Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Phelps
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Phelps
I know this is terribly old news, but it does talk about a particularly bad law that we have.

Bong anyone
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2009 03:12 PM by nomad2u2001.)
02-05-2009 03:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
RE: Phelps
Good article from Ms. Parker. I applaud her common sense views.

2 things come to mind when reading this.

Sheriff Lott...is NOT a good guy if he pursues this. Only a cold hearted control freak would do so. He has the ability to do as any other officer does and apply the law arbitrarily. All he has to do is look the other way.

Phelps did NOT use bad judgment. He is an adult. He is perfectly able to decide though free choice what he puts into his body as long as he is not harming another person. It's the control freaks that are using bad judgment. This insane marijuana drug policy MUST stop!!!
02-05-2009 04:02 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
Phelps did use bad judgment because it could cost him lots of dough - the free market at work.

As for the legal action, that's secondary to the endorsements, and any arrest or indictment seem really pointless at this point.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2009 04:38 PM by I45owl.)
02-05-2009 04:37 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-05-2009 04:37 PM)I45owl Wrote:  Phelps did use bad judgment because it could cost him lots of dough - the free market at work.

As for the legal action, that's secondary to the endorsements, and any arrest or indictment seem really pointless at this point.

+1...Thank you for correcting me. I agree...the marketplace is certainly within its right to be judgmental. Personally I'd rather see it that way.
02-05-2009 04:45 PM
EastStang Offline
All American

I Root For:
Hey if you get paid in the neighborhood of $100 Million in endorsement money to act in a certain way, you act that way. If it means not hitting a bong with others, then don't do it.
02-05-2009 05:16 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-05-2009 05:16 PM)EastStang Wrote:  Hey if you get paid in the neighborhood of $100 Million in endorsement money to act in a certain way, you act that way. If it means not hitting a bong with others, then don't do it.

Yeah...I have no problem with the marketplace ostracizing him...I do have a problem with this being a crime.
02-05-2009 06:07 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Smoking pot isn't the worst crime a person can commit. But being a high profile celebrity and smoking pot in front of a guy with a camera which puts your $100 million endorsement contract in jeopary probably is.
02-05-2009 07:55 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Harm does come from irresponsible action. He is supporting drug dealers. As for the contention that "He is perfectly able to decide though free choice what he puts into his body", Does that mean that if a person wants Morphine or Opium, thats OK as well? I think not, you must be living in a dream world.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2009 08:26 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
02-05-2009 08:25 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(02-05-2009 08:25 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Harm does come from irresponsible action. He is supporting drug dealers. As for the contention that "He is perfectly able to decide though free choice what he puts into his body", Does that mean that if a person wants Morphine or Opium, thats OK as well? I think not, you must be living in a dream world.

If I want to kill myself, you need to mind your own damn business. 05-mafia
02-05-2009 08:30 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
All the swimmers that he "smoked" during the olympics must feel bad that they got trounced by a stoner. Just imagine how fast he woule be if he wasn't having to stop every 4 or 5 strokes due to laughing so hard.
02-05-2009 08:57 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-05-2009 08:25 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Harm does come from irresponsible action. He is supporting drug dealers. As for the contention that "He is perfectly able to decide though free choice what he puts into his body", Does that mean that if a person wants Morphine or Opium, thats OK as well? I think not, you must be living in a dream world.

For me to live in a dream world in regard to this issue... I would have to be someone that has ignored the fact that it is purely arbitrary that one drug is illegal and others are legal. I think I would also have to not know that Morphine and Opiates are legal in pain medications. The next time a cancer patient wants these drugs to ease their pain..I think we should just tell them that to give them these drugs would irresponsible because it would be supporting drug dealers..."Sorry..You will have to just deal with the pain...We know what's best for you" 03-yes
02-05-2009 09:21 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-05-2009 08:30 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  

If I want to kill myself, you need to mind your own damn business. 05-mafia

But don't you understand...Your business is OUR business. We must control every aspect of your life...from the cradle to the grave.04-cheers
02-05-2009 09:24 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Marijuana could probably be the most natural thing that someone can put in their body including the food that we eat now. Making it illegal may have been one of the worst mistakes that we've ever made because it opened our doors to smuggling and dealing, just like every other prohibition law we've implemented.

In short if it was legal to cultivate this on your own, there would be very little use for dealers of marijuana.
02-05-2009 10:35 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
He's sponsored by Rosseta Stoned.
02-06-2009 09:18 AM
Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators
(02-05-2009 08:25 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  He is supporting drug dealers.

