Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
bracketology
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
bracketology
Who else's brackets turned to sh1t. I had Pitt vs Syracuse and Lousville vs Memphis in the Final 4. My worst year ever doin brackets. Usually I at least have 3 and most years I predict all 4. Last season was also quite bad. I'm losin my touch. 03-banghead
03-29-2009 05:54 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

EvilVodka1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: FSUfan/LSUalum
RE: bracketology
my bracket exploded a long time ago...I had Memphis winning it all, with wins over Kansas and UCLA in the final four

now it looks like UConn and North Carolina on a collision course...I don't have a clue about Michigan State though
03-29-2009 06:08 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
I got North Carolina and UCONN in the finals with UCONN win it all.

Let's go Huskies! When it comes to get it done, UCONN still has to do it for the BE. Unlike all the posters here, never did I doubt the Huskies.

Looking at the Animus Yahoo picks, I am the only one who got UCONN win it all LOL.
03-29-2009 08:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators
(03-29-2009 08:00 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  I got North Carolina and UCONN in the finals with UCONN win it all.

Let's go Huskies! When it comes to get it done, UCONN still has to do it for the BE. Unlike all the posters here, never did I doubt the Huskies.

Looking at the Animus Yahoo picks, I am the only one who got UCONN win it all LOL.

And with constant posts like these, you wonder why few pick UConn to win or even want them to?

You are a one-fan wrecking crew. 03-lmfao

For your sake, I hope they win. Because if they don't, I wouldn't show up around here for a month or so. 05-stirthepot

Cheers,
Neil
03-29-2009 08:23 PM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-29-2009 08:23 PM)omnicarrier Wrote:  
(03-29-2009 08:00 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  I got North Carolina and UCONN in the finals with UCONN win it all.

And with constant posts like these, you wonder why few pick UConn to win or even want them to?

For your sake, I hope they win. Because if they don't, I wouldn't show up around here for a month or so. 05-stirthepot

Cheers,
Neil

Consider I got 3 Final 4 picks in one of my brackets, I am actually doing ok. I picked UCONN because frankly I just think we got the most complete team in the BE. If UNC gets there and I hope they don't, it will be a tough game. That being said, I picked based on my own analysis.

Frankly, I could CARE LESS if no one picked UCONN. Really, I don't. Too bad some people can't take it when I tell it like it is.

Look at Animus' bracket, not single person picked UCONN and that's fine with me.

UCONN made the final 4 by taking out some pretty damn good teams. They got there without one of its best players. Frankly, this group of kids are gelling and Calhoun has done a great coaching job.

Why shouldn't I show up? Because I believe UL is not the best team in the BE? They been exposed again. Seriously, UCONN just don't lose the way UL lost today. Pitt was the other BE team I thought was very good, it was too bad they got knocked out by a fellow BE team. Nova has played really well lately and they got a chance to knock out UNC.
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2009 08:35 PM by SF Husky.)
03-29-2009 08:30 PM
CD11 Offline
I won.

I Root For: Myself
(03-29-2009 05:54 PM)animus Wrote:  Who else's brackets turned to sh1t. I had Pitt vs Syracuse and Lousville vs Memphis in the Final 4. My worst year ever doin brackets. Usually I at least have 3 and most years I predict all 4. Last season was also quite bad. I'm losin my touch. 03-banghead

I hear ya. Last year was my worst year ever - I picked UConn to win it all last year and therefore my victory prospects ended after the first damn round of play. The only pool I care about is the one I do every year with my friends and I finished dead last. And we have girls in the pool.

My brackets actually revived quite a bit after today - I was sitting in dead last lamenting why I decided Syracuse was a final four team until MSU made their run and UNC took out the Sooners. At this point I'm in fourth in my pool and according to the Yahoo Scenario Generator if any team wins other than Michigan State, I miraculously win and pull off a huge comeback. Thank you, Spartans!
03-29-2009 09:00 PM
CD11 Offline
I won.

I Root For: Myself
(03-29-2009 08:30 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  

Cheers,
Neil

Consider I got 3 Final 4 picks in one of my brackets, I am actually doing ok. I picked UCONN because frankly I just think we got the most complete team in the BE. If UNC gets there and I hope they don't, it will be a tough game. That being said, I picked based on my own analysis.

Frankly, I could CARE LESS if no one picked UCONN. Really, I don't. Too bad some people can't take it when I tell it like it is.

Look at Animus' bracket, not single person picked UCONN and that's fine with me.

UCONN made the final 4 by taking out some pretty damn good teams. They got there without one of its best players. Frankly, this group of kids are gelling and Calhoun has done a great coaching job.

Why shouldn't I show up? Because I believe UL is not the best team in the BE? They been exposed again. Seriously, UCONN just don't lose the way UL lost today. Pitt was the other BE team I thought was very good, it was too bad they got knocked out by a fellow BE team. Nova has played really well lately and they got a chance to knock out UNC.

I picked UConn. They have a chance to redeem themselves with me (and I know that's important to them 03-lmfao) after last year's effing debacle that left me as the laughingstock of my old high school buddies.
03-29-2009 09:02 PM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-29-2009 09:02 PM)CD11 Wrote:  I picked UConn. They have a chance to redeem themselves with me (and I know that's important to them 03-lmfao) after last year's effing debacle that left me as the laughingstock of my old high school buddies.

Last year was a tough year. When AJ went down, UCONN was in trouble since we did not have great depth behind him at the PG position. Thabeet was not close to the player he was today. It was a tough loss but UCONN team from last year was starting to gel toward end of the season. Calhoun, for the record, never lost a 1st round game until last year.

