Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Cuse Spring Game
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Cuse Spring Game
Decent crowd (over 5000) showed up for the spring game. Parking Lots just west of the Dome were full and much tailgating going on. For some reason Syracuse fans have never gone to Spring games. Anything over 5k is good even in the 80s and 90s.

The offense started off badly but performed much better later on. It was a full two hours long, basically scripted plays and situational plays. The hitting was real unlike under the GRob era.

We have linebackers this year, running backs abound, the QB situation is better (RFr Nassib looks like an avg BE QB), DL should be solid. Trouble spots are OL and secondary along with no depth pretty much across the board. Our FG kicker is suspect but looks to be okay.

Delone Carter our RB who dislocated his hip two years ago is back. Last year he was hampered by a bad hamstring but he will be a huge surprise this year.

This team will win 1-2 Big East games this year. If we win 3 we will definitely overachieve. I think worse case is 3 wins and best case 6-7 wins. We have real coaches who stress conditioning. We will be able to hold onto some leads at halftime this year unlike under Gerg.

I see us winning either MN or NW, Maine, Akron. Best chance for BE wins: @UL, @Pitt, @UConn, WVU and Rutgers

I figure we finish with 4-5 wins but 6 is possible.

Finally Orangeyes links from the Scout Board
04-19-2009 10:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

RE: Cuse Spring Game
Which lot were you in? The Fine Lot was rocking.
04-21-2009 12:49 PM
Marzer Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UCF, Syracuse
(04-21-2009 04:12 PM)KnightChris Wrote:  
(04-21-2009 12:49 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Which lot were you in? The Fine Lot was rocking.
I was in the Harrison lot. I figured Fine would be busy since it's closer to the Dome and, with the free parking for the spring game, people could park there that normally would have had to park farther away. It was a calculated move, but I was willing to sacrifice a little bit of camaraderie with fellow 'Cuse fans to stay closer to our normal parking "comfort zone" (since we'll be parking closer to Harrison when the actual season begins).

-Chris

Chris, we are definetly in the minority being both UCF and Syracuse fans. Seems like Marrone might turn the ship around, hopefully I'll be able to make it up to the Dome for at least one game this year (I haven't seen a football game at Syracuse since 1998)
04-22-2009 02:28 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

(04-22-2009 02:28 PM)Marzer Wrote:  
(04-21-2009 12:49 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Which lot were you in? The Fine Lot was rocking.
I was in the Harrison lot. I figured Fine would be busy since it's closer to the Dome and, with the free parking for the spring game, people could park there that normally would have had to park farther away. It was a calculated move, but I was willing to sacrifice a little bit of camaraderie with fellow 'Cuse fans to stay closer to our normal parking "comfort zone" (since we'll be parking closer to Harrison when the actual season begins).

-Chris

Chris, we are definetly in the minority being both UCF and Syracuse fans. Seems like Marrone might turn the ship around, hopefully I'll be able to make it up to the Dome for at least one game this year (I haven't seen a football game at Syracuse since 1998)

Marzer or Chris if you need tickets let me know...I can get you some real cheap around $15 a piece. Hopefully you can join me at my tailgate in the Fine Lot.
04-22-2009 04:19 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(04-22-2009 04:19 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(04-22-2009 02:28 PM)Marzer Wrote:  

-Chris

Marzer or Chris if you need tickets let me know...I can get you some real cheap around $15 a piece. Hopefully you can join me at my tailgate in the Fine Lot.

What games will you be at this season Mark.
04-22-2009 06:50 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(04-23-2009 05:01 PM)KnightChris Wrote:  
(04-22-2009 02:28 PM)Marzer Wrote:  Chris, we are definetly in the minority being both UCF and Syracuse fans. Seems like Marrone might turn the ship around, hopefully I'll be able to make it up to the Dome for at least one game this year (I haven't seen a football game at Syracuse since 1998)

Marzer- it's tough being a UCF/Cuse combo fan, especially with O'Leary stealing all the top NYS players! When they play, I usually root for UCF despite the fact I have exactly zero degrees from that school.

Since when has O'leary been stealing all of the top NYS players? That is news to me. I know of one player that Cuse and UCF were recruiting, and the kid ended up going to UCF, because he wanted to be close to his father, who lives in Florida. He was a 2 star running back, but he was not the top running back. The top running back that year was Averin Collier, a 4 star running back, who I think was the tip player in the State that year. He is suiting up at Cuse for his second season. We may lose battles against the likes of Penn State, and ND or Rutgers, but we dont lose many battles to UCF. I can only think of one, which was already mentioned. UCF has gotten 5 players on their team from NY since 2005. Everyone of them were 2 star players, hardly the top players in NY.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2009 05:32 PM by cuseroc.)
04-23-2009 05:22 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(04-23-2009 05:43 PM)KnightChris Wrote:  
(04-23-2009 05:22 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  Since when has O'leary been stealing all of the top NYS players? That is news to me. I know of one player that Cuse and UCF were recruiting, and the kid ended up going to UCF, because he wanted to be close to his father, who lives in Florida. He was a 2 star running back, but he was not the top running back. The top running back that year was Averin Collier, a 4 star running back, who I think was the tip player in the State that year. He is suiting up at Cuse for his second season. We may lose battles against the likes of Penn State, and ND or Rutgers, but we dont lose many battles to UCF. I can only think of one, which was already mentioned. UCF has gotten 5 players on their team from NY since 2005. Everyone of them were 2 star players, hardly the top players in NY.
Dude, seriously... calm down. :)

