Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rethuglican view on Iran's election
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Rethuglican view on Iran's election
It was a fraud because we say so. Let's go over there and tell them who they can have as a President. It's time we stick our noses in their business. That's what we do best anyway. We know what's best for everyone, so we should just appoint our own government over there. The citizens of that country will love us and greet us a liberators. 05-stirthepot

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31385419/ns/today_people/

Man I'm glad this clown McCain isn't prez.
06-16-2009 09:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
RE: Rethuglican view on Iran's election
(06-16-2009 09:09 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  It was a fraud because we say so. Let's go over there and tell them who they can have as a President. It's time we stick our noses in their business. That's what we do best anyway. We know what's best for everyone, so we should just appoint our own government over there. The citizens of that country will love us and greet us a liberators. 05-stirthepot

We don't have to stage an armed intervention. Just set up a covert operation assisting the reformers and destabilizing the Mullahs.

You have to manufacture an atmosphere where the (unarmed) people in the streets stand a fighting chance against the Revolutionary Guards.

Over half the Iranian population is under 30. They hate the Mullahs. We help them take out the Mullahs and put in their own government.

Can't get any worse than what they have now.
06-16-2009 09:14 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
cb, I'm really begining to wonder how big the butts of those two girls will be in 15 years. And how do you get cloth to not stretch over a crack but into it?

Sorry, you were saying something about an election?
06-16-2009 09:47 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(06-16-2009 09:14 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  
(06-16-2009 09:09 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  It was a fraud because we say so. Let's go over there and tell them who they can have as a President. It's time we stick our noses in their business. That's what we do best anyway. We know what's best for everyone, so we should just appoint our own government over there. The citizens of that country will love us and greet us a liberators. 05-stirthepot

We don't have to stage an armed intervention. Just set up a covert operation assisting the reformers and destabilizing the Mullahs.

You have to manufacture an atmosphere where the (unarmed) people in the streets stand a fighting chance against the Revolutionary Guards.

Over half the Iranian population is under 30. They hate the Mullahs. We help them take out the Mullahs and put in their own government.

Does anyone really think that we are not already doing this? The temptation is almost irresistible to policy makers. I'd find it amazing if we were sitting this one out.
06-17-2009 05:49 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
I don't trust either of those madmen in Iranian's election. ...but I think the Norks pose a significantly greater threat. I'm starting to think the Gargoyle knows his time on Earth is near the end (age, health), and he's such a narcissistic prick that he wants to go down in as blaze of "glory" ......along with everyone else in his country.
06-17-2009 07:17 AM
Quote this message in a reply
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
(06-17-2009 07:17 AM)Rebel Wrote:  I don't trust either of those madmen in Iranian's election. ...but I think the Norks pose a significantly greater threat. I'm starting to think the Gargoyle knows his time on Earth is near the end (age, health), and he's such a narcissistic prick that he wants to go down in as blaze of "glory" ......along with everyone else in his country.

uh, what? Care to translate?
06-17-2009 02:24 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(06-17-2009 02:24 PM)I45owl Wrote:  
(06-17-2009 07:17 AM)Rebel Wrote:  I don't trust either of those madmen in Iranian's election. ...but I think the Norks pose a significantly greater threat. I'm starting to think the Gargoyle knows his time on Earth is near the end (age, health), and he's such a narcissistic prick that he wants to go down in as blaze of "glory" ......along with everyone else in his country.

uh, what? Care to translate?

No.
06-17-2009 02:28 PM
Quote this message in a reply
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
Ok, but I'm going to have to go with these definitions:

Norks and Gargoyles

it makes your comment more interesting, but I still don't understand it.
06-17-2009 03:41 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl
Norks= North Koreans

Gargoyle= Kim Jong Il
06-17-2009 03:48 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl
(06-17-2009 05:49 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

Does anyone really think that we are not already doing this? The temptation is almost irresistible to policy makers. I'd find it amazing if we were sitting this one out.

I don't think we are doing anything-- yet. If we were up to something, it would leak. Besides the Covert Ops wing of the CIA doesn't trust Obama because he could hang them out to dry.

In fact, the time to act is yesterday. And it would be really really simple. Get a couple of million bucks, launder it through a Bank in the UAE, and buy off the shelf electronics in Saudi, Qutar, Bahrain, such as sat phones, streaming video transmitters that run through either cell phones or sat phones, xerox machines, and printers and smuggle them across the Gulf to Iran.

You could have live streaming video of every protest and watch the Revolutionary Guards bust heads and shoot protesters in living color.

You also need a shortwave station and some Internet servers.