There is a sense of maturity with this UCONN team. They are not the best UCONN team but this team got great guards and a huge big man. I think to win the NCAA you need to play great D and have inside/outside combo. I like our chances against anyone with Dyson on the team. Without him, it will be harder but it is possible because Stanley Robinson and Kemba Walker have stepped it up big time.
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2009 09:06 PM by SF Husky.)
03-29-2009 09:04 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(03-29-2009 08:30 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  

Cheers,
Neil

And you are doing fine. I don't think anybody is dissing you for your picks or your loyalty to UConn. Anymore than anyone would diss me for picking Syracuse getting to the Elite 8.

Quote:UCONN made the final 4 by taking out some pretty damn good teams. They got there without one of its best players. Frankly, this group of kids are gelling and Calhoun has done a great coaching job.

I agree. And assuming Robinson, Walker, and healthy Dyson return next year, UConn will be good again.

Quote:Why shouldn't I show up? Because I believe UL is not the best team in the BE? They been exposed again.

Your opinion of UL is immaterial to me. It was your insistence that FACTUALLY they weren't the best team in the Big East this season. The Cards won the BE regular season and they won the BET. That makes them doubly the best team in the Big East.

You can believe in your heart that had UConn beaten SU in that Six in the City contest that the Huskies would have won the BET thus holding two wins over Louisville and proving you right, but it didn't happen.

You can believe your heart that if the Huskies had faced the Cards in the semis of the NCAAs that they would have beaten the Cards, again holding two wins over Louisville and proving you right, but that didn't happen either.

When the history books are written on this season it will say that Louisville won the regular BE season, that Louisville won the BET, that the Big East was the best conference by far this season, that the Big East set NCAA records that are likely to last for a while, and that fill-in-the-blank won the tourney for bragging rights for the best team in the country.

But it won't say that UConn, even if it turns out to be that fill-in-the-blank champion, was the best team in the Big East this season.

Quote:Seriously, UCONN just don't lose the way UL lost today.

Did you watch the Georgetown game? Of course UConn loses the way UL lost today. If they didn't they would be unbeaten.

Quote:Pitt was the other BE team I thought was very good, it was too bad they got knocked out by a fellow BE team. Nova has played really well lately and they got a chance to knock out UNC.

Louisville was a good team too. They beat Nova twice. They beat the Orange twice. They beat Pitt.

You know, it really is okay to love and support your team but also give credit to the other team as well.

I know the Huskies are behind the Cards in terms of historically elite programs, but Calhoun has done a magnificent job to get them in the conversation along with Syracuse as Elite Program #8.

Finally, reflect on this honestly, if the Huskies advance and lose to Nova in the championship game, will you be on this board proclaiming that Villanova was the best team in the BE this year?

While everyone remembers that Nova won the championship in 1985, most still consider Georgetown and St. John's the better BE teams that year.

Cheers,
Neil
03-29-2009 09:10 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

Neil - The only title I care about is the title next Monday. I hope it will be Nova and UCONN. I picked that final in my ESPN bracket. BTW, I am ranked 264,773 out of all the ESPN brackets.

If UCONN wins next Monday, no one would care who won the BE this year or the BET. At that point, there is little doubt who is the #1 team in the country.
03-29-2009 09:13 PM
Advertisement

omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(03-29-2009 09:13 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  Neil - The only title I care about is the title next Monday. I hope it will be Nova and UCONN. I picked that final in my ESPN bracket. BTW, I am ranked 264,773 out of all the ESPN brackets.

If UCONN wins next Monday, no one would care who won the BE this year or the BET. At that point, there is little doubt who is the #1 team in the country.

And if NOVA wins THEY are the #1 team in the country, right?

Cheers,
Neil
03-29-2009 09:15 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-29-2009 09:15 PM)omnicarrier Wrote:  
(03-29-2009 09:13 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  Neil - The only title I care about is the title next Monday. I hope it will be Nova and UCONN. I picked that final in my ESPN bracket. BTW, I am ranked 264,773 out of all the ESPN brackets.

And if NOVA wins THEY are the #1 team in the country, right?

Cheers,
Neil

Yep. The final poll is what matters LOL.
03-29-2009 09:16 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

I had an all Big East Final Four as this looked to be the year. UConn vs. Louisville and Pitt vs. Cuse. Hopefully we end up with a Big East championship for the National Championship.
03-29-2009 09:23 PM
Advertisement

omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(03-29-2009 09:23 PM)brista21 Wrote:  

I had an all Big East Final Four as this looked to be the year. UConn vs. Louisville and Pitt vs. Cuse. Hopefully we end up with a Big East championship for the National Championship.

I'm rooting for Nova first;
then UNC;
then UConn.

I would much rather UNC get another title than have UConn get a third NCAA NC and give them another leg up on us. Especially since I believe we have a great shot of winning the NC next year to finally catch up to them in NCAA championships.

But, I'd much rather UConn get their third than Michigan State. 03-puke

Cheers,
Neil
03-29-2009 09:36 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-29-2009 09:36 PM)omnicarrier Wrote:  I'm rooting for Nova first;
then UNC;
then UConn.

I would much rather UNC get another title than have UConn get a third NCAA NC and give them another leg up on us. Especially since I believe we have a great shot of winning the NC next year to finally catch up to them in NCAA championships.

But, I'd much rather UConn get their third than Michigan State. 03-puke

Cheers,
Neil

Gee a Cuse fan rooting against the Huskies and picking an ACC team ahead no less. I am sure most UCONN fans would lose 03-zzz over this LOL.
03-30-2009 02:10 AM
MichaelSavage Offline
Banned

I Root For: WVU, Nebraska
Hard to believe anyone would be picking Nova over UNC...
03-30-2009 06:41 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.