Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"Coach" Craig T. Nelson no more taxes
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
"Coach" Craig T. Nelson no more taxes
On Glenn Beck. Says he's thinking of paying no more taxes and is ready to go to jail.

05-28-2009 07:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
RE: "Coach" Craig T. Nelson no more taxes
Good for him....I will note though that he favors taxation...just that his stolen wages be used with fiscal responsibility. I'd rather he just say he was tired of being robbed as the reason he did not want to pay the gang.
05-28-2009 07:45 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(05-28-2009 07:22 PM)Paul M Wrote:  On Glenn Beck. Says he's thinking of paying no more taxes and is ready to go to jail.

WOW!!! I liked Craig in coach, but man!!! He has made a great statement there.

I'd like to see him run for CA Senate, if it wouldn't be such a terrible waste of a good person. 05-stirthepot

Way to go Craig!!! I just hope the left wing that controls Hollyweird don't turn against him and end his acting career.
05-28-2009 07:54 PM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

Craig T Nelson has just become one of my Heroes !!!!!!!

For all of you "Taxation to Death Proponents", there was once NO INCOME TAX AT ALL .....

So when you start this mess about how we NEED TO SUPPORT GOVERNMENT THRU TAXATION, you are FOS.

Income and other Illegal Taxes have become a "Reverse Welfare System" from us to the Federal Government and it is frekkin WRONG.

They are going Broke as a Brokeback Mountaineer and they want to keep bleeding the Working Man .... well it is time it stopped !!!!!

Either they grab some reality and stop to idiotic spending or they just do like the rest of us do .... "WITHOUT" !!!!

Too hard to Savvy huh ????

05-28-2009 08:04 PM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
If enough people would stand up like this, there are not enough jail cells. Nor will there be juries out there to convict people. When the IRS loses it's cases because Juries start nullifying the laws against tax evaders, the wall will come crumbling down. Viva, Coach.

I'm mad as HELL also.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2009 07:29 AM by SumOfAllFears.)
05-29-2009 07:08 AM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
(05-29-2009 07:08 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  If enough people would stand up like this, there are not enough jail cells. Nor will there be juries out there to convict people. When the IRS loses it's cases because Juries start nullifying the laws against tax evaders, the wall will come crumbling down. Viva, Coach.

I'm mad as HELL also.

SUM, the great thing about your Point, is that there aren't enough Jail Cells NOW .... 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

And with the Obamagog's head long plunge of Meaningless Spending into the Bottomless Pit of Financial Ruin, there won't be any money to house prisoners anyway.

I think we may just have a loophole on this one ... 04-rock 04-rock

05-29-2009 08:46 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-29-2009 08:46 AM)Tripster Wrote:  
(05-29-2009 07:08 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  If enough people would stand up like this, there are not enough jail cells. Nor will there be juries out there to convict people. When the IRS loses it's cases because Juries start nullifying the laws against tax evaders, the wall will come crumbling down. Viva, Coach.
I'm mad as HELL also.
SUM, the great thing about your Point, is that there aren't enough Jail Cells NOW .... 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao
And with the Obamagog's head long plunge of Meaningless Spending into the Bottomless Pit of Financial Ruin, there won't be any money to house prisoners anyway.
I think we may just have a loophole on this one ... 04-rock 04-rock

Don't be too optimistic.
I'm pretty sure this government will put murderers back on the street, if need be, in order to make sure there is room for tax offenders.
We're already doing that for that other threat to society as we know it, drug users.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2009 01:16 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
05-29-2009 01:15 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

I'm mad as HELL also.

So what if they don't put you in jail. That was always a silly response anyway. When they take all your money, that will be plenty of punishment...and the gov't will get what it really wanted anyway.
05-29-2009 02:14 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies
This is a serious question so please no flames.

How will the government:

1. Fight the war on terror
2. Protect our borders from illegal entry
3. Round up the illegals who are already here and send them back where the came from
4. Keep up the world's best military

if everyone decides not to pay their taxes?
05-29-2009 02:18 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-29-2009 02:18 PM)uhmump95 Wrote:  This is a serious question so please no flames.

How will the government:

3. Round up the illegals who are already here and send them back where the came from

Well.......we really aren't trying too hard on # 2. We're not trying at all on # 3. So that leads to mostly items 1 & 4.