Nothing traceable back to the US. Or you could even run a "false flag" operation and make it look like the Saudis were behind it.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2009 04:00 PM by WoodlandsOwl.)
06-17-2009 03:48 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(06-17-2009 03:48 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  
(06-17-2009 05:49 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

I don't think we are doing anything-- yet. If we were up to something, it would leak. Besides the Covert Ops wing of the CIA doesn't trust Obama because he could hang them out to dry.

In fact, the time to act is yesterday. And it would be really really simple. Get a couple of million bucks, launder it through a Bank in the UAE, and buy off the shelf electronics in Saudi, Qutar, Bahrain, such as sat phones, streaming video transmitters that run through either cell phones or sat phones, xerox machines, and printers and smuggle them across the Gulf to Iran.

You could have live streaming video of every protest and watch the Revolutionary Guards bust heads and shoot protesters in living color.

You also need a shortwave station and some Internet servers.

Nothing traceable back to the US. Or you could even run a "false flag" operation and make it look like the Saudis were behind it.

One thing is for sure...The video camera and live streaming capabilities of smart phones are just as powerful as the gun. These technologies may become the best tools ever invented to fight tyranny. I want a hidden camera system for my vehicles that streams live and can not be erased. All I would need then is a sticker on the window..."All activities in and surrounding this vehicle are being recorded live to the internet" Do you think you would get cordial treatment from officers when they interacted with you after reading that?03-idea
06-17-2009 06:08 PM
Advertisement

I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
(06-17-2009 06:08 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  One thing is for sure...The video camera and live streaming capabilities of smart phones are just as powerful as the gun.

That's well and fine until they shut off streaming capabilities. If they shut down text messages, it's also easy to shut down cell phone based streaming (unless it's wifi-assisted). I suspect most of the video you see has been downloaded to computers and sent via the internet. With the internet, there are myriad ways to bypass government restrictions, so it's either shut down all internet access nationwide, or risk information leaking.
06-18-2009 11:42 AM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl

To the extent that sports imitate life, North Korea clinched a world cup berth for the first time since the 1960s, while Iran was eliminated by virtue of a tie. But, it was very cool that the players sported green wrist bands in support of the protests.
06-18-2009 11:44 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(06-18-2009 11:44 AM)I45owl Wrote:  

To the extent that sports imitate life, North Korea clinched a world cup berth for the first time since the 1960s, while Iran was eliminated by virtue of a tie. But, it was very cool that the players sported green wrist bands in support of the protests.
How can you say such a thing? Everybody knows those Iraninas are terrorists and should be sent to GB to be tortured.
06-18-2009 12:22 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
whats cool is that even in hell hole countries such as Iran, NoKo, Pakistan, etc, with a worldview that is completely opposed to Western Values....they play sports invented by the Western Mind, in this case 18th and 19th Century British
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2009 12:24 PM by GGniner.)
06-18-2009 12:24 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(06-18-2009 12:24 PM)GGniner Wrote:  whats cool is that even in hell hole countries such as Iran, NoKo, Pakistan, etc, with a worldview that is completely opposed to Western Values....they play sports invented by the Western Mind, in this case 18th and 19th Century British

03-yes
06-18-2009 12:31 PM
Advertisement

I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
(06-18-2009 12:31 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(06-18-2009 12:24 PM)GGniner Wrote:  whats cool is that even in hell hole countries such as Iran, NoKo, Pakistan, etc, with a worldview that is completely opposed to Western Values....they play sports invented by the Western Mind, in this case 18th and 19th Century British

03-yes

Except that soccer has roots that go back hundreds if not thousands of years across many cultures. Association football (from which the word soccer derives) was only codified by 18th century British, not invented by them. That said, I think you'd find the more popular national sport of Iran is wrestling.

And, Robert, the entire reason that Iranians are in the streets now are that they are ruled by terrorists. My friends are more optimistic than I am for an outcome where they won't be.
06-18-2009 12:57 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
modern soccer gets its rules from the Western Mind...in Britain.

Same thing with Tennis, took an ancient game and found the way to get the most 'thrill' out of it. The regulatory mind of the west, for better or worse.

pretty much all the major sports were organized in 19th century Britain or America. The whole idea of having competion among leagues of teams came about here too.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2009 01:16 PM by GGniner.)
06-18-2009 01:00 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
What isn't cool is that you are so ignorant of the world that it embarasses me as well as the world.
06-18-2009 01:21 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies
(06-18-2009 01:00 PM)GGniner Wrote:  modern soccer gets its rules from the Western Mind...in Britain.

Same thing with Tennis, took an ancient game and found the way to get the most 'thrill' out of it. The regulatory mind of the west, for better or worse.

pretty much all the major sports were organized in 19th century Britain or America. The whole idea of having competion among leagues of teams came about here too.
Based on this description, in the future they will be able to say the automobile was invented in Japan. Doesn't matter where it was invented the Japanese builds them better. I think this is generally the same as what you typed above.
06-18-2009 01:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.