Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Neck
Bookmark and Share
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Neck
Laughing my arse off at these delusional RustInites.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65259

Quote:Why wouldn't schools like UTSA, Texas State and GSU consider the jump to the big boys when they see guys like NLU, USL, NTU & MTSU particpate in the Sunbelt with D1-AA talent, budgets and attendance!!!!! They do not meet the minimum requirements, yet no one says anything! Even Sunbelt can have a champion with losing record and still participate in bowls games! WHy not, jump on that band wagon???? Who cares if they deserve it or not???

Quote:Look at it another way. LA Tech just drew 41K Tech fans to a bowl game in Shreveport against an NIU team with a 6-6 record.

QUESTION: How many CUSA teams could have drawn a genuine 41,567 fans to a bowl game 70 miles from their own campus for a matchup against a Northern Illinois team with a 6-6 record?

I guarantee you at least 10 of the 12 CUSA schools could NOT do it. USM didn't draw near as many to their New Orleans Bowl game this year. In fact, none of the the CUSA bowl teams drew that large a crowd in 2009, save for the Liberty Bowl matchup between Kentucky and East Carolina, which drew 56K, largely on the backs of Kentucky fans. (Not for a moment do I believe the reported Rice vs W Michigan numbers. They've been reported all over the map.)
06-24-2009 02:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
RE: Neck
Speaking of attendance....

Let's look at Loser Tech's home attendance.....keep in mind, this was a banner year for their program.

12,400 (nice rounded figure.....eh?)
20,300 (another one)

* Espn doesn't list attendance for the Miss St game.
06-24-2009 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

Maybe they have painted Tech fans on their tarps, Indy Bowl included.
06-24-2009 02:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(06-24-2009 02:41 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Speaking of attendance....

Let's look at Loser Tech's home attendance.....keep in mind, this was a banner year for their program.

12,400 (nice rounded figure.....eh?)
20,300 (another one)

* Espn doesn't list attendance for the Miss St game.

You can find the Miss St attendance on Miss State's web site. Don't recall what it was other than it was less than ASU's for Southern Miss and I know Miss. St. brought more fans to the game than USM brought to ASU.
06-24-2009 03:25 PM
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
If we have a D1AA budget and attendance than they have a DIII Budget and attendance. I believe we have a bigger athletic budget, nicer facilities, and averaged more in attendance than they did last year.
06-24-2009 03:46 PM
MeanGreen61 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
We need to collectively forget about La Tech. They are a minor program with delusions of greatness. Just let um ride off into the sunset, set sail for wherever or gather in downtown Ruston to lie to each other about their greatness. Make any mention of La Tech a thing of the past.
06-24-2009 04:24 PM
Advertisement

johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(06-24-2009 03:25 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Don't recall what it was other than it was less than ASU's for Southern Miss and I know Miss. St. brought more fans to the game than USM brought to ASU.

25224 in attendance and MSU brought LESS than 1000. Don't forget to mention the hurricane and mandatory evacuations that went into effect the day of the game. After all was said and done, ASU outdrew Tech by 700. Tech won, ASU lost.
06-24-2009 08:18 PM
BlueRaiderFan111 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
(06-24-2009 08:18 PM)johnnylightnin Wrote:  
(06-24-2009 03:25 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Don't recall what it was other than it was less than ASU's for Southern Miss and I know Miss. St. brought more fans to the game than USM brought to ASU.

25224 in attendance and MSU brought LESS than 1000. Don't forget to mention the hurricane and mandatory evacuations that went into effect the day of the game. After all was said and done, ASU outdrew Tech by 700. Tech won, ASU lost.

No matter how you slice it, La Tech=Inflated Ego. You are not better than any team in the Sunbelt. You play in a conference that has more bowl tie ins and more money (for now), but that's it.
06-24-2009 09:42 PM
theboro Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

When an SEC not named Vanderbilt brings less than 1,000 people to a game at your campus, that's when you know your town sucks.
06-25-2009 09:25 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(06-24-2009 08:18 PM)johnnylightnin Wrote:  25224 in attendance and MSU brought LESS than 1000. Don't forget to mention the hurricane and mandatory evacuations that went into effect the day of the game. After all was said and done, ASU outdrew Tech by 700. Tech won, ASU lost.

Less than a 1,000? Your momma didn't raise you too well. The media estimated it was 3,500 Miss. St. fans and no one on BBB estimated less than 2,500 Miss.St. fans.

If you think Tech drew more for SEC member Miss St. (who had a shorter drive and was no where near the evacuation area) vs. Southern Miss who had fans who elected to evacuate to Jonesboro because they were in the storm path you are deluded and pathetic.

As to mandatory evacuations, there were none within 175 air miles of Ruston.
06-25-2009 09:50 AM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(06-25-2009 09:50 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(06-24-2009 08:18 PM)johnnylightnin Wrote:  25224 in attendance and MSU brought LESS than 1000. Don't forget to mention the hurricane and mandatory evacuations that went into effect the day of the game. After all was said and done, ASU outdrew Tech by 700. Tech won, ASU lost.

Less than a 1,000? Your momma didn't raise you too well. The media estimated it was 3,500 Miss. St. fans and no one on BBB estimated less than 2,500 Miss.St. fans.

If you think Tech drew more for SEC member Miss St. (who had a shorter drive and was no where near the evacuation area) vs. Southern Miss who had fans who elected to evacuate to Jonesboro because they were in the storm path you are deluded and pathetic.

arkstfan, you know anything about the Belt AD's confronting the I bowl rep at the spring meeting?
I heard he admitted a few things .......of course all it did was confirm our suspicions......05-mafia

Z
06-25-2009 10:22 AM
Advertisement

johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(06-25-2009 09:50 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Less than a 1,000? Your momma didn't raise you too well. The media estimated it was 3,500 Miss. St. fans and no one on BBB estimated less than 2,500 Miss.St. fans.