How about we provide for the common defense and stop spending money on tons of stuff that the Federal Government really isn't supposed to have their fingers in.
05-29-2009 02:28 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline

(05-29-2009 02:18 PM)uhmump95 Wrote:  This is a serious question so please no flames.

How will the government:

You'll have to direct that to FoShizzle. He's the one who believes completely in no taxes, and self gov't.

I believe there is a role for government. Look around, it's not hard to find corruption in the marketplace, and everywhere else.

However, our gov't is bloated. It is not protecting the people w/ its programs, it is hurting them. I think SoaF's post on the destruction of capitalism holds much truth. By ever-increasing the burden of the "poor" or "needy" on citizens who work and produce (great story of this in OH a couple weeks back, more of "private sector must pay their fair share" of some obscure medical research) there will come a breaking point where no citizen will be able to take care of himself. We'll all be required to rely on the gov't. And while the analogy is cliche, things will look a lot like the USSR, w/ lines for oranges, toilet paper, etc.

Starving the beast is one way to try to rein it in. It must be tried.
05-29-2009 02:29 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline

You forgot one.

5) Pay to round up all the Tax Scofflaws, giving them due process, and public defenders, and then provide 3 hots and a cot behind bars.

Besides if they start rounding up Tax Cheats, half of Obama's cabinet would be in jail.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2009 04:54 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
05-29-2009 04:49 PM
DrTorch Offline

(05-29-2009 04:49 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  You forgot one.

5) Pay to round up all the Tax Scofflaws, giving them due process, and public defenders, and then provide 3 hots and a cot behind bars.

Besides if they start rounding up Tax Cheats, half of Obama's cabinet would be in jail.

"Due process" Hah. Do the folks having their cash and property confiscated by the FBI get "due process"?

The IRS will simply take your money, and make you prove you should get some back. Heck, they do that now. The IRS was supposed to be gentler this year. I'm sure they were...if you were an Obama supporter.
05-29-2009 05:13 PM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline

(05-29-2009 05:13 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(05-29-2009 04:49 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  You forgot one.

"Due process" Hah. Do the folks having their cash and property confiscated by the FBI get "due process"?

The IRS will simply take your money, and make you prove you should get some back. Heck, they do that now. The IRS was supposed to be gentler this year. I'm sure they were...if you were an Obama supporter.

Dr.T,
I have not had to deal with the legalities of the IRS. You may be more versed in it than I am.
But from where I stand, It is the FEAR that GIVES THEM POWER. I'M TALKING ABOUT AN OVERWHELMED IRS SYSTEM THAT CAN ONLY ADDRESS THE MOST EGREGIOUS SCOFFLAWS.

If you fail to pay your school property taxes you are more likely to lose your property than have it confiscated by the IRS. I've known some people who have had tax problems, none of them have had their property seized. I am assuming when you say seizure you are referring to Tax Liens.

Business' are in a better position to abscond from the tax system than wage earners.

We all should receive the same equal treatment UNDER THE LAW as:

Obama's Tax cheats & Grifters

1) Tom Daschle
2) Geitner - Secretary of the Treasury
3) Gov. Richardson of New Mexico
4) Hillary/Bill Clinton
5) Leon Panetta
6) The woman efficiency expert (What's her name?) KILLEFER
7) Eric Holder - Attorney General
8) Charlie Rangel - he writes the tax laws for Obama
9) Nancy Pelosi - she pushes Obama's tax hikes and spending bills all across the "fruited plain" from her taxpayer bought private jet and she thinks abortion and contraception is great for the economy.
10)Harry Reid - one of the biggest Obama porkers in the Senate
05-29-2009 06:58 PM
DrTorch Offline

(05-29-2009 06:58 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  If you fail to pay your school property taxes you are more likely to lose your property than have it confiscated by the IRS. I've known some people who have had tax problems, none of them have had their property seized. I am assuming when you say seizure you are referring to Tax Liens.

I was thinking more of fed taxes than local ones. A lien against your property is a pain.

But I'm talking about having your bank assets frozen. Happened to a friend of mine when we were in grad school. We made about $14K/year, and AZ froze his checking acount b/c they said he was cheating on his taxes. Checks bounced, he had to cover those, etc.

To be frank, although he was a good scientist, he was lazy about lots of life skills. Still, how much of a tax cheat could he have been (remember tuition was a write off too)?

Anyway, yeah it's fear of what they'll do. Doesn't mean I'm not supportive of this approach, but it does mean that it takes some planning.
05-29-2009 07:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.