look just like the Memphis boards this week.
10-06-2009 07:20 AM
dbacard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
(10-06-2009 07:20 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  You can set your watch to it. Once the fanbase is done, the "sources close to the program" threads come slithering out from under the rocks. The UL boards look just like the Memphis boards this week.

Agree with Rath on this one. There are more "inside sources" than fans apparently 01-wingedeagle
10-06-2009 08:14 AM
Sandiss Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Georgetown
Schools looking for new coaches:

UofL (possible)
Florida State (possible)
Maryland (possible)
Memphis (possible)
Colorado (possible)
Washington State (possible)

If FSU does not give the job to Fisher, they will be coming hard for Tubs according to some of their fans. UofL will need to act fast if they want Tubs. Strong is also a good candidate as well. Fulmer's name is being thrown around for the other HC positions as well.
10-06-2009 08:28 AM
PGPirate Offline
Regulator

I Root For: East Carolina
I thought Jimbo is HC-in-waiting.
10-06-2009 08:40 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(10-06-2009 07:07 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(10-06-2009 06:59 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  you know...that's weak if true. Why do it now, MID SEASON!?!?!? IF they were going to do this, they needed to do it at the end of last year, get a new coach in there, fresh ideas, install his system in spring/fall practice, camps, etc. and then at least by now, you've got half a season with new coach under your belt, and no distractions?!?!?!

If he is really out, you probably wont hear anything until Louisville gets to 7 losses, and its impossible to go bowling. If Jurich and kragthorpe are friends, that may be the way that things go down, where it would appear that he is really trying to give Krags a chance. And you are right, it would be silly to fire him right now.
It would be silly to fire Kragthorpe now. If UofL had really desired a winning season, the time to fire Kragthorpe was BEFORE the season started. But since they wanted to see what life was like in year 3 of this regime, they should experience it in full...
10-06-2009 09:12 AM
Sandiss Offline
2nd String

There are too many chiefs at FSU, some of their administration believe the entire staff should go including Bobby, Jimbo, Amato, Andrews, and others. There seems to be a lot of chaos on the coaching staff and too many chiefs. If FSU does not hire Jimbo, they would owe him $5 million, but it is something the FSU boosters could easily raise to get another HC such as Tubs.

If UofL somehow makes it to a bowl game, does SK keep his job? Should UofL fans want their team to lose out or show improvement? Losing out will just put UofL behind the 8-ball in terms of rebuilding and recruiting, for at least 2, 3, or 4 years. Going to a bowl game will just prolong the SK experiment. UofL is really in a no win situation.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2009 09:20 AM by Sandiss.)
10-06-2009 09:18 AM
Brick City Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For:
If the UNC win was just a blip on the radar, I suspect Virginia will have an opening.
10-06-2009 09:18 AM
TexanMark Online
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
UofL (possible)
Florida State (possible)
Maryland (possible)
Memphis (possible)
Colorado (possible)
Washington State (possible)

For Prestige: FSU is tops, Colorado/Maryland/Louisville in the next tier, then Wazzu then Memphis

If Louisville currently wants a guy who is unemployed, the quicker they fire Krags the better. However, if you want someone who is employed right now...look for a mid November firing at the earliest. This doesn't mean to say a proxy for UL isn't already talking to prospects right now while they are still employed in another program.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2009 09:20 AM by TexanMark.)
10-06-2009 09:20 AM
Sandiss Offline
2nd String

(10-06-2009 09:18 AM)Brick City Pirate Wrote:  If the UNC win was just a blip on the radar, I suspect Virginia will have an opening.

If UVA gets rid of AG, Mike London, HC at the University of Richmond would be the top candidate. London can recruit and coach. He is an up-and-coming coach whose stock continues to go up. He made several recruiting coups recently, getting recruits to choose UR over schools like UVA, Maryland, Madison, Texas A&M, and others.
10-06-2009 09:29 AM
Advertisement

dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
Sooner the better to get rid of Krags. Our fanbase has become fickle, and will not show up to games like normal if he continues to coach. If you want to see an invurgated fanbase again and show up to spend $$$ then you should do it now, and if TT is the clear #1 then we should try to lock him up before others come talking.

TJ and Krags are supposedly friends from the past, however, Steve has said he will never resign, which means he is making a business decision of his own to get fired and collect the buyout money. So TJ could go cold on his friendship since Krags made his job alot more difficult, TJ may have to tell Krags nothing personal, but you've got to go now rather than end of season, to get my football program back on track. If that happens Brent Guy can coach the rest of the season, if he doens't want it, and the staff clears out, give it to Jeff Brohm or TJ can coach the team for all I care. Those saying midseason is bad, yes and no, it rarely happens, but at this point there is nothing to gain and $$$ to lose.
10-06-2009 09:45 AM
bluesox Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Lville could throw some $'s at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Harbaugh

i'd guess al davis might try to hire him soon though
10-06-2009 09:50 AM
swash Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Carolina
(10-06-2009 09:18 AM)Sandiss Wrote:  There are too many chiefs at FSU, some of their administration believe the entire staff should go including Bobby, Jimbo, Amato, Andrews, and others. There seems to be a lot of chaos on the coaching staff and too many chiefs. If FSU does not hire Jimbo, they would owe him $5 million, but it is something the FSU boosters could easily raise to get another HC such as Tubs.

If UofL somehow makes it to a bowl game, does SK keep his job? Should UofL fans want their team to lose out or show improvement? Losing out will just put UofL behind the 8-ball in terms of rebuilding and recruiting, for at least 2, 3, or 4 years. Going to a bowl game will just prolong the SK experiment. UofL is really in a no win situation.

I think FSU will clear house, but keep Jimbo and let him bring in a new crew. Getting rid of him would be silly. $5 million is a lot to shell out in one year...I don't care who you are...especially when you look at bringing in a new coach for $3 million, and paying off Bobby and his coordinators...another $2-3 million. FSU has got some money, but times are a little tight to throw $10+ million out there. They ain't the SEC.

I think Jimbo stays and tells Mickey and Chuck to hit the road with Bobby. Seems a lot of the "issues" down there have centered around Jimbo's inability to get the personnel he wants, cause papa Bowden wants to keep his people in place. That's gonna have to change on way or another.
10-06-2009 09:57 AM
BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
It seems all but certain that Fisher will get the FSU job (supposedly a 5 year contract), so you can cross FSU off the list.
10-06-2009 09:59 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.