Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Coach Kelly's vote for coaches' poll
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
Coach Kelly's vote for coaches' poll
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...innati.com

Why don't rest of the coaches publish their polls? Oh wait, that way they might have to answer why they keep voting for the names on the front of the jerseys and their own conferences. Either make it public or do away with this stupid poll. I don't think most coaches even bother to watch any other team play other than the ones on the schedule. Well I know they don't.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2009 07:06 PM by SF Husky.)
08-24-2009 05:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: Coach Kelly's vote for coaches' poll
Tip of the cap to Coach Kelly.
08-24-2009 05:54 PM
Find all posts by this user
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
I love this guy's candor. Seems like a real great coach to play for!
08-24-2009 09:04 PM
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
Definitely a class move.
08-24-2009 09:14 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Classy guy... Thx for sharing.
08-25-2009 10:14 AM
Advertisement

Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
I like what Kelly wrote about taking the Coaches Poll seriously and it is great that he will have a GA help him with things he obviously has very little time to notice. That said, his ranking of Big East teams is part of the league's problem, and I have said this about other conference coaches as well.

Kelly should have ranked all three Big East teams in his poll five spots higher. Same goes for the league's other voting coaches in all likelihood. Pitt should have been 12th, WVU 17th, and Cincy 20th. Things are bad enough with other conference coaches voting our teams down. We must fight back.
08-26-2009 08:30 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
No. We should be systematic, logical, and honest with the voting, just like Kelly has done. We should also be very public with the voting, just like Kelly has done. I doubt it will shame the other coaches into anything. But at least it will show the rest of the nation that WE, at least, have some class - and aren't self-serving jerks like some coaches I could name in the SEC...
08-26-2009 10:25 AM
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
(08-26-2009 10:25 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  No. We should be systematic, logical, and honest with the voting, just like Kelly has done. We should also be very public with the voting, just like Kelly has done. I doubt it will shame the other coaches into anything. But at least it will show the rest of the nation that WE, at least, have some class - and aren't self-serving jerks like some coaches I could name in the SEC...

Your absolutely correct. I almost guarentee a Les Miles ballet to have 10 SEC schools in the top 12 with Texas and Oklahoma squeeking in. Then USC at 13, then PSU and Ohio St then the final 2 SEC schools. Then random schools to fill out the rest of the top 25.

Kelly did this the right way and it looks like Leavitt is following Kelly's lead. Hopefully the rest of the Big East coach's follow Kelly and Leavitt's lead and show their ballots and just maybe the nation does the same but I have my doubts.
08-26-2009 10:33 AM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
Note that Leavitt's ballot appeared due to a public records request. Wonder if Kelly was trying to get his ballot out in advance.
08-26-2009 10:44 AM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
It is not self-serving to rank Big East teams where they will be at the end of the season anyway. Whoever wins the league is going to be 12th or higher at the end of the year, regardless, so I see no reason not to start someone off in that spot even if that team gets jumped by another as the season goes along. Starting our teams off ridiculously low is an unnecessary insult to the conference and plays right into the hands of the ignorant media idiots who seem to have all their fondest hopes invested in coming up with ways to falsely ridicule the Big East this season. Our coaches should be ranking our teams as high as believably possible and there is no currently existing evidence that can prevent me from believing that whoever wins the Big East will not be ranked at least 12th, with two other teams in the Top 25, when all the dust clears at the end of the year.
08-26-2009 10:45 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.