I only know that UT is on the schedule.
05-09-2009 06:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
etsubuc Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Anyone know how our 09-10 schedule is shaping up?*
Hopefully better than last year's joke.

We need UT on the schedule, and at least one other SEC or ACC school.
05-09-2009 07:01 AM
Groundhog2265 Offline
Bench Warmer

Anyone know ? The date's for the 09/10 schedule to be; completed/released?
05-09-2009 07:16 AM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Last year's schedule was a joke...but the joke worked.
05-09-2009 11:46 AM
Quote this message in a reply
youngbuc Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU, USC Cocks
I'd like to see UT come to the mini-dome, and I agree I'd like to see another ACC or SEC team on the schedule
05-09-2009 03:54 PM
Advertisement

etsuBucsFan1988 Offline
Millennial Grief Counselor

I Root For: ETSU Hoops
(05-09-2009 07:16 AM)Groundhog2265 Wrote:  Anyone know ? The date's for the 09/10 schedule to be; completed/released?

Last year's schedule was officially announced in early July.
05-09-2009 04:25 PM
buckybuck Offline
Banned

I Root For: etsu
we need a tougher schedule. Acc or SEC or even a trip north to Syracuse or Penn State would be a change. Our biggest problem last year was the schedule. I'm convinced that was what made us a 16 seed. We've got to stop playing out of conference games with weak sisters...like Mars Hill and the Southern Clonference.
05-09-2009 05:10 PM
GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I heard through a good source that they have been trying to get Kentucky and/or Ohio State on the schedule.
05-09-2009 05:23 PM
Bucster Offline
All American

I wish we would schedule more games against solid mid major teams too. And when I say solid I am not talking about UNC-Asheville, even-though they are a good to have on the schedule because of location. I'd like to see some home and away games against CAA, MVC and MAC schools.

And of course I'd like to see us beat up on the Socon rivals again. 05-mafia
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2009 09:47 PM by Bucster.)
05-09-2009 09:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I'm with you Bucster. Problem is, we need a game or two against teams from the big 6 to help our seeding in the NCAAs if we make it. I bet we get it this year -- Sounds like the Vols are on there, and I'll bet we'll get at least one more. I'm not that interested in playing a team like a Syracuse - always seems like we do better if we play a team from the big 6 that is at least in the southeast, such as Clemson.

Unfortunately, although I think an argument can easily be made that the CAA, for example, was better than the SEC this year, they are not the 'big 6.' Therefore, we hopefully get a team out of one of those six leagues. And yes, it will be on the road, unless one of those teams feels like giving us a gift. Not likely, as Murry said in this post-game press conference after the Pitt game. We may have to take our lumps, but you never know.
05-09-2009 09:49 PM
Advertisement

Groundhog2265 Offline
Bench Warmer

With former Buc Coach (DeChellis) being at Penn State since the 2003/2004 season........why have we not had Penn State on our schedule?
05-10-2009 06:37 AM
BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
(05-09-2009 06:33 AM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  I only know that UT is on the schedule.

I hate to hear that.
05-10-2009 09:24 AM
youngbuc Offline
Special Teams

I hate Kentucky but I think they're going to be damn good next year. Too bad we couldn't play them in the past two years, preferably to start their season. I agree with almost all of the comments on here, we do seem to hang with clemson pretty well and even though UNC-Asheville isnt a powerhouse by any means, it is a nice easy roadtrip, same with App St. I'm looking forward to it being released. Haven't heard anything about any early season tournys either.
05-10-2009 01:10 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
We will have UTC and App back on the schedule next year also.
05-10-2009 03:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bucster Offline
All American

(05-10-2009 01:10 PM)youngbuc Wrote:  I hate Kentucky but I think they're going to be damn good next year. Too bad we couldn't play them in the past two years, preferably to start their season.

I thought the same thing. I would have loved to play them at the beginning of the season this year, but they will be much tougher with Calipari.
05-10-2009 06:28 PM
Advertisement

bucfan1968 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
Wish we could have played UT last year at the end of the year while we had Tiggs and CP.. would have been a great game!!!!!!!
We will probably struggle early next year without 2 of the big 3.. and we will have to go to Knoxville where they will have almost everyone back..
Might be ugly..
I do look for us to be a good team by the end of the year, but it will take a while to get it all together..
I was just looking at the early season schedule in 01-02..we played at Virginia and South Carolina..we played VCU which is a good mid major..
lost all 3 of those..we played Guilford, wise, ashville, radford, costal carolina, James Madison,and shenandoah and won all those..then lost to
Vandy..
Childress had a bunch of really big games that year...
05-10-2009 09:37 PM
buckybuck Offline
Banned

I Root For: etsu
I'm convinced that a good thrashing or two early on by teams way out of our class, or better yet games that we play well in against such teams gets us ready for our best in-conference play and ready for tournament play. I'd love to see us play Memphis, Syracuse, Pittsburgh or the like. I know we got our heads handed to us by Syracuse, but then we turned around and beat Georgia two years ago. Strength of Schedule is a huge thing for us.
05-11-2009 08:34 AM
GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
It's tough to get that many big boys on the schedule. After watching us take Pitt to the brink, I'll bet not too many are 'jonesing' to play us. According to my good source, we have been trying to schedule UK & Ohio State now for the past couple of years.

I don't think it will be ugly. I wasn't impressed w/ the Vols this year - didn't hustle, and clearly weren't buying in to anything Pearl was saying. They have talent, I guess, but most of that talent was realized w/ was Tyler Smith IMO, and the other guys showed signs but were never that great. Maybe they get it together this year, maybe not. Maze transferred in from Oklahoma and he was an attitude problem there -- then again, he was recruited by an attitude problem there (Sampson). Bottom line is - the Bucs could pull that one off even w/out Tiggs & Pigram, as I'm a believer in Tubbs, Smith, & Micah Williams. In 01-02 I believe we played South Carolina tough, but UVa and VCU handled us, and the Vandy game we could have won, just couldn't get over the hump. We'll see.
05-11-2009 09:36 AM
youngbuc Offline
Special Teams

(05-11-2009 09:36 AM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  It's tough to get that many big boys on the schedule. After watching us take Pitt to the brink, I'll bet not too many are 'jonesing' to play us. According to my good source, we have been trying to schedule UK & Ohio State now for the past couple of years.

I don't think it will be ugly. I wasn't impressed w/ the Vols this year - didn't hustle, and clearly weren't buying in to anything Pearl was saying. They have talent, I guess, but most of that talent was realized w/ was Tyler Smith IMO, and the other guys showed signs but were never that great. Maybe they get it together this year, maybe not. Maze transferred in from Oklahoma and he was an attitude problem there -- then again, he was recruited by an attitude problem there (Sampson). Bottom line is - the Bucs could pull that one off even w/out Tiggs & Pigram, as I'm a believer in Tubbs, Smith, & Micah Williams. In 01-02 I believe we played South Carolina tough, but UVa and VCU handled us, and the Vandy game we could have won, just couldn't get over the hump. We'll see.

Yeah, there really isnt an incentive for these teams to play us as much as we would like to see it because we're not that easy and their fans and media will expect to roll over us. If I remember correctly after Syracuse destroyed us, we hung pretty tough with OkSt and they have a good home court advantage. Bring on the ACC and SEC, and lets hope we get some games on tv
05-11-2009 12:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.