UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Vince Young
non registered user Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Vince Young
That was the most amazing performance I have ever witnessed by a college football player.

Young is all the things Michael Vick is, and then he's all the things people wish Michael Vick would be. Just amazing. He's Randall Cunningham, Daunte Culpepper and Joe Montana all rolled into one ... geez (and he's not anywhere near his peak yet!)

The wrong guy won the Heisman Trophy, that's for sure. Vince was making two Heisman winners look ordinary (and Leinart had a GREAT game!)

He should turn pro immediately and be the No. 1 pick of the Texans, who then could trade David Carr for some linemen, or for draft picks to get some linemen (that big guard for Southern Cal would be a pretty good start)

I don't think I have ever seen a game with more talent on the field than last night's Rose Bowl.

And man, if Bush turns pro too, has there ever been a 1-2-3 at the top of the draft better than Young, Bush and Leinart? Wow ...
01-05-2006 08:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Re: Vince Young
Flying Mouse Wrote:That was the most amazing performance I have ever witnessed by a college football player.

Young is all the things Michael Vick is, and then he's all the things people wish Michael Vick would be. Just amazing. He's Randall Cunningham, Daunte Culpepper and Joe Montana all rolled into one ... geez (and he's not anywhere near his peak yet!)

The wrong guy won the Heisman Trophy, that's for sure. Vince was making two Heisman winners look ordinary (and Leinart had a GREAT game!)

He should turn pro immediately and be the No. 1 pick of the Texans, who then could trade David Carr for some linemen, or for draft picks to get some linemen (that big guard for Southern Cal would be a pretty good start)

I don't think I have ever seen a game with more talent on the field than last night's Rose Bowl.

And man, if Bush turns pro too, has there ever been a 1-2-3 at the top of the draft better than Young, Bush and Leinart? Wow ...

reggie bush still deserved the heisman. young had a better game, but bush had the better season.
01-05-2006 09:04 AM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs

I'll be happy as long as the Ravens don't get him. That way the Steelers won't have to play him twice a year. Last night was the 1st time I've seen him play a full game, and Randall Cunningham was the 1st player that came to mind.
01-05-2006 09:06 AM
Heisman

I Root For:
dfarr Wrote:
Flying Mouse Wrote:That was the most amazing performance I have ever witnessed by a college football player.

reggie bush still deserved the heisman. young had a better game, but bush had the better season.

Did he? Young led the nation in passing efficiency. And who was more valuable to their team? Would SC have gone unbeaten without Bush? I think they probably would have ... Would Texas have gone unbeaten without Young? No way ...

Last night also showed clearly who'll be the better pro ... Young and Leinart both will be bigger impact players in the NFL than Bush, IMO.
01-05-2006 09:11 AM
UABwalker156 Offline
Special Teams

The problem with the heisman trophy is that it is given out prior to any bowl performances. I think that VY would have won the Heisman if it were tomorrow. No disrespect to Bush.
01-05-2006 09:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cccj Offline
1st String

The only knock on Young is that he is in shotgun,spead offence. Most pros want a pro style quarterback who is under center. Now I'm not saying he's not going to be good, but he might have trouble.
01-05-2006 09:14 AM
Advertisement

dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

Flying Mouse Wrote:
dfarr Wrote:

Did he? Young led the nation in passing efficiency. And who was more valuable to their team? Would SC have gone unbeaten without Bush? I think they probably would have ... Would Texas have gone unbeaten without Young? No way ...

Last night also showed clearly who'll be the better pro ... Young and Leinart both will be bigger impact players in the NFL than Bush, IMO.

no way in hell that usc goes undefeated w/o bush. they lose to notre dame, fresno state, and probably one more. bush is a triple threat on offense. vince young was the best qb in the nation, but bush was the best player. the only game that texas loses w/o young is probably the ohio state game. the rest of their schedule wasnt too impressive w/ the big 12 not having a great year.
01-05-2006 09:21 AM
Heisman

I Root For:
dfarr Wrote:
Flying Mouse Wrote:
dfarr Wrote:

no way in hell that usc goes undefeated w/o bush. they lose to notre dame, fresno state, and probably one more. bush is a triple threat on offense. vince young was the best qb in the nation, but bush was the best player. the only game that texas loses w/o young is probably the ohio state game. the rest of their schedule wasnt too impressive w/ the big 12 not having a great year.

