Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

When the season began, some were saying
Bookmark and Share
Dr. J. Offline
1st String

I Root For: UALR
When the season began, some were saying
that this could be our year because Western and USA were down this year, and my reply was something like, I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think those guys are ever down very far. They seem to be able to recruit a higher level of talent than we have been able to do. We seem to be able to compete for the division most years, but can't seem to beat the other division when it counts. I know the answer to our problem. Recruit better players than the other teams. How to do it? That I don't know. We have a great bunch of kids who played their butts off all season, and they should be proud of what they accomplished. 23 or 24 D1 wins is quite an accomplishment. I thank them for a great season. This loss tonight can't diminish their accomplishments.04-cheers
03-09-2009 11:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eh9198 Offline
All American

I Root For: Little Rock
RE: When the season began, some were saying
I don't know who does the recruiting, but we need a better one. A post earlier said people say this may be the best recruiting class ever coming in. But all we got was a decent (not great) player who won't fit in Sheilds' system (because he can actually play offense) and a couple of middling juco transfers. In my current, enraged mood, I can't imagine Bozeman being anything more than an ok but not great player like Smith or Patterson. He played for a bottom feeder in a big conference, just like Smith and Patterson did.

I'm sure next year or the following one, we'll have another Western Championship, we'll get all excited like we do every year, and then we'll fall flat on our face and underachieve, just like we do every year. And our hearts will be broken again.

You know, I'd still be bitterly disappointed, but I wouldn't so much have minded if we lost tonight, just so long as we hadn't lost in such a pathetic, hapless manner. These players deserved better than their coaches have given them this and every year before.
03-10-2009 12:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.