Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GVSU = Arrogant Azzholes
MyLeftNut Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Oklahoma State
GVSU = Arrogant Azzholes
Posted on the GVScc MLive board regarding the MAC:

http://www.mlive.com/forums/lakers/

the only thing "meaningful" in intercollegiate athletics is NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. Not conference championships or bowl games etc. In the NCAA there are only three national championships in each sport, Div 1, Div 2 and Div 3. Since Grand Valley doesn't have the resources to compete with the B10 etc, they elect to compete for national championships in Div 2. The MAC, Eastern, Central and Western competing for conference championships and and occasional MCB game in football are a JOKE Igor, a JOKE. GVSU does not want to be the JOKE that the MAC is; get it? GVSU is "meaningful" and competitive in intercollegiate athletics.
09-29-2009 10:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
RE: GVSU = Arrogant Azzholes
Wow, playing in front of 4,000 fans with open, pullout bleachers and thumbing your nose at the MAC. Interesting.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2009 10:36 AM by DesertBronco.)
09-29-2009 10:36 AM
bronco5 Offline
Banned

I Root For: GATechSwagger
Let them have their meaningless National Championships. I'll gladly take a win over Illinois, Iowa, Virginia, any BCS school and/or bowl game contender any day before winning a National Championship in that division.
09-29-2009 10:38 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Small time thinking - they specialize in it up there.
09-29-2009 11:53 AM
Advertisement

GEORGEWINS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU
I don't think all GVSUers think this way, but this guy sure is a fool.
09-29-2009 12:07 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Saying this is like announcing that you are proud to be the tallest midget in the circus.
09-29-2009 12:22 PM
broncos24 Offline
All American

(09-29-2009 10:36 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Wow, playing in front of 4,000 fans with open, pullout bleachers and thumbing your nose at the MAC. Interesting.

GVSU is normally drawing 10-13K which is phenomenal for a D2 school, however, they are probably the biggest D2 school in terms of enrollment.

With that said, GVSU gets their "stars" from guys who can't even hack it at a MAC school
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2009 03:37 PM by broncos24.)
09-29-2009 03:36 PM
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
Big deal, know your place and like it. It would be like us saying that we're a better program than Colorado because they haven't played for a national championship.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2009 04:06 PM by DesertBronco.)
09-29-2009 04:06 PM
westernwilly Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army
To be honest, I never even knew that GVSU played football or that there was a DII national championship game untill I first seen you guys talking about it on this sight a couple of years ago. I have yet to find a single person that knows of or cares that GVSU has won the DII national championship or for that matter, that there even is a DII national championship.
If you think about it, the DII national championship is esentually a compitition to see who is the best loser. The teams are comprised of players not good enough to get 1a or even 1aa scholarships hence making them losers to the kids that did get onto those teams. Why would anybody get more excited about seeing a team of players that did not even qualify as bench warmer for WMU battle it out in a championship game with another team full of players that could not even be waterboys at Northwestern?
09-29-2009 04:18 PM
BrewtownBronco Offline
2nd String

(09-29-2009 10:33 AM)MyLeftNut Wrote:  Posted on the GVScc MLive board regarding the MAC:

http://www.mlive.com/forums/lakers/

the only thing "meaningful" in intercollegiate athletics is NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. Not conference championships or bowl games etc. In the NCAA there are only three national championships in each sport, Div 1, Div 2 and Div 3. Since Grand Valley doesn't have the resources to compete with the B10 etc, they elect to compete for national championships in Div 2. The MAC, Eastern, Central and Western competing for conference championships and and occasional MCB game in football are a JOKE Igor, a JOKE. GVSU does not want to be the JOKE that the MAC is; get it? GVSU is "meaningful" and competitive in intercollegiate athletics.

Arrogant??? More like ignorant. GVSU is an afterthought outside of Kent County.
09-29-2009 07:20 PM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
DII is what it is. I personally think it is a good, entertaining level of football, with, in most cases committed student athletes. I graduated from Western, and I certainly would be devastated if we ever lost our DI status. However, I think it is unfair to disparage DII or DIII schools simply because some goofball claims GV is playing more meaningful games than MAC schools.

I, like most of the rest of you, have a mid-major chip on my shoulder; and am willing to assert to any B10 grad that I wouldn't change my experience at Western (athletics, academics, social,or any other) for four (or in my case five) years at a BCS school. A UM or MSU grad hears that and rolls his eyes when I say that, particularly when it comes to sports. However, you all know my assertion is legitimate.

I don't have a problem with a DII student or grad having a similar chip on his shoulder, nor do I have a problem with a GV student being proud of winning some championships. More power to them.

I would have a bigger issue with this particular braggart if he were posting his comments on our board. It sounds though like he is just thumping his chest among his own little friends.
09-29-2009 07:45 PM
steer Offline
1st String

Wait a minute... isn't GVSU really a Div 1AA (or whatever they are called) school disguised as Div II? They recruit 1AA talent and beat up on real Div II teams. If a Div 1AA school were to compete for GVSU recruits GVSU would fade to obscurity.
09-29-2009 09:05 PM
broncos24 Offline
All American

(09-29-2009 09:05 PM)steer Wrote:  Wait a minute... isn't GVSU really a Div 1AA (or whatever they are called) school disguised as Div II? They recruit 1AA talent and beat up on real Div II teams. If a Div 1AA school were to compete for GVSU recruits GVSU would fade to obscurity.

Essentially yes...as you can see below, not only do they have more than double the resources of any other competitive D2 school, they don't have an FCS team closer to them than Youngstown, OH

Just because I'm bored...D2football.com's Top 15 with enrollment
1 Grand Valley - 24,408
2 Abilene Christian - 4,838
3 North Alabama - 7,243
4 Central Washington - 10,188
5 Bloomsburg - 7,840
6 Northwest Missouri - 5,857
7 Texas A&M-Kingsville - 6,662
8 Minnesota State - 14,811
9 Minnesota-Duluth - 11,190
10 Missouri Western - 5,470
11 Tarleton State - 9,462
12 Albany State - 4,176
13 Saginaw Valley - 10,498
14 Ouachita Baptist - 1,448
15 Wayne State (NE) - 3,550
09-29-2009 09:44 PM
Advertisement

mac_helmets Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The MAC
The MAC, Eastern, Central and Western competing for conference championships and and occasional MCB game in football are a JOKE Igor, a JOKE. GVSU does not want to be the JOKE that the MAC is; get it? GVSU is "meaningful" and competitive in intercollegiate athletics.

GV's arrogance and ignorance are just too much to bear.

The person who said that probably paid zero attention to the fact the GV had beaten MSU in men's basketball. My guess is he couldn't mention that because GV needed transfers from the MAC in order to have a backup center and improve athleticism on the wing.

GV fans are like Spartan football fans, they spend lots of time whining. GV fans are like EMU fans as well, they badmouth anyone who is one-better.
09-30-2009 01:26 AM
BCBronco Offline
All American

I am surprised that any of you even find GVSU worth commenting on.
09-30-2009 05:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.