Well, I do know of one game Texas would have lost without Young -- last night. And Bush was so MIA last night that he might as well have been in San Francisco. He didn't do jack except cost USC the game.
01-05-2006 09:26 AM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

Flying Mouse Wrote:
dfarr Wrote:
Flying Mouse Wrote:
dfarr Wrote:

Well, I do know of one game Texas would have lost without Young -- last night. And Bush was so MIA last night that he might as well have been in San Francisco. He didn't do jack except cost USC the game.

agreed.
01-05-2006 10:48 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

Vince Young is the reason no one is questioning Pete Carroll for going for it on that 4th down instead of punting. Was there a question in anyone mind, exept maybe Keith Jackson's, that if Texas got the ball again, anywhere on the field, they'd score?
01-05-2006 10:51 AM
cccj Offline
1st String

this just in......Vince Young just broke another usc defenders tackle.
01-05-2006 10:58 AM
Advertisement

GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU

As an 'aints fan I was thinking "Draft Leinart" the whole way (either directly or by trade). If Young enters the draft (he may not) this becomes tough. I still think the Texans are gonna pick Bush. #2 pick becomes a question with Young, because the Saints need a passing quaterback. Young showed that he can do it all, but will he stay hardy with those bigger defensive players in the NFL? Vick is starting to fall apart, and you heard Baby Brown say that the best coaching to Vince is as little coaching as possible. I'm not sure that will work in the NFL. Young is unquestionably the #1 or #2 athlete in NCAA football (position depends on how strong your allegiance to Bush is), but is he a better passer than Leinart? Will Young's style work in the NFL? It becomes a huge gamble for one team.
01-05-2006 12:12 PM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

GreenMississippi Wrote:As an 'aints fan I was thinking "Draft Leinart" the whole way (either directly or by trade). If Young enters the draft (he may not) this becomes tough. I still think the Texans are gonna pick Bush. #2 pick becomes a question with Young, because the Saints need a passing quaterback. Young showed that he can do it all, but will he stay hardy with those bigger defensive players in the NFL? Vick is starting to fall apart, and you heard Baby Brown say that the best coaching to Vince is as little coaching as possible. I'm not sure that will work in the NFL. Young is unquestionably the #1 or #2 athlete in NCAA football (position depends on how strong your allegiance to Bush is), but is he a better passer than Leinart? Will Young's style work in the NFL? It becomes a huge gamble for one team.

young's upside is his size. he's a big qb like a culpepper, but probably faster than daunte. his throwing motion is ugly, but it sure gets the job done.
01-05-2006 02:16 PM
StunnerJR Offline
All American

I Root For:

GM: You're a Saints fan? The Siants have/had a pasing qb in Aaron Brooks. We all know that Brooks has played his last game in NO. I don't like that fact that Brooks is gone but, I like that Leinart will be taken by the Saints with the #2 pick.

Bush will still be taken #1 by Houston, VY's hometown. Houston has extended David Carr's contract and they are ready for Bush. Houston should pick an OL or take Bush and trade for other players. I don't feel that Bush can single handily make that team better without a supporting cast.

IMO, I feel that VY should stay one more year b/c there's a possibility that 7 qbs, Leinart,Hack,Bruce,Cutler,Croyle,Shockley and Hodges, could go in the 1st round or early 2nd.