You're talking one half of one sentence I wrote and getting all bent out of shape about it. O'Leary, with his abundant NYS recruiting ties, does recruit well in NY. Last year UCF did successfully recruit 2 of the top 6 players in NYS according to Rivals. That's just a fact. Nobody is saying Syracuse isn't great. I didn't say O'Leary signed them because Syracuse sucks or even that Syracuse wanted the kids. It was just an offhand remark to a fellow UCF fan. OK? Now relax and have a beer. 04-cheers

-Chris

No need for me to calm down since I was calling you out on a statement that you said that was not true. You are not the first UCF fan on this board to claim that UCF was taking all of the top talent out of NY. Since 2005 Scout has all of the 5 UCF players from NY as 2 star players. That is hardly "stealing all of the top recruits out of NY." Not even close. That would be like me saying that SU is stealing all of the top recruits out of Florida, because we have a few Florida players on the roster. That would be just dumb. And SU has more Flroda players on their roster than UCF has NY players.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2009 08:16 PM by cuseroc.)
04-23-2009 08:11 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
Quote:Except I'm not making that claim. It's called hyperbole. It was a remark specifically addressed to a UCF fan that is most likely all too familiar with the UCF-NY recruiting gag you alluded to. I'm sure he got the joke. You might have gotten it too if you weren't so quick to jump into pointless arguments.

You are a UCF fan. Making delusional comments over here is what they do. How can one tell when they are being serious or not?

Quote:LOL. First of all, who uses Scout? I mean seriously... Rivals had two UCF recruits in the top 6 for NY state last year and both were 3 stars. Honestly though, who cares???

Scout is usually better than Rivals. But since you are such a believer in Rivals, they had one of the two players that you spoke of a 3 star and the other a 2 star.

Quote:Oh my gosh. You can not SERIOUSLY think that any person really believes UCF is "stealing" all the NY talent (and why a Florida school would even want to build a team based on New York talent is another question entirely). Why are you getting this upset? Stop picking a fight with fellow Syracuse fans, relax, and enjoy lacrosse season.
-Chris

You obviously have not been around when some of your UCF fans get going over here. There are alot of things that they say and believe- That I cant believe. I'm not picking a fight with a fellow SU fan. I was calling out a rediculous staement from a UCF fan. But if you were only saying it as a gag then I apologize for think that you were another delusional UCF fan.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2009 08:41 PM by cuseroc.)
04-23-2009 08:34 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(04-23-2009 08:50 PM)KnightChris Wrote:  
(04-23-2009 08:34 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  Scout is usually better than Rivals. But since you are such a believer in Rivals, they had one of the two players that you spoke of a 3 star and the other a 2 star.

Not that it matters, but which one are you seeing as a 2-star? I just checked and they're both still being shown as 3-stars.

Quote:You obviously have not been around when some of your UCF fans get going over here. There are alot of things that they say and believe- That I cant believe. I'm not picking a fight with a fellow SU fan. I was calling out a rediculous staement from a UCF fan. But if you were only saying it as a gag then I apologize for think that you were another delusional UCF fan.

Fair enough, no harm done. Sorry if I came off a little abrasive or condescending with the "settle down" stuff. This lull between basketball and football season makes us all a little nutty. :)

-Chris

04-cheers
04-23-2009 09:14 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(04-23-2009 05:01 PM)KnightChris Wrote:  
(04-22-2009 02:28 PM)Marzer Wrote:  Chris, we are definetly in the minority being both UCF and Syracuse fans. Seems like Marrone might turn the ship around, hopefully I'll be able to make it up to the Dome for at least one game this year (I haven't seen a football game at Syracuse since 1998)

Marzer- it's tough being a UCF/Cuse combo fan, especially with O'Leary stealing all the top NYS players! When they play, I usually root for UCF despite the fact I have exactly zero degrees from that school.

TexanMark - seats any good? I have season tickets up in the "Touchdown Town" cheap seats. I haven't renewed yet though and I'm debating.

-Chris

I have a pair there but got them moved down closer. Let me know what games you need if you don't buy seasons. I might even be able to get up to 4 for some games.
04-23-2009 10:40 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.