If you can't make a reply without a personal attack, I feel sorry for you. You used to be considered a logical poster by me and several folks on our board. Tirades and ad hominem "argumentation" like what is above have dealt your credibility a major blow. It's not just me Mark. Might be time to step back from the keyboard.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2009 10:59 AM by johnnylightnin.)
06-25-2009 10:55 AM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
(06-25-2009 10:55 AM)johnnylightnin Wrote:  
(06-25-2009 09:50 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Less than a 1,000? Your momma didn't raise you too well. The media estimated it was 3,500 Miss. St. fans and no one on BBB estimated less than 2,500 Miss.St. fans.

If you can't make a reply without a personal attack, I feel sorry for you. You used to be considered a logical poster by me and several folks on our board. Tirades and ad hominem "argumentation" like what is above have dealt your credibility a major blow. It's not just me Mark. Might be time to step back from the keyboard.

settle down johnny, I wouldn't call the areas you bolded in arkstfan's post as excessivly insulting. just a bit of smack talk, no need to get sensitive. but, since this is destined to turn more so torward a smack thread, i'm going to move it to that board. take it over there if yall want to slam each other. we could use the traffic over there anyways. 03-thumbsup
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2009 11:06 AM by Burn the Horse.)
06-25-2009 11:02 AM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(06-25-2009 11:02 AM)Trojan Delta Chi Wrote:  
(06-25-2009 10:55 AM)johnnylightnin Wrote:  

settle down johnny, I wouldn't call the areas you bolded in arkstfan's post as excessivly insulting. just a bit of smack talk, no need to get sensitive. but, since this is destined to turn more so torward a smack thread, i'm going to move it to that board. take it over there if yall want to slam each other. we could use the traffic over there anyways. 03-thumbsup

Works for me; let's keep the name calling in one thread !!!

Go SBC !!!!
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2009 12:44 PM by ManzanoWolf.)
06-25-2009 12:42 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

Johnny I apologize for calling you a liar after you posted that Mississippi State brought 40% of what the most pessimistic estimate was and 30% of the consensus number and pointing out that the evacuations you mentioned were hours away from either school.

I've taken as much crap from Tech fans as I intend to. I've tried to be fair over the years, hell I got insulted when my blog broke the news of Tech's invitation to the WAC. Even then Tech fans were saying I didn't know what I was talking about. Outside of Dwayne I've never been treated decently by any Tech fan online so if I am tad fed up after a decade of crap shoveling, I'm sorry for that as well.
06-25-2009 12:57 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I think we should move the "name association" threads to the smack board, as well, if we're gonna move this one.
06-25-2009 01:14 PM
Advertisement

zeebart21 Offline
All American

(06-25-2009 12:57 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Johnny I apologize for calling you a liar after you posted that Mississippi State brought 40% of what the most pessimistic estimate was and 30% of the consensus number and pointing out that the evacuations you mentioned were hours away from either school.

I've taken as much crap from Tech fans as I intend to. I've tried to be fair over the years, hell I got insulted when my blog broke the news of Tech's invitation to the WAC. Even then Tech fans were saying I didn't know what I was talking about. Outside of Dwayne I've never been treated decently by any Tech fan online so if I am tad fed up after a decade of crap shoveling, I'm sorry for that as well.

You ought to see the crap Dwayne has to put up with when he refuses to toe the Tech party line!!
06-25-2009 01:32 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

When Dwayne crunched the numbers and said Tech could go only two years without slashing the budget unless the WAC kept bringing in participant BCS money or more NCAA Tournament revenue I thought they were going to get two pieces of wood, three nails and find a hill.
06-25-2009 02:11 PM
eager eagle Offline
All American

I Root For:

Your AD announced recently that Tech increased its ticket sales revenue by 50% compared to previous year (somehow he forgot to mention you had an extra home football game against Ms State no less). Previous year ticket sales for all home games, all sports, mens and womens was $865,000. Football ticket sales was about $550,000 for five home games. A 50% ioverall ncrease would amount to a total of $1,297,500 or an increase of $432,500. Your five home football games other than Ms State would account for $550,000 (you have averaged $110,000 for home games past few years) thus the $432,500, assuming all increase was in football tickets, would amount to only 10,812 paying fans for the Ms State game since tickets were sold at $40 each. I know you let students in free but the difference between 10,812 paid and reported attendance of 25,222 is 14,410. Tech has about 6200 undergrads so if EVERY one went to the game then there are still 8200 people missing if announced attendance was correct. Could those people be disguised as vast areas of apparently empty aluminum seats, those we see at every game. And, while at it, why dont you guys explain while bragging about the Independence Bowl attendance that only about 16,000 tickets were sold at full price and the rest dumped in bulk on businesses, clubs, etc to be given away.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2009 01:53 PM by eager eagle.)
06-26-2009 01:47 PM
CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

(06-25-2009 10:22 AM)zeebart21 Wrote:  
(06-25-2009 09:50 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  

arkstfan, you know anything about the Belt AD's confronting the I bowl rep at the spring meeting?
I heard he admitted a few things .......of course all it did was confirm our suspicions......05-mafia

Z

Don't go there Zee, we all know the legend in Ruston is ESPN had a hand in pushing a 6-6 NIU program with promises of delivering the Chicago market. Of course, we now know that this was only part of the truth, which we suspected all along.04-chairshot
06-27-2009 12:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.