VY CAN hang with those guys, but why not stick around for one more year and be the #1 pick next year?
01-05-2006 09:29 PM
Heisman

I Root For:

StunnerJR Wrote:GM: You're a Saints fan? The Siants have/had a pasing qb in Aaron Brooks. We all know that Brooks has played his last game in NO. I don't like that fact that Brooks is gone but, I like that Leinart will be taken by the Saints with the #2 pick

Bush will still be taken #1 by Houston, VY's hometown. Houston has extended David Carr's contract and they are ready for Bush. Houston should pick an OL or take Bush and trade for other players. I don't feel that Bush can single handily make that team better without a supporting cast.

IMO, I feel that VY should stay one more year b/c there's a possibility that 7 qbs, Leinart,Hack,Bruce,Cutler,Croyle,Shockley and Hodges, could go in the 1st round or early 2nd.

VY CAN hang with those guys, but why not stick around for one more year and be the #1 pick next year?

Because he's going to be the No. 1 pick this year.

If Young enters the draft, Houston will trade Carr for an OL and a draft pick. Houston will then take Young, have picked up a good lineman and added another draft pick somewhere in the late first or early 2nd round to add another good lineman.

New Orleans likely will trade the No. 2 pick for a stud and a pick somewhere in the 6-10 range, where they will draft LB AJ Hawk of Ohio State. If they don't use the trade to get a QB, I look for them to try to get Favre. Favre is finished in Green Bay, so if he is going to play, it will be elsewhere.
01-05-2006 09:46 PM
StunnerJR Offline
All American

I Root For:

Please... No Favre in NO! Favre is an onery SOB! He's holding the Packers hostage. He has refused to teach Rogers the ropes and he refused to do the same for Aaron Brooks. He's been in the NFL for a while and his career is ending. You would think that he would try to pass something along to the younger generation, but other than playing and being ordinary Favre ,he hasn't done so.

I still feel that Houston is set on Bush and VY will stay in UT. He wants that Heisman,plus immortality, and if he stays in UT and stays healthy then he has the award and #1 pick next year, in his back pocket.
01-05-2006 09:54 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

I Root For:

Houston is not set on Bush at all. They don't really want him, because he does them no good without a line. Houston is more likely to trade the pick than hang on to it, UNLESS Vince Young is available.

If Young does not go pro (unlikely, considering he WOULD be the No. 1 pick), then Houston would trade down to No. 3 or No. 4 and draft the big lineman from Virginia, which is their real need, while adding some more picks or an established veteran starter in the process.
01-05-2006 09:58 PM
PourOnTheHeat Offline
The Stongest Man in the World

StunnerJR Wrote:He has refused to teach Rogers the ropes and he refused to do the same for Aaron Brooks. He's been in the NFL for a while and his career is ending. You would think that he would try to pass something along to the younger generation, but other than playing and being ordinary Favre ,he hasn't done so.

That's not his job. If those guys want to know something, they'd ask and he'd answer. It's not Favre's (nor any QB's) responsibility to make sure his backups are ready to play.
01-05-2006 10:04 PM
LovinDaBlazers Offline
2nd String

I Root For: the Blazers

Folding@NCAAbbs

StunnerJR Wrote:He wants that Heisman,plus immortality, and if he stays in UT and stays healthy then he has the award and #1 pick next year, in his back pocket.

My concern if I'm Vince Young is if something happens and I'm injured...take a look at Demario. If that happens to Vince, he's no longer a #1 pick (possibly not even 1st round), no longer a Heisman candidate, and there's no way that he would be as attractive a player as he is this year. He's already won the National Championship with a performance that many feel is the best of all time...why not move on to the NFL rather than 'chance' staying at UT?

Just my opinion, and as much as I would love to have as much money as he is going to have in his future, I would hate to have to make that decision in the next week or so.
01-05-2006 10:04 PM
LovinDaBlazers Offline
2nd String

I Root For: the Blazers

Folding@NCAAbbs

Favre in NO would be interesting simply because his family is from South Mississippi...I wonder if he would consider being a NO Saint since it would mean that he could be close to his family.
01-05-2006 10:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.