Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Metro area is over 300,000, and no Chrysler dealer will honor a warranty
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Metro area is over 300,000, and no Chrysler dealer will honor a warranty
Chrysler is toast.

In yesterday's Gazette they informed the public that none of the local Chrysler Dealers would honor warranties. There are a few dealers left in the area.

We're a metro area of around 300,000. How many communities of similar size are in the same boat. What were these morons thinking when they shut down these dealers, and pulled warranties. Stick a fork in Chrysler, they're done. Sell Jeep to somone who can do something with it, and hope that GM isn't as stupid as these guys.
06-11-2009 04:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Metro area is over 300,000, and no Chrysler dealer will honor a warranty
What Chrysler plants will still be operating will be cranking out Fiats pretty soon. That company has been absolutely RAPED by it's overseas 'partners'-first Daimler and now Fiat. They'll suck the pension plan dry and then throw the drained body in the bushes and leave. Trust me, that's how Europeans operate.

Our government has no use for heavy industry. They set us up to fail with our absence of an energy plan, chit currency and massive deficits and then promoted forced marriages with the folks whose nations DO support them. It's obscene, frankly.

Why would any manufacturing industry want to be based in the USA?
06-11-2009 10:46 PM
EMUTRACK1574 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU, CCSJ
I thought that if they not one of the closed dealers, they still had to honor everything. Totally dumb. Hope you find someone that will honor your warranty Chip. Chevy gave me a hard time about my warranty 18 month ago and wouldn't honor it. Good thing my bill was only $450 dollars. Then Chevy goes and lowers the warranty on its engines for their Aveo's.
06-12-2009 10:15 AM
Advertisement

Chipdip1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators
Quote:Then Chevy goes and lowers the warranty on its engines for their Aveo's.

My warranty expired ages ago, I was just quoting an article in the Kalamazoo newspaper about a lack of dealers who will do warranty work.

As for your story, there is the problem. There's probably a 1000 people out there telling their friends a similar story that happened to them. Adds to the perception that GM is not a credible company. True or not, they could be building gold plated Roll Royces and it won't matter. Until they can get the publics confidence they're screwed.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2009 10:30 AM by Chipdip1.)
06-12-2009 10:29 AM
EMUTRACK1574 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU, CCSJ
Chevy actually did lower the warranty from 100,000 to 60,000 miles on the powertrain. I found out through Car X when I went in for a routine oil change. Luckly, I'm still under warranty for another 20,00 miles.
06-12-2009 11:54 AM
chipfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(06-11-2009 04:27 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  Chrysler is toast.

In yesterday's Gazette they informed the public that none of the local Chrysler Dealers would honor warranties. There are a few dealers left in the area.

We're a metro area of around 300,000. How many communities of similar size are in the same boat. What were these morons thinking when they shut down these dealers, and pulled warranties. Stick a fork in Chrysler, they're done. Sell Jeep to somone who can do something with it, and hope that GM isn't as stupid as these guys.

From Business Weekly:

[i]Chrysler dealers no longer affiliated with the company cannot honor incentives or make repairs needed to Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep vehicles under the manufacturer's warranty.

In many cases, owners can simply roll their broken jalopy to another one of the 2,392 remaining Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealerships. Chrysler spokeswoman Kathy Graham said that even in rural areas, the average distance between Chrysler dealers is 10.7 miles, but there are probably many areas where the distance is much greater.

Another certified Chrysler dealership will be able to handle any repairs under the warranty. It doesn't matter if you drive a Jeep and take the vehicle to a Dodge dealer.[/i]
06-12-2009 04:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.