Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Those heading down for the tourney.
Bookmark and Share
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
Those heading down for the tourney.
Well, hopefully alot of you will make the trip down and spend the weekend in Nashville, it's a hell of a city. For those of you who haven't been here or aren't into the honkytonk/nightlife scene of lower Broadway, there are several other places/things to see, do and hang out at.
1. Loveless Cafe. It's a little off the beaten path, but the food is amazing.
2. Jack Daniel's Museum and plant - Even if you're not a fan of Jack Daniels, you'll have a respect for the process to which his product is made. It's an interesting tour and it's free.
3. You're two hours from Metropolis, Illinois. You can be at the Superman statue and oh yea, Harrah's is incredible up there. It blows Cherokee out of the water.
4. The Hermitage - Whether you play golf or just want to see the sights, it's a cool place to visit even though you're about two blocks from the equivalent of Lynn Garden Drive.
5. The music stuff. The Ryman, the HOF, etc... do it all if you can.
6. The Tennessee Sports H.O.F., located inside the Sommet Center, very nice exhibit, but a little too centered around middle Tennessee.
As far as food goes, don't do the chain restaurants, there are tons of local places that are great.

If you're into partying and aren't going to the Thursday night games, The Stage on Broadway has become an unofficial hottie bar, the music is average but it's a nice place to hang out. If you want a good drink, go across the street to The Wheel. The bartenders in there to have a heavy pour hand. Avoid FUEL (the club) at all costs. It's turned into a gun and knife club.
At any rate, come down here, tip the bands and the bartenders, pull for the bucs, and make sure you tune into A.M. 560 WNSR and listen to Thom Abraham, he's pretty intelligent and will talk anything with you, where as the 104.5 guys are stuck so far up the Titans ass getting tourney talk may be hard. Oh, and don't speed going through the plateau, the fine sucks.
02-28-2009 09:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Those heading down for the tourney.
Lover, thanks for all of the great tips. I so look forward to Nashville as it is my first ever trip there. If the Bucs win that would would top off the weekend and make it one of my most enjoyable ever!
02-28-2009 11:52 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

Depending on your age, and you're music taste there are some other kickass places to hang out. The Rutledge, 3rd and Lindlsey, Graham Central, The Tin Roof and 12th and Porter. Essentially, you have to be a screw up NOT to have fun here or find beautiful women. If all else fails and you're in agony, the bucs are going to win and there's always Christie's Cabaret.
Also, if you shut down the bars, go to Hermitage Cafe to eat. Another local joint that's Nashville's Mid-City Grill.
03-01-2009 11:16 AM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
I would normally hit the bars and the night life and maybe try to get into the pants of some little DAVID Lipscomb whore....but since I will be traveling with the old man I haven't a clue what to do
03-01-2009 12:41 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

If the old man likes country music, take him to Robert's Western World or The Wheel. Go see Joe there, great bartender. There's a 6-10 band (no, not the Brazilbilly, they're 10-3) that plays and has one of the best guitar players I've ever seen live. The Bluebird Cafe in Green Hills is also a great place and if all else fails, go check out the Opryland Hotel. Believe me, I moved here in March of 2007 from Johnson City, I've partied my ass off and still haven't been to all the bars, or seen even half the sights down here, and at times I miss home (except for the drama and b.s. politics) this is a wild place to live. I checked the weather and if you play golf, bring your clubs, it'll be warm here and while it POURED snow 30 minutes south of Nashville, there isn't a thing here today.
03-01-2009 03:35 PM
posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Offline
Heisman

I was gonna mention Bluebird but you beat me to it. And yes, Loveless Cafe is fantastic. Breakfast is best, but lunch is also great.
I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend The International Market and Restaurant on Belmont. It's not as dirt cheap (nor as exotic) as it used to be, but I still almost always bring back some food from there when I go down. (My mouth is watering as I write this thinking about it.) Tabouli across the street is also pretty good. The great Laughing Man vegetarian restaurant is now closed. There's some decent BBQ around, but nothing to top Ridgewood (or Firehouse, for that matter). There's a good joint up in Hendersonville, but I don't remember it's name.