Then so are the laws that keep these drugs illegal. If they were legal, we wouldn't have the black market for them.
02-06-2009 09:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-05-2009 10:35 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  Marijuana could probably be the most natural thing that someone can put in their body including the food that we eat now. Making it illegal may have been one of the worst mistakes that we've ever made because it opened our doors to smuggling and dealing, just like every other prohibition law we've implemented.

In short if it was legal to cultivate this on your own, there would be very little use for dealers of marijuana.
+1...The drug war is simply about the extraction of funds in support of the police state.

Any time you put prohibitions on something...you drive that service or product into the black market and create the violence that is associated with it. Studies have shown that the percentage of drug and alcohol abusers stays about the same regardless of legalization or prohibition. You are never going to stop people from wanting to alter their brain chemistry. The sensible thing is to educate people and give help to those that seek with their abuses.

I don't advocate that anyone put chemicals into their body that are not for medicinal purposes...but...I'm not going to put them into a cell or seek to extract funds from them if they do, as long as they are not harming another person.

For the record....I am a drug user. My drug of choice is alcohol. It just happens to arbitrarily be legal although it causes more deaths than any other drug.03-lmfao
02-06-2009 10:25 AM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-06-2009 09:50 AM)Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:  
(02-05-2009 08:25 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  He is supporting drug dealers.

Then so are the laws that keep these drugs illegal. If they were legal, we wouldn't have the black market for them.

+1....The only 2 groups that are totally against drug legalization are the ones that profit from prohibition...Black market drug dealers and members of law enforcement.
02-06-2009 10:29 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
You stoners might as well be banging your head against the wall. Now and forever. The drug of choice for the ---I DON'T GIVE A SH!T drug users make not a squat of difference to me. You cannot elevate an argument, that because there is a black market, making it legal is a solution. BULLFUCKINGSHIT.History tell us that unchecked drug use is bad for society. AND DOCTORS will tell you it is BAD FOR THE INDIVIDUAL. Either Pot, Meth, Crack, Smack or Tobacco it's dangerous for you. The thrill seaking @ssholes that think it's because the MAN wants to control you "cradle to grave" have been indoctrinated by the "we see gray area in everything" propaganda crowd that cannot make up their minds and set a standard or make an absolute decision. The MAN is trying to convince you that your control of your OWN life is removed by drug dependency. I read the "clouded judgment" from people on this board every day.

I don't have a salutation, but I know one thing, allowing recreational drug use is not the answer.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2009 02:22 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
02-06-2009 02:19 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(02-06-2009 02:19 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  You stoners might as well be banging your head against the wall. Now and forever. The drug of choice for the ---I DON'T GIVE A SH!T drug users make not a squat of difference to me. You cannot elevate an argument, that because there is a black market, making it legal is a solution. BULLFUCKINGSHIT.History tell us that unchecked drug use is bad for society. AND DOCTORS will tell you it is BAD FOR THE INDIVIDUAL. Either Pot, Meth, Crack, Smack or Tobacco it's dangerous for you. The thrill seaking @ssholes that think it's because the MAN wants to control you "cradle to grave" have been indoctrinated by the "we see gray area in everything" propaganda crowd that cannot make up their minds and set a standard or make an absolute decision. The MAN is trying to convince you that your control of your OWN life is removed by drug dependency. I read the "clouded judgment" from people on this board every day.

I don't have a salutation, but I know one thing, allowing recreational drug use is not the answer.

03-lmfao

Allow it? Hell, you can't stop it. 03-rotfl
02-06-2009 02:40 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-06-2009 02:19 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  You stoners might as well be banging your head against the wall. Now and forever. The drug of choice for the ---I DON'T GIVE A SH!T drug users make not a squat of difference to me. You cannot elevate an argument, that because there is a black market, making it legal is a solution. BULLFUCKINGSHIT.History tell us that unchecked drug use is bad for society. AND DOCTORS will tell you it is BAD FOR THE INDIVIDUAL. Either Pot, Meth, Crack, Smack or Tobacco it's dangerous for you. The thrill seaking @ssholes that think it's because the MAN wants to control you "cradle to grave" have been indoctrinated by the "we see gray area in everything" propaganda crowd that cannot make up their minds and set a standard or make an absolute decision. The MAN is trying to convince you that your control of your OWN life is removed by drug dependency. I read the "clouded judgment" from people on this board every day.

Law and order types do have a solution to the problem....controlling peoples lives.

BTW...I do not advocate drug use of any kind...but...The overwhelming facts do not support that the war on drugs has been effective in reducing drug use. Anti-Prohibition activists offer another solution....Law and Order types prefer status-quo failed control policies.

Most cops on the street will fully admit that marijuana should be legalized within possession couple of ounces. I think most sensible people agree that this would be a good place to start.
02-06-2009 02:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.