Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
A quote from our brilliant coach about the game against UK
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
A quote from our brilliant coach about the game against UK
and I quote, "the game is going to be very emotional and we're going to have to play with great emotion. But we're going to have to divorce ourselves from being too emotional."

Press conferences on Mondays here in the Ville are hilarious, frustrating, unsightful, emotional and yet not emotional to listen to
09-14-2009 08:04 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
RE: A quote from our brilliant coach about the game against UK
If Jurich refuses to fire Krag this year, he should go too. No offense intended, but he is being seriously stupid or stubborn at this point. With those extra seats going in at Papa John's, Louisville can ill afford to let the program slide any further.
09-14-2009 08:10 PM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(09-14-2009 08:04 PM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  and I quote, "the game is going to be very emotional and we're going to have to play with great emotion. But we're going to have to divorce ourselves from being too emotional."

Press conferences on Mondays here in the Ville are hilarious, frustrating, unsightful, emotional and yet not emotional to listen to

Hilarious.
09-14-2009 08:30 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
i'm emotional just reading it. not sure what the emotion is, but... still.
09-14-2009 08:34 PM
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Is it ok to cry. I'm just a little emotional right now. 03-hissyfit
09-14-2009 09:14 PM
Garmuck Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: South Florida
(09-14-2009 09:14 PM)animus Wrote:  Is it ok to cry. I'm just a little emotional right now. 03-hissyfit

I second that emotion.
09-14-2009 09:16 PM
Crimsonelf Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cardinals
(09-14-2009 08:04 PM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  and I quote, "the game is going to be very emotional and we're going to have to play with great emotion. But we're going to have to divorce ourselves from being too emotional."

03-shhhh This reminds me of the scene from the movie Primary Colors, where the candidate takes the stage, and the crowd is in a frenzy, and he tells them to calm down, get rid of their emotions, blah-blah, to the extent that in a short time people are drooling and practically falling asleep because the dude is such a bore.
09-14-2009 10:53 PM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
gosh I wish Petrino and Rich Rod were still here...along with BK and Schiano that's a great four leading the way....and the other coaches are no slouches either. But on a "name" basis.....Petrino, Rich Rod and BK would have been nice to have together.
09-14-2009 11:15 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
My emotion is disgust. I need to have plenty of it, but I have to make sure I divorce myself from it. The University of Louisville needs to divorce themselves from Steve Kragthorpe.
09-15-2009 06:00 AM
MichaelSavage Offline
Banned

I Root For: WVU, Nebraska
I remember a time when some claimed that Jurich was the best AD in the nation. You don't hear that anymore. What a colossal strikeout with the Kragthorpe hire.
09-15-2009 06:40 AM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
The thing is everything else is pure gold, hell even Women Basketball they did play for the NCAA Title and the Baseball team played in the College World Series.

I will give him a pass on this hire but he needs to make it right after the season. I hate to be right on this but I called this one after his first game and so did some other UofL fans. He is just an awful fit here.
09-15-2009 07:14 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
your ad doesn't want to fire K because in doing so, is admitting that he was a horrible hire...however the w-l is indicating this already and he's not seeing that...you have a case of The Emperor Has No Clothes right now.....Jurich needs to use his head and make the right decision on this.

Compounding issues, I know K cleaned house when he came, which may have been a direct order from Jurich, and as such, Jurich is having trouble firing him due to his own command that set the program back...

but either way, it's not working out.
09-15-2009 07:16 AM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
Kragthorpe was a hot commodity when Louisville hired him. It isn't as if Jurich went out on a limb for this one. The sad fact is that he is a bad fit for the Louisville position.
09-15-2009 07:19 AM
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

Yeah, that is true... didn't Kragthorpe turn down other jobs? I seem to remember him being up for the Colorado gig. Turns out the Buffs didn't get anything much better w/ Hawkins.
09-15-2009 08:36 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
If he went 12-1 last year, L-yes and some others would have probably been on here defending that statement & calling it profound.
09-15-2009 08:38 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Krag's speech puts me in mind of Yogi Berra more than anything else. He had a way of speaking that was his own, and unless you were on the same wavelength, the meaning of his statements was a mystery wrapped in an enigma...
09-15-2009 09:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.