Douglas Corner, 12th and Porter and 3rd and Lindsley can be good, depending on who's playing. Pick yourself up one of those free newspaper thingees as soon as you get into town. "Nashville Scene" is probably the best one. Although Nashville is known as a country town there's also some very good Americana and alternative R&R, and sometimes some good bluegrass and even some blues. The legendary Exit Inn isn't what it used to be, but they do still have some good bands - just not as many national acts as they used to. (They changed owners several years ago.) The Station Inn is still going. Randy Kohr's Band at the Station Inn on Friday. I see Nancy Griffith is going to be at the Bluebird on Thursday night. Will Kimbrough Wed. night, but that conflicts with the game. Mike Henderson Band there if you're still in town on Monday night. Jim Lauderdale at the Station Inn on Sat. night. and the Steep Canyon Rangers on Thursday night. Shawn Camp at 3rd and Lindsley on Thur. night. Bonnie Bramlett on Sat. night there. Richard Thompson at the Belcourt Theatre on Thursday night (don't know price but probaby not cheap). J.D. Souther (there's a name I haven't heard in a while) is there on Wed. night but again that would conflict with the game.
[If you don't recognize those names, this is not the place to do music tutoring.]

Edwin and Percy Warner Parks are worthwhile if you want some time outdoors to go walking or hiking, even. Over 2500 acres and on the National Register of Historic Places. The Parthenon is worth a quick look, and is a close-by place to kill an hour or so. Sometimes there are some interesting crazies there.
And I definitely agree with lover on the Hermitage. It's neat and worthwhile to anyone with even a small interest in history. Do it on the way in or way out of town.

I would definitely hang out down in the West End/Vandy area over the downtown stuff - unless you're into honky tonk.

Below is the link for "Nashville Scene". Click on "music" along the top for the music lineup. This site may give you a good flavor of Nashville before you go down...........

"Nashville Scene"
03-02-2009 03:25 AM
Advertisement

PreseasonChamps Offline
Bench Warmer

Noshville on Broadway has a great breakfast if you're into that sort of thing.
03-02-2009 12:33 PM
BucNut22 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU, MICH, UC
(03-01-2009 12:41 PM)Goldfinger Wrote:  I would normally hit the bars and the night life and maybe try to get into the pants of some little DAVID Lipscomb whore....but since I will be traveling with the old man I haven't a clue what to do

03-lmfao
03-02-2009 04:37 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I just want to save her from a life of duty.
03-02-2009 06:19 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

You just just said duty.
Check out all the other mags as well, All the Rage has picked up alot lately. I think I saw that Carrie Underwood and Josh Turner are playing the Opry Saturday night, and no, it won't cost you 500,000 dollars to see her.
03-02-2009 08:39 PM
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
Will $500,000 let me see her in a more intimate way?
03-02-2009 10:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

It didn't for the SGA and ETSU students.
03-03-2009 09:15 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

Buclover,
I have heard that The Big River Grill and Boscos are good brewpubs in Nashville. Are there any others to check out? I always like to visit a city's brewpubs and check out what they have to offer. I am so ready for Nashville!
03-03-2009 10:04 PM
hoosbruin Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Belmont
if you want a great meat and 3 go to the copper kettle which is located right next to lipscomb conveniently and best breakfast in nashville hands down is pancake pantry
03-03-2009 10:35 PM
Heisman

NO WAY Pancake Pantry can beat Loveless Cafe for breakfast.

Big River Grill is a decent brewpub. Was only there once and it's just a tad....uh....'trendy' - and that's both good and bad. It's fine. Don't know about Bosco's.
I have not heard of a particularly excellent beer being brewed in Nashville, but that doesn't mean it couldn't exist.
03-03-2009 11:57 PM
buckybuck Offline
Banned

I Root For: etsu
Thanks buccaneerlover...I'll be there and rooting for ETSU.
03-04-2009 01:04 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

But be advised Loveless Cafe *is* out of the way from most places. It's sort of a "destination" thing to do........
03-04-2009 03:13 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
I went to the pancake pantry today...I've been here before a long time ago...I believe it is the same as the one in Gatlinburg. Breakfast, other than BACON, has never really been my thing. So I was less than impressed...but it was packed full of people.
03-05-2009 01:52 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

Big River is really good, I haven't made it to Bosco's (I get sidetracked easily with breasts, Crown Royal and Steel Guitar).
Pancake Pantry is really good but not worth the wait to get in there. For the young folk, close down the bars, and go eat The Hermitage Cafe, you'll never want Mid-City Grill again.

(03-03-2009 10:04 PM)bucfan81 Wrote:  Buclover,
I have heard that The Big River Grill and Boscos are good brewpubs in Nashville. Are there any others to check out? I always like to visit a city's brewpubs and check out what they have to offer. I am so ready for Nashville!
03-05-2009 09:16 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Hey Lover, what are some good bars to hit up in the afternoon before the game? I need to be good and sauced up.
03-05-2009 09:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.