Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Questions about FIU's Band
Bookmark and Share
sotsclarinet08 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TROY
Questions about FIU's Band
I'm curious. How's your band program down there? Do you anticipate greater numbers marching this year? And as new as your program is I'm interested in your fan's traditions and that of the band's that you all partake in during the games. Have you created a name for your band? I really like the uniforms they march in, they remind me of the all white uniforms the Ga Tech Band marches.

I'm just a band geek haha. Troy has a long history between its Marching Band and Football team, and I'd like to see FIU's band become a power house in the Belt as the Sound of the South (Troy) and the Band of Blue (MTSU) have.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2009 08:42 PM by sotsclarinet08.)
04-13-2009 08:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PantherNation Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: FIU!
RE: Questions about FIU's Band
(04-13-2009 08:41 PM)sotsclarinet08 Wrote:  I'm curious. How's your band program down there? Do you anticipate greater numbers marching this year? And as new as your program is I'm interested in your fan's traditions and that of the band's that you all partake in during the games. Have you created a name for your band? I really like the uniforms they march in, they remind me of the all white uniforms the Ga Tech Band marches.

I'm just a band geek haha. Troy has a long history between its Marching Band and Football team, and I'd like to see FIU's band become a power house in the Belt as the Sound of the South (Troy) and the Band of Blue (MTSU) have.

Unfortunately, there have been rumors about the band being cut. That would be a horrible situation. I think we would be the only Div-1 football team withouth a band.

As small as the band has been, football always goes with a band. Shame if they can't keep it.
04-17-2009 01:03 PM
trojanblood Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(04-17-2009 01:03 PM)PantherNation Wrote:  
(04-13-2009 08:41 PM)sotsclarinet08 Wrote:  I'm curious. How's your band program down there? Do you anticipate greater numbers marching this year? And as new as your program is I'm interested in your fan's traditions and that of the band's that you all partake in during the games. Have you created a name for your band? I really like the uniforms they march in, they remind me of the all white uniforms the Ga Tech Band marches.

Unfortunately, there have been rumors about the band being cut. That would be a horrible situation. I think we would be the only Div-1 football team withouth a band.

As small as the band has been, football always goes with a band. Shame if they can't keep it.

That is a shame....i was in Troys band, and from what I saw, you guys didnt look less than 100 members...shoot that is good compared to some of the others and not much smaller than ULM which is about 130 and stAte's band which is about 160. That is rediculous to do that. Tell me who I need to contact down there. I will send a letter.
04-17-2009 08:50 PM
Advertisement

BandGrad Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
I am a graduate of the UAB band program. There was a time when UAB had less than 100. Now the band is flirting with 200 each year. If you hire a great director, the students will come. Although, in Florida, you have a ton of competition from several great college bands in the area. Best of luck and GO BAND! ! !
04-18-2009 09:38 PM
sotsclarinet08 Offline
2nd String

(04-18-2009 09:38 PM)BandGrad Wrote:  Best of luck and GO BAND! ! !

Woot! 04-cheers No that's something we can agree on! 04-rock
04-18-2009 09:47 PM
Advertisement

BandGrad Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(04-18-2009 09:47 PM)sotsclarinet08 Wrote:  
(04-18-2009 09:38 PM)BandGrad Wrote:  Best of luck and GO BAND! ! !

Woot! 04-cheers No that's something we can agree on! 04-rock

Oh heavens, it must be snowing in Troy because I think Hell just froze over (notice that I believe Hell to be Troy. Both have four letters and I have no desire to be in either place). That is all. 05-mafia
04-19-2009 08:25 PM
sotsclarinet08 Offline
2nd String

(04-19-2009 08:25 PM)BandGrad Wrote:  Oh heavens, it must be snowing in Troy because I think Hell just froze over (notice that I believe Hell to be Troy. Both have four letters and I have no desire to be in either place). That is all. 05-mafia

Actually it did snow here back in March... Guess that's the last time I try to be nice. And its okay to be envious of our band and football program! 04-rock

And since the is the FIU section this isn't the place to talk about one another.... haha not that it's worth talking about. But from the videos I watch of the FIU band y'all had a very good thing going. I'm sure there are tons of grads in Florida or South AL and GA that would love to be the director at FIU and build up the program.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2009 09:11 PM by sotsclarinet08.)
04-19-2009 09:08 PM
Advertisement

trojanblood Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

UAB does not have a bad band program at all....the last time I saw them, they were quite good. That is the problem I have with TROY's band, they have become so cocky, and believe there is no one that is as good as them. See and old director from Troy taught me when I was in Troy's band that it is great to be confindent but it is a true sign of maturity when you can be humble also. Any other words, there are band just as good as Troy, about 3 hours northeast of here.
04-26-2009 08:41 AM
sotsclarinet08 Offline
2nd String

(04-26-2009 08:41 AM)trojanblood Wrote:  UAB does not have a bad band program at all....the last time I saw them, they were quite good. That is the problem I have with TROY's band, they have become so cocky, and believe there is no one that is as good as them. See and old director from Troy taught me when I was in Troy's band that it is great to be confindent but it is a true sign of maturity when you can be humble also. Any other words, there are band just as good as Troy, about 3 hours northeast of here.

See you say that without knowing all 330 of us. Yes I believe we are one of the best bands out there... and this band u keep mentioning 3 hours north is I'm assuming JSU..... You call us cocky? I have never met or talked to one band member/student that goes there that was ever humble.... its always JSU is WAYYYYY beyond Troy by all means... So yeah we're confident and we believe that we are the best around but we also recognize other bands. I respect what JSU has but they aren't the best in Alabama nor in the nation.... and have no reason to act that way.

As I said before I created this thread to figure out about FIU's band... that backfired apparently... ANYWAYS, I know a lot of Troy grads that will be looking for jobs as directors very soon. A lot of them are going into High school directing but perhaps they could be assistant directors at the college level? I have no idea, I don't really know that much about the certain degrees one needs to be a director at the college level.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2009 12:19 PM by sotsclarinet08.)
04-26-2009 12:05 PM
Advertisement

RomanFIU Offline
Miami Vice

I Root For: FIU
The band has officially been cut and since then so has the cheerleading program. The only spirit squad that FIU has left are the Golden Dazzlers
06-30-2009 09:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta
(04-17-2009 08:50 PM)trojanblood Wrote:  
(04-17-2009 01:03 PM)PantherNation Wrote:  

That is a shame....i was in Troys band, and from what I saw, you guys didnt look less than 100 members...shoot that is good compared to some of the others and not much smaller than ULM which is about 130 and stAte's band which is about 160. That is rediculous to do that. Tell me who I need to contact down there. I will send a letter.

that would still be better than being a D1 school with a marching band but no football team..UTA
07-05-2012 